BOARDING

kentlady

Hi, I realise things may have changed a bit since we last cruised due to the new covid restrictions but can those of you that have cruised recently tell me if it’s possible to board a bit earlier than the time we have been given or if we have to stick to our allocated slot.

Many threads on this.   Don't count on boarding before your assigned time.  If you arrive early you will be directed to the line for your time slot.  Then if the other lines for times before you are drained they will take you.   But you could be waiting, outside.

33 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

In a suite, then yes (except don't go earlier than 11:00 in Tampa).  In other cabins, you will be waiting until those with times ahead of you board.  As capacity increases, so will the wait time.  

We have got a suite but family who are travelling with us are in concierge but we were told by our TA that we could all board together

31 minutes ago, kentlady said:

We have got a suite but family who are travelling with us are in concierge but we were told by our TA that we could all board together

Your TA can't say what happens at the embarkation center. 

1 hour ago, kentlady said:

I wouldn’t count on it unless all are on the same booking. If they are children on your booking but in a separate cabin they would be boarded with you. 

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

My cruise is May 13. When will I be able to choose my boarding time?

Laura

My cruise is 4/30 and March19 is when we can choose. So I am guessing about 6 weeks or so before your cruise.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

My cruise is 4/30 and March19 is when we can choose. So I am guessing about 6 weeks or so before your cruise.

If you have downloaded the App, it tells you the date.

You will be given the first available time, which is suggested you keep to, to ensure social distancing.

10 hours ago, kentlady said:

If you are boarding in Southampton each passengers boarding time and vaccination papers will be checked before you even get into the terminal. 

I think you will all be able to board together, just not everyone through the Suite line.    From reports/reviews that I have read recently, many people are arriving earlier than the stated time and are not experiencing long wait times.  But who knows what your experience might be with increasing occupancy.  

Yes, things are always changing! Back in September we took a cruise on the Edge out of Miami. We arrived at the pier an hour early and Celebrity’s employees sent to an agent who checked us in! We only wore our mask in the terminal! Our cruise had less than 270 passengers then and was a luxury yacht. Doubt we will see this again such low capacity! It was definitely an experience!

5 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I am cruising with a friend and we live in different states. Will one be able to choose boarding time for both of us? Whoever logs in first?

Laura

Since you both re on the same reservation, yes. 

On 3/1/2022 at 4:18 PM, kentlady said:

only if your board without using the suite priority boarding. Otherwise you get in a line for your appointed time and you only get to go early if the lines move faster than expected.