Rogueperson's **Live** Enchantment of the Seas 3/5/2022

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

""Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!""

Rogueperson was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I'm back!

This make's 3 live threads in a year.  That's a record for me.

This time, we're heading out of Baltimore, my favorite port.  Our destination is St. Croix, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts.  I've only been to two of these ports before, St. Maarten and St. Kitts.  And of those, I've only been to St. Kitts once, 9 years ago.

This time, my wife is with me.  She will be experience the wonders of post-covid cruising as well as the new diamond benefits, specifically the 4 free drinks a day.  If you've followed along at least with the last two, you'll know that I didn't know what to do with myself when i had only 4 drinks.  I was able to give them to my travel companion at the time, but this time, she has her own drinks, so yeah, this will be interesting.

Also, this will be the longest length Live thread I've ever done.  The previous longest, was a 9 night, coincidentally out of Baltimore, which was my first one.  I think this one will be quite interesting with the different ports here.

And as always, I am tagging @FionaMG because I told her I would.  

It seems like yesterday I did my first Live thread here and it seems to be a hit, so i kept doing them.  Here are previous ones if you're interested.  I link these for my benefit as well, so i can easily relive my own adventures.

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 4

We're doing the 12 night on 2 April (and the follow on 8 night).  We also did the same itinerary in April 2019 onGR. We've done the 12 night a couple of times.  It's our favorite itinerary out of Baltimore.  We've also done EN a couple of times but never a 12 night so we'll be following.

3 minutes ago, BND said:

We're doing the 12 night on 2 April (and the follow on 8 night).  We also did the same itinerary in April 2019 onGR. We've done the 12 night a couple of times.  It's our favorite itinerary out of Baltimore.  We've also done EN a couple of times but never a 12 night so we'll be following.

This is my first time on Enchantment, however, she's a sister ship of the Grandeur which I've been on 4 times.  She should be quite familiar to me.

My only issue that I found out AFTER booking is that Enchantment only has 1 specialty restaurant.  Chops.  That surprised me.  Where Giovanni's is on Grandeur, Enchantment has a conference room 🤔.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogueperson said:

This is my first time on Enchantment, however, she's a sister ship of the Grandeur which I've been on 4 times.  She should be quite familiar to me.

My only issue that I found out AFTER booking is that Enchantment only has 1 specialty restaurant.  Chops.  That surprised me.  Where Giovanni's is on Grandeur, Enchantment has a conference room 🤔.

We've done GR 7 times and really loved that ship.  Yes, EN only has Chops which is interesting for a ship that holds more people than other Vision class ships which all have more specialties.  

Just now, wolfcathorse said:

Please mention who your captain was! I will try to update the Current Captains thread.

Will do, but I think someone posted a live thread on the itinerary before this current one that left on 2/17/22.  That info might be there, but i'll update here when i get onboard.  I have an 11:00am boarding slot!

I'll be looking forward to your posts.  We did your itinerary in early February, and loved it.  I guess we were the last cruise with passenger masks, and with crew not yet allowed to go ashore.  Things are getting better all the time!

Following!  We will be sailing on EN in May.  I'm so interested in how things are now compared to pre-covid.  We lost 4 cruises and decided to wait to rebook until things seemed a little more normal.  I would love to know if they are having any of the activities like trivia, games that involve guests, etc.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Have a great time, I board Oasis 3/6 and I hope my report can be as good as yours

My only suggestion is what someone told me on my first one.  Use your own voice.  Don't try to be someone else.  You'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sunny days said:

Following!  We will be sailing on EN in May.  I'm so interested in how things are now compared to pre-covid.  We lost 4 cruises and decided to wait to rebook until things seemed a little more normal.  I would love to know if they are having any of the activities like trivia, games that involve guests, etc.

Thanks!

Things are evolving and will continue to evolve.  My cruise protocols in September was slightly different than the cruise in December.  I already know that some of the protocols are different for this one as well such as the mask optional rule now and the loss of the vaccinated only areas.

4 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Yes that disappointed me also only Chops. 

Just now, LorraineP said:

Yes that disappointed me also only Chops. 

They're offering the UDP (Ultimate Dining Plan).  I'm wondering if anyone buys it on the Enchantment.  I for one do not relish eating 12 nights and 6 lunches in Chops.

49 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

They're offering the UDP (Ultimate Dining Plan).  I'm wondering if anyone buys it on the Enchantment.  I for one do not relish eating 12 nights and 6 lunches in Chops.

Doing B2B 3/17 & 3/25 so most likely will eat at Chops twice on each leg using our BOGO. Will eat in Charleston both weeks, Margaritaville, Port Canaveral twice & Coco Cay Beach Club. So we will have a variety. 

3 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Doing B2B 3/17 & 3/25 so most likely will eat at Chops twice on each leg using our BOGO. Will eat in Charleston both weeks, Margaritaville, Port Canaveral twice & Coco Cay Beach Club. So we will have a variety. 

I love Charleston.  There's so much good food there.  Its too bad they don't stop in Miami anymore.  As a port of call, it really is great.  I never realized it until I went there for my solos on Grandeur.  I only did 1 live thread on it.  I really did like the 9 night itinerary.

14 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

I love Charleston.  There's so much good food there.  Its too bad they don't stop in Miami anymore.  As a port of call, it really is great.  I never realized it until I went there for my solos on Grandeur.  I only did 1 live thread on it.  I really did like the 9 night itinerary.

Any recommendation for Charleston restaurant. We usually eat at Pearlz but 1st leg they open at 4:00 (weekday) but at least 2nd leg (Sunday) they’re open for lunch. 

3 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Any recommendation for Charleston restaurant. We usually eat at Pearlz but 1st leg they open at 4:00 (weekday) but at least 2nd leg (Sunday) they’re open for lunch. 

Last time we were in Charleston, we enjoyed Magnolia's.

1 minute ago, LorraineP said:

Both times, I came off the ship and wanted breakfast.  I ended up at Another Broken Egg Cafe.  Its a yummy place.  But then i ate so much there, I really wasn't hungry until lunch.  Decent Beignets.

23 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Both times, I came off the ship and wanted breakfast.  I ended up at Another Broken Egg Cafe.  Its a yummy place.  But then i ate so much there, I really wasn't hungry until lunch.  Decent Beignets.

Love beignets will have to go. Is it close to pier?

20 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Love beignets will have to go. Is it close to pier?

4 blocks straight on Market street.  99 S. Market St., Charleston, SC  

I didn't realize it was a chain, but its pretty good.