What do you wish Celebrity would do that other cruise lines do?

Vagabond Knight

2 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Hope I never get this old to write such things. Grumpy!

I originally thought they were talking about kids when they said "talking rats," but I guess they mean Mickey & Minnie.  Either way, it's a bit dramatic.  Hoping the poster's acerbic language about kids was done as a joke, though that certainly didn't come through in the post.   

Anyhow, can we take it back to the original question of "What small something have you experienced on other cruise lines that you wish Celebrity would do?"  

3 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Hope I never get this old to write such things. Grumpy!

I’m old but not so Grumpy that I’d want a Cruise Line that is specifically designed for family and kids to do an ‘Adults Only’ cruise. Most of my friends who have cruised Disney say they aren’t ‘bothered’ by the large number of kids because they have so much for them to do and don’t have any issues with them. 

And the rest of my comments are what I’d hope most would understand as ‘tongue in cheek’……I hate having to explain jokes and such, but I guess…….

enough. Glad you enjoy Disney. I understand its a very nice experience. Just not what I’d want - not because of kids, but those rats the size of people!!!

Den

We decided to try X after being loyal HAL cruisers for a while.  Now we're hooked but there are some things from HAL we would like to see:

1) As others have said...laundry

2) Entertainment -- X is great for the variety but we've had issues finding what we want (musically).  On Hal, I knew that Jazz was here, classical there, R&R in a different venue etc.

3) We really love that that Promenade goes all the way around the ship.  So much better than the "jogging track" for walking in the evenings.  Plus since it's on deck 5, it is (mostly) out of the elements.

As to Internet -- not sure about that one.  I cruise to take a break from work (although I understand others can't or don't).  My wife used the internet a lot on the last cruise and it worked well for her needs, but she's not a vlogger either.

Rather than the medallion, I wish there was an app available for my smart watch (similar to contactless payment) with an option for the medallion if you don't have a smart watch.  The phone app already supports the room card (at least on the Equinox) so this doesn't sound like too much of a stretch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mhammack said:

We decided to try X after being loyal HAL cruisers for a while.  Now we're hooked but there are some things from HAL we would like to see:

Thanks for posting. We are just the opposite. We have loved the Celebrity S-class, moved to the E-class  and have booked the Nieu Amsterdam to try out. Like your list of positives, they suit us.

20 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Anyhow, can we take it back to the original question of "What small something have you experienced on other cruise lines that you wish Celebrity would do?"  

Following the spirit of the original question, I have one I don't think anyone else has mentioned. On Oceania in the Terrace/Buffet, they have always had servers to plate your food like a cafeteria. Of course other lines have adopted this during the restart times, or as we've seen during a noro outbreak. 

This is a great idea to reduce the spread of germs, keep people from picking something out, then putting it back, grabbing food items with their bare hands, the list goes on and on. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, ORV said:

Following the spirit of the original question, I have one I don't think anyone else has mentioned. On Oceania in the Terrace/Buffet, they have always had servers to plate your food like a cafeteria. Of course other lines have adopted this during the restart times, or as we've seen during a noro outbreak. 

This is a great idea to reduce the spread of germs, keep people from picking something out, then putting it back, grabbing food items with their bare hands, the list goes on and on. 

They have been doing this since the restart with no end in sight. So you may get your wish that they continue this permanently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORV said:

14 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

They have been doing this since the restart with no end in sight. So you may get your wish that they continue this permanently.

The fear is once they're back to nearly full sailings this may go away.  Therefore our best course of action is to be sure to mention this in your post sailing survey.  I've been on three sailings since the restart and always mention to keep the staff served buffet and to become a leader in wifi speed by providing faster wifi than Princess, on my cruise last month I wrote I would consider booking the Retreat if I telework on the seadays but that would require wifi speeds equal to Princess