Covid test before embarking

moderntammy

You can go on Walgreens website and schedule an appointment.

You can also buy Abbott Binax tests which you can take on your house with a phone computer iPad etc and you get results in 15 minutes 

you can only purchase these tests online. There’s a link on the HAL website 

Edited by Wakepatrol
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, moderntammy said:

We are spending 4 days in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise.  Does anyone know where we can get our Covid test 2 days before the cruise?

TIA

My brother used the one in the baggage claim area of Terminal 3 at the airport and was very happy with it.  Cost was about $50 and had results in 15 minutes.

Have heard of others using Lab Doctor, just across the street from Embassy Suites near the port (I think its on 17th).  Good reviews on it as well.

• Like 2

Here is a link to the State of Florida testing site locator......We use this site to link to our local county location that offers online appointments and has a price that we enjoy paying....zero!

Fort Lauderdale is Broward County.

Welcome to Florida!  Have fun!

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/testing-sites/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roz said:

I'm hoping HAL extends the time to 3 days just like Carnival and Princess.

As of Feb 28 news release on Princess:

Guests on sailings from the United States must provide proof at terminal check-in of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within two days of their embarkation. 

But Carnival is 3 days.  And I agree - lets hope HAL goes to three days SOON!

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 6:40 PM, Roz said:

I'm hoping HAL extends the time to 3 days just like Carnival and Princess.

3 star Mariner taking our first Princess cruise Saturday.....

• It's still 2 days prior for testing (just like HAL)
  • NO MASK REQUIRED!!!!!YAHOO...YIPPEE!

We shall see how Princess works for us......Feeling like we are cheating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The two day requirement concerns me.  We live in a small town with limited resources.  My husband is out now driving around to see if there are places that can give us a quick result for a July cruise. 

Does anyone know if there is testing available at Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91?  SeaTac tests at the airport but the cost is $250 pp!

Edited by JudithLynne

Did you check with your county health dept?

We are in Florida and we are leaving Saturday for a cruise.  I scheduled an appointment online...arrived at 9am and results emailed by 9:30am today.   FREE.  No wait. And no appointment was really necessary.  

We live in the boonies....The county only has 18,000 folks but the state of Florida continues to do a great job. 

Or, just go to Optum, buy a pack of eMed tests, take some with you and test from wherever you are that has an internet connection.  Both times I've ordered them, they arrived in about 5 days.

That's my standard plan so I don't have to stress about finding a testing site away from home.  I'm lucky that I have a Wagreens about 2 miles from my house.  Last cruise, I did the rapid test that says results within 24 hours and I got the results in 1 hour.  But I have a 2-pack of BinaxNow tests that I'm keeping around as backup.  Well worth the cost, imho.

56 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

The two day requirement concerns me.  We live in a small town with limited resources.  My husband is out now driving around to see if there are places that can give us a quick result for a July cruise. 

Does anyone know if there is testing available at Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91?  SeaTac tests at the airport but the cost is $250 pp!

I don't know which small town you are in or near, but we are in Skykomish (near Stevens Pass). Invara Pharmacy +Clinic in Sultan, WA, was excellent. You can schedule a test on their app way in advance; I think they charged about $70/each.

Made an appointment at CVS for 2 days before cruise. Pulled into drive up window at the time scheduled and we were handed test kits. Instructed step by step on obtaining specimen and packaging it. Dropped in bin. 30 hours later results were text to us. Also received email from my state health department with results. Paid nothing as insurance covered it 

Made an appointment at CVS for 2 days before cruise. Pulled into drive up window at the time scheduled and we were handed test kits. Instructed step by step on obtaining specimen and packaging it. Dropped in bin. 30 hours later results were text to us. Also received email from my state health department with results. Paid nothing as insurance covered it. Wanted to add that we had PCR tests as there weren’t any rapid test appointments available on the day we wanted to schedule. We were also in Florida already so found it easy to just do it at CVS, as we are already customers of theirs at home. 

6 minutes ago, smlri said:

Made an appointment at CVS for 2 days before cruise. Pulled into drive up window at the time scheduled and we were handed test kits. Instructed step by step on obtaining specimen and packaging it. Dropped in bin. 30 hours later results were text to us. Also received email from my state health department with results. Paid nothing as insurance covered it 

30 hours seems like a long time for these tests - did you mean 30 minutes?

I would look at eMed and consider buying the proctored tests. There’s a bit of a cost, but the convenience is a great benefit. Plus, you don’t have to worry about added costs, inability to make an appointment, and the like. 

• Like 1