July 1st. cruise to Canada from New York

penlady

For those of you who are on this cruise and need to pay your balance by tomorrow. Here is a bit of advice before calling in the payment today I scrolled thru the specials as I always do and notice there was a promo on this cruise, I asked the rep to adjust my fare to reflect the current offer which he did, and I saved $320.00 off  my fare. Also, when I was previously booked for the Caribbean cruise in Nov. which Cunard had cancelled I was told I could either have my deposit returned to me or if I chose to transfer it to a future cruise they would add something on to my balance which they did so between that and the money taken off today I made out very nicely so if you are waiting until tomorrow to pay do your homework....

• Like 2

I started a reply on this topic yesterday. I'll go ahead and finish it now since this does depend on where the booking was made.

This applies to a US booking (with a 120-day final payment date). Our friends in the UK and in Australia/New Zealand have 30 more days to make their final payments and they have different promotions from those offered here in the US.

It also probably involves a booking originally made with a refundable deposit. Taking advantage of a new promotion usually involves canceling the existing booking and creating a new booking. That implies the loss of a non-refundable deposit.

Some promotions in the US now have non-refundable deposits.

To my knowledge, all UK bookings have non-refundable deposits.

As I understand it, the deposit on a full Cunard Fare booking in Australia/New Zealand is refundable as long as it's 180 days or more before departure.

• Like 1

Years ago, I was on the fence about doing this particular cruise as it was only five days and I am used to doing the longer cruises, so I never did it but then when they changed it to seven days I went, and it was one of the best cruises I have been on and will be on it again July 1st.

On 3/6/2022 at 7:12 AM, penlady said:

Years ago, I was on the fence about doing this particular cruise as it was only five days and I am used to doing the longer cruises, so I never did it but then when they changed it to seven days I went, and it was one of the best cruises I have been on and will be on it again July 1st.

What's so good about  it - is it the ports - that part of the country intrigues me - but I'd probably prefer to do it for the fall colours 

1 hour ago, lissie said:

What's so good about  it - is it the ports - that part of the country intrigues me - but I'd probably prefer to do it for the fall colours 

The problem is that Atlantic Canada’s and New England’s foliage show is kind of unpredictable - with peak color happening any time in about a six weeks time frame - and capable of being suddenly terminated by weather.

Still, mid-September through October is generally best for that itinerary.

• Like 1

I am booked on this cruise because: the ship is splendid, the departure requires no airline travel (for me), the itinerary is mainly domestic so no fear of quarantine or potential covid medical issues in a foreign country, and finally, the price is great! 

No, this is not a foliage cruise because it is the height of the summer---this cruise allows for fantastic fireworks viewing instead! 

I also think this cruise will be somewhat relaxing, as we have two and a half sea days, and the port excursions are not too strenuous.  I just mainly want to dress up, savor fine dining, and enjoy some quality Cunard experiences (British ambience, tea, fencing, planetarium, etc.).

Edited by LibertyBella
  • Like 2

This is a very popular Independence Day  7 nighter to experience Cunard and the QM2 for Eat Coast cruisers. R/T NYC . We have chosen this yearly cruise many times from back when the QE2 did it.

Boston on July 4th is always neat but don't get too excited about the Fireworks . They are far off , seen  only from an upper deck and too far distant for sound .

On 3/7/2022 at 1:45 PM, lissie said:

It's just a great cruise !!

• Like 1