When do boarding groups open up on the app?

rsail203

3 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

So since we are new to Princess and have no status (lol), and only booked a mini-suite (which doesn't count for anything) I'm wondering if we will just arrive early to sit and wait for all the others to actually board the ship who do have status or higher cabin categories.  I know that with Carnival we board earlier because of our status with them regardless of arrival times.  Is it basically the same with Princess?

We (elite) are traveling with my 2 brothers (platinum and ruby) next week and we were all able to get group A.

First time on Princess next week. Pretty sure I'm in the first group, but can't remember where that info is. I think it's on my phone.

So now all I have to do is make sure I'm wearing my PF Flyers, get to the port before sunrise, make no eye contact with other pax, pace until I'm on, then run like a crazy person, with elbows out, to make sure I get the "right" lounge chair in The Sanctuary, right?😆

Edited by Peira
  • Haha 1

The arrival group selection just opened on the Medallion App for our April cruise.  I am able to choose the boarding time but the app doesn't display a way to confirm or save the selection.  If I close the app and then open it again the boarding group is blank .  I tried all the groups (early, mid & late) and they all do the same thing.  Anyone experience this before and have remedy?  Thanks

32 minutes ago, Lobez said:

The arrival group selection just opened on the Medallion App for our April cruise.  I am able to choose the boarding time but the app doesn't display a way to confirm or save the selection.  If I close the app and then open it again the boarding group is blank .  I tried all the groups (early, mid & late) and they all do the same thing.  Anyone experience this before and have remedy?  Thanks

When I used my iPhone, I did experience what happened to you.....luckily I have the app on my mini i-pad too, so I opened the app on there and was able to see the confirm bottom on the mini.   

15 hours ago, Peira said:

First time on Princess next week. Pretty sure I'm in the first group, but can't remember where that info is. I think it's on my phone.

So now all I have to do is make sure I'm wearing my PF Flyers, get to the port before sunrise, make no eye contact with other pax, pace until I'm on, then run like a crazy person, with elbows out, to make sure I get the "right" lounge chair in The Sanctuary, right?😆

You got it!  The only thing I would add is to run by the pool and put a book on one of the loungers in case you decide to use the pool sometime! 🙂

On 3/3/2022 at 10:42 PM, WildBlueYonder64 said:

Yes, we're on the 4/2 sailing of Majestic and are getting the same message when trying to select a boarding group.

The only thing for us left to complete is under item #5, the health questionnaire, which can't be completed until 14 days before sailing.

I was able to select the group a couple of days ago for this cruise.  4/2 Majestic passengers should try again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lobez said:

There should be a confirm button. I had to scroll down to find it

18 hours ago, Peira said:

Pretty sure I'm in the first group, but can't remember where that info is. I think it's on my phone.

• Open the app
  • Travel Check List
  • Arrival & Departure Groups
  • image.jpeg.80c212de308bfe03fbf12a2f8b5b4738.jpeg

At the top of the app’s first page it shows the Group & a QR code but doesn’t show the time unless following the above procedure.

7 hours ago, Parrottdizes said:

When I used my iPhone, I did experience what happened to you.....luckily I have the app on my mini i-pad too, so I opened the app on there and was able to see the confirm bottom on the mini.   

Thanks for the info.  The app wouldn't display the confirm tab on my iphone8, but showed and worked fine on my wife's iphone13.  Not sure why, but we're set to go now.

Emerald cruise sailing 9 May opened today.

Question please - the QR code that appears on the App after I selected my boarding time - does that cover my wife as well or do we need a separate QR code for her. Her details, security photo etc are on the App but we only use my phone and I have been able to do everything for her on the App. I assume the QR code covers both of us as we are obviously under the same booking. It's only my complete lack of faith with Princess IT that has me asking.