Couple cruising with different C&A levels

So, my wife is cruising on Enchantment with her mother this June. That cruise will put her at 55 nights, so she will be Emerald on our Allure cruise in July. I will still only have 49 points, so obviously I’d still just be Platinum. 

How exactly does Royal handle this situation? Will we both get Emerald perks in July, or just her? 

Thanks in advance!

Steve

5 minutes ago, sstepson said:

So, my wife is cruising on Enchantment with her mother this June. That cruise will put her at 55 nights, so she will be Emerald on our Allure cruise in July. I will still only have 49 points, so obviously I’d still just be Platinum. 

How exactly does Royal handle this situation? Will we both get Emerald perks in July, or just her? 

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Your loyalty status will be matched to your wife's. Although I'm not sure there are many perks for Emerald compared to Platinum.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sstepson said:

Thanks in advance!

Steve

I don’t there any real benefits for emerald.

8 hours ago, sstepson said:

Thanks in advance!

Steve

SIL + BIL had a similar situation; she was D, he was E. Their setsail passes reflected their actual statuses. Once they boarded, they went to the loyalty desk and the ambassador bumped him up to D, along with the respective perks.

8 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Your loyalty status will be matched to your wife's. Although I'm not sure there are many perks for Emerald compared to Platinum.

Ok, thanks for the info. And yeah…I think there’s water/snacks in the room on embarkation…that’s about it. 

Thanks for your help!

Steve

• Like 1

On future cruises, you will receive whatever points or perks your wife receives. Make sure you put her as primary/passenger one on future sailings. :classic_tongue: You will benefit from whatever points she receives as the point earner. :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, sstepson said:

Ok, thanks for the info. And yeah…I think there’s water/snacks in the room on embarkation…that’s about it. 

Thanks for your help!

Steve

Call ahead and make sure the C&A accounts are linked.  Then it should be done.  This way yet your extra onboard amenity and no need to waste time onboard doing it.  

Just call C&A desk and link your accounts.

That way you will share the status of the highest level person.

If you later split up, you will keep the status for both, but the lower points person will revert to their actual points total, and will have to earn their next level from that point.

I made D last cruise.  My GF is also D based on being linked.  But she is about 30 points behind me.  So if we were to unlink the accounts, she would need to earn the 30 points plus the difference in points from D to D+ to get there.

Edited by SRF
  • Like 1

We have a friend who has been on cruises with us in our cabin. She is at a  different C&A level. When we arrive in our cabin there are always two C&A letters waiting - one for us with our perks listed, and one for her with her perks listed. 

2 hours ago, SG65CB said:

We have a friend who has been on cruises with us in our cabin. She is at a  different C&A level. When we arrive in our cabin there are always two C&A letters waiting - one for us with our perks listed, and one for her with her perks listed. 

A friend would be different. Spouses, significant others, and minor children can all be linked and all will receive the same status.

22 hours ago, SRF said:

Just call C&A desk and link your accounts.

That way you will share the status of the highest level person.

If you later split up, you will keep the status for both, but the lower points person will revert to their actual points total, and will have to earn their next level from that point.

I made D last cruise.  My GF is also D based on being linked.  But she is about 30 points behind me.  So if we were to unlink the accounts, she would need to earn the 30 points plus the difference in points from D to D+ to get there.

This is good to know...which reminds me I need to unlink a former SO from my account. I heard a story of a woman who tried to unlink her ex-husband to no avail - guess it wasn't true. Thanks for the info.