Current capacity on ships?

raesive

That's two different questions. What are the cruise industry ALLOWED to sail at? Not sure, but there is still some quarantine capacity being required, so ships are not sailing full.

What are they ACTUALLY sailing at? Anywhere from one third to around half, based on the many reports. 

We were on the Rotterdam last week and were told by an officer there were 1300 passengers on board. Only a few kids.  It was great - no lines for anything. We'll sail on her again next week and we'll see if there is any difference.

We are on the Eurodam now. We sailed out of Port Everglades on February 27th and will be returning tomorrow. There are 500 passengers on board and only one child (my 8 year old granddaughter). There are 725 crew. The mask requirement dropped to recommendation on March 1st. Absolutely awesome cruise. Next Eurodam sailing will be 900 passengers, then following one will be 1200 (per Ask the Captain).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SUESEABE said:

We are on the Eurodam now. We sailed out of Port Everglades on February 27th and will be returning tomorrow. There are 500 passengers on board and only one child (my 8 year old granddaughter). There are 725 crew. The mask requirement dropped to recommendation on March 1st. Absolutely awesome cruise. Next Eurodam sailing will be 900 passengers, then following one will be 1200 (per Ask the Captain).

Awesome yes but how much longer can the lines continue to sail at ships 25 to 50% of capacity.

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

We were on the Rotterdam last week and were told by an officer there were 1300 passengers on board. Only a few kids.  It was great - no lines for anything. We'll sail on her again next week and we'll see if there is any difference.

I heard current Rotterdam sailing has over 2,000. Lots of execs on board. Last week sailing had exec chef from Seattle on board to prepare for big event. Also on another post BB King Club has two bands playing until 1 AM for this weeks cruise

I just returned from sailing on the Koningsdam (2/27-3/6) and while I heard there were 700 people on board I would be willing to bet the number was between 500 and 600. Our hallway was a ghost town with only three rooms, including ours, being occupied.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yukiie said:

I just returned from sailing on the Koningsdam (2/27-3/6) and while I heard there were 700 people on board I would be willing to bet the number was between 500 and 600. Our hallway was a ghost town with only three rooms, including ours, being occupied.

Several sources had the load at 700...including "official" sources. Yes, it was very quiet. But no factual reason to argue against the sources.

We sailed on the Rotterdam last week with about 50% capacity - it was great. No lines, only a few kids. However, we are sailing on her again next week and someone on the roll call said it will be sailing almost at 100% capacity with 130 kids. Said parents were on the ship and asked the Captain. Could be BS - hope it is.

I think it really varies right now.  If you are cruising out of FLL on a 7 day during Spring Break weeks you will experience a higher capacity factor than if you are doing a California Coastal out of San Diego (IMO).

We're on the Koningsdam and were told there are 900 on board.  Last night, DH was told they expect fewer passengers new week.  I guess we'll see on Sunday.

This week the upper dining room is closed and there is one show.  The loungesmand showroom are never crowded.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser

2 hours ago, Djptcp said:

We sailed on the Rotterdam last week with about 50% capacity - it was great. No lines, only a few kids. However, we are sailing on her again next week and someone on the roll call said it will be sailing almost at 100% capacity with 130 kids. Said parents were on the ship and asked the Captain. Could be BS - hope it is.

Will be with you on the March 13th sailing. Would love to see 1500, not 2500:) I've been on 2 RCI cruises since the restart, both Radiance class (very similar to Rotterdam in size and capacity) at about 900 passengers. Amazing cruises as far as little waiting.

We will be on Koningsdam Mexican Riviera out of San Diego on Sunday March 13th. Anyone have any idea how many passengers?  HAL is always reluctant to give out numbers over the phone. 

On 3/8/2022 at 1:42 PM, MISTER 67 said:

Awesome yes but how much longer can the lines continue to sail at ships 25 to 50% of capacity.

I second your question but also agree it is awesome while it lasts.  I suspect the lifting of the mask requirement and plummeting COVID positivity will result in HAL bookings rising again soon.

On the flip side, a guy in our office just returned from a 7 day Carnival Vista cruise from Galveston to Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, and 1 other stop.  He said the ship was at 95% capacity with about 3,750 passengers.  He said there were lines everywhere including at the ports and on the shore excursions.  Lots of drunks trying to maximize their 15/day drink package limit too.

10 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

@Bucketlist22 I heard that the March 30th sailing on the Eurodam is 1200 passengers (maybe a few more booking at last minute since mask mandate lifted).

Just to be clear, I read your previous post as saying you were on the ship with 500, the cruise after you (March 9) was expecting 900 and the cruise after that (March 20) was expecting 1200. Did you also hear about March 30th?

On 3/9/2022 at 12:57 PM, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We're on the Koningsdam and were told there are 900 on board.  Last night, DH was told they expect fewer passengers new week.  I guess we'll see on Sunday.

This week the upper dining room is closed and there is one show.  The loungesmand showroom are never crowded.

A more "official" for March 13 puts it at about 1150.

I am guessing you are not going to the Rolling Stone Lounge. It's full every night, at least for the first show.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, jhsocal said:

Suspect that if testing requirement is discontinued   and confidence about covid  increases , demand will increase significantly  and so will prices. 

and hopefully the stock price too.

4 hours ago, Orsino said:

20 March 2021 Eurodam 10 day sailing: I’m hearing 800, but nothing ‘official.’  I’m also told that the Rotterdam (7 day) that left on the same day as us is over 2000. 

Hearing 40% on our Koningsdam one next week.