The Daily for Monday 03/14/2022

richwmn

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily, to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists, and to all who contribute to make this such a safe and caring thread to visit.

Happy Birthday wishes to those who are celebrating today.

@aliaschief thanks for sharing your photos.

@sailingdutchy Bon Voyage,.

@marshhawk You are not selfish, @ger_77 has given very good advice.  Let us know the outcome.

@StLouisCruisersam relieved to know that Jen has been accepted to a skilled nursing facility.

Good news that Buddy is going home, hope he can manage to eat soft foods. Has he been given a special diet list?

After returning from the supermarket this morning, went for a walk, was almost home again when the rain  started, in the time it took to walk the two blocks got quite wet.  Rain has continued,, now fog has rolled in.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I have had three sleepless nights.  On Feb. 25 DH went to the Dermatologist for an exam.  Two specimens were taken and sent for biopsy.  We have yet to get the results.  On Friday he received a phone call from the Dermology office that the specimens were sent for a second opinion. That is all I had to hear.  My first thought was melanoma.  Being the weekend, I had no one to call or talk to.  I asked DH if he asked why it went for a second opinion and he said no.

We are leaving for our trip three weeks from today.  I needed some answers.  

I really did not want to post anything here because I have asked for so many prayers in the last few months and there are others with needs far greater than ours.  So I just kept quiet.

I called the Derm Office this morning.  Finally at 5:15pm I received a return call from the Nurse Practitioner who saw DH and took the specimens.  She said that she did not know why they were sent for second options but it was definitely NOT MELANOMA.  

To say the least, I was relieved.  

Whether he will need any treatment prior to going away is still up in the air. But there is now a rush on the second opinion.  It is possible that DH could wait until we return from the cruise/trip to have whatever treatment is necessary, or it can be done and I can take care of him on the cruise.  

Either way, we don’t have to cancel the trip.

But the best part is that DH does not have melanoma.  

Saying a prayer of thanksgiving tonight.  And I am going to sleep like a baby tonight.

Thank you for letting me share.

Terri

• Like 22

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@marshhawkhugs to you!  What you thought and what Gerry discussed sounds very plausible to me.  But I hope you have all your appointments lined up and get some answers on your own health very soon.  Tell him he is not to attempt to schedule something for himself until he checks with you to make sure it doesn't conflict with your appointments.  You've been waiting for a while now to figure out what to do next.  Good luck to you!

Late this afternoon I got word that DB's ex-wife toured a skilled nursing facility that agreed to accept Jen.  They've begun the paperwork and hopefully she can be moved there when she's discharged.  All I can say is they'd better approve of this move because that is what insurance is for!  They will be able to do all three therapy disciplines for about 30-45 minutes a day each.  So better news for Jen.

And for Buddy twin told me she texted her daughter this afternoon and said she was going to stop by the hospital to see Buddy.  Her daughter said don't bother because he was heading home from the hospital.  His WBC numbers had been going up but twin didn't know what levels they were at.  I just hope he is feeling lots better than he was Friday!  

🙏🙏🙏 for Ann, Jen and Buddy!

Sandi, that's good news that Jen was accepted in a facility whete she'll get the care and help she needs.  Also, good news that Buddy is well enough to go home.

4 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

The rescheduled birthday went fine, here is a photo of the cake -

20220313_142901.thumb.jpg.4cfa2fc609bd8d868ff0580fc0e54c5b.jpg

The eggplant parmesan and spaghetti squash were a hit. They got chowed down before I could get a picture! 

Glad the dinner was a success.  The cake looks good.

4 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

We just got our COVID test results - No Virus!

So we are good to go to join @sailingdutchy, @kb4683, and @sassy~one on the Nieuw Statendam on Wednesday! 

We have an 8 AM  non-stop flight from MSP to FLL on Wednesday - rumor has it that the ship will be arriving in port a bit latter than usual...

Glad you tested negative.  Have a safe flight Wednesday and a great cruise.

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Funny you should ask, Roy. Our parents and us used to keep kosher. We have their every day meat and airy dishes as well as our own, Then there are fancy china as well as my own, I kept them all beccause we have so much room in the cabinets. The set that broke was our everyday meat dishes, but we dont use them anymore, What really upset me was a set of Stengle ware that was my mother's and I had a sentimental attachment to them. I have two pieces of that left. My daughter came and we moved all the heavy unused goood china to low cabinets that rouch the floor,. ruthfully, I;m more upset with the aids than I am about this and the handyman can fix and rehang the cabinets and shore up another one that is starting to separate from the wall. Thanks for asking.

I'm glad your  handyman can rehang the cabinet, and that he found and can fix another one before it falls.  

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I have had three sleepless nights.  On Feb. 25 DH went to the Dermatologist for an exam.  Two specimens were taken and sent for biopsy.  We have yet to get the results.  On Friday he received a phone call from the Dermology office that the specimens were sent for a second opinion. That is all I had to hear.  My first thought was melanoma.  Being the weekend, I had no one to call or talk to.  I asked DH if he asked why it went for a second opinion and he said no.

I really did not want to post anything here because I have asked for so many prayers in the last few months and there are others with needs far greater than ours.  So I just kept quiet.

I called the Derm Office this morning.  Finally at 5:15pm I received a return call from the Nurse Practitioner who saw DH and took the specimens.  She said that she did not know why they were sent for second options but it was definitely NOT MELANOMA.  

Whether he will need any treatment prior to going away is still up in the air. But there is now a rush on the second opinion.  It is possible that DH could wait until we return from the cruise/trip to have whatever treatment is necessary, or it can be done and I can take care of him on the cruise.  

Saying a prayer of thanksgiving tonight.  And I am going to sleep like a baby tonight.

Terri

Terri, that is great news that it isn't melanoma.

Lenda

• Like 5

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Now i am going to say something that probably seems selfish, so forgive me..my DH comes up with ailments every time i am having appointments with my doc.  I am always rescheduling my appointments and sometimes...his ailments, I think are in his head.  Either to sabotage my health, or to re affirm that he is more important.  Not sure.  But I am getting frustrated.  And angry.  And I am not a nice person when I'm angry.  So, right now, I'm going to take myself outside, and get some fresh air and sunshine, and see if I cant get my disposition, repositioned. 

You are likely right. In my mother’s final years, she became suddenly ill and called an ambulance every time we had a chance to go off the island to shop for a few hours. I would get a call from the hospital and have to turn back. The doctor would examine her in the ER, where she suddenly felt fine. Then they would call her daughter (me) to pick her up and take her home. I finally learned not to tell her I was going away for the afternoon, and she was just fine every time.
It’s not easy, but you are the only person you can count on to look after you.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Back from the adventure.  We chose to go the alternative way, no highway.  Kind of a nice drive, and it really did seem to take less time coming home, than getting there.  Doctor was young, think he graduated from high school two weeks ago.  They took xrays and came back in and said that nothing was wrong.  There are no teeth to be hurting him, they were pulled before the radiation treatment started last February.  He told DH to go back to the original surgeon (that wont work, the original surgeon plowed his private plane into the ground about 8 years ago)  but since that was not possible to get with his oncologist.  DH called the office and got an appointment for Wednesday morning at 9:40.  DH thinks perhaps there is an infection and the oral surgeon called in a prescription for antibiotics to be taken for a week.  He didn't think there was one, but I think he was humoring DH.

DH is supposed to have a colonoscopy this Friday, but I asked him to call and check with the office since he will be on the antibiotics, they said they would call him back, and no one has yet.  I cant imagine stripping my guts with pre op, and taking antibiotics...pathway to tummy hell.  But if anyone knows different then let me know.

Now i am going to say something that probably seems selfish, so forgive me..my DH comes up with ailments every time i am having appointments with my doc.  I am always rescheduling my appointments and sometimes...his ailments, I think are in his head.  Either to sabotage my health, or to re affirm that he is more important.  Not sure.  But I am getting frustrated.  And angry.  And I am not a nice person when I'm angry.  So, right now, I'm going to take myself outside, and get some fresh air and sunshine, and see if I cant get my disposition, repositioned. 

@marshhawk.

It is sad your husband has ailments but sadder still he is being selfish and only thinking of himself and not caring about your health needs too.

He needs to know that you are a team to help each other and it seems he is only interested in himself.

Very best wishes to you.

Graham

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily, to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists, and to all who contribute to make this such a safe and caring thread to visit.

Happy Birthday wishes to those who are celebrating today.

@aliaschief thanks for sharing your photos.

@sailingdutchy Bon Voyage,.

@marshhawk You are not selfish, @ger_77 has given very good advice.  Let us know the outcome.

@StLouisCruisersam relieved to know that Jen has been accepted to a skilled nursing facility.

Good news that Buddy is going home, hope he can manage to eat soft foods. Has he been given a special diet list?

After returning from the supermarket this morning, went for a walk, was almost home again when the rain  started, in the time it took to walk the two blocks got quite wet.  Rain has continued,, now fog has rolled in.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Thanks for your concern for Jen and Buddy.  Both can use all the help they can get.  I don't know for sure what Buddy's diet plan is.  I would think anything he can get down his throat and keep down would be beneficial.  He was barely able to swallow the past several weeks.  I ask my siblings for reports on their daughter and son in law frequently and usually I hear back right away.  Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

I'm happy to hear it wasn't melanoma.  I had it once but it was found quite early so everything worked out well for me.  Whatever happens with your DH's treatment I'm sure you'll be able to help care for him even if on your cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, kb4683 said:

@sailingdutchy

@Overhead Fred

FYI -This was in the stateroom when we returned tonight

745ABC39-6F19-4423-B2B0-08F9A738481A.thumb.jpeg.1ab1817588e2c14ea46dffc42e6cc959.jpeg

Thank you for trying to send us a message @kb4683because of the delayed arrival , but I could not read this message that you received . In the mean time HAL has told us they hope to arrive at 11 am and will not start embarkation until at least 2 pm on Wednesday . Hope that is still the case .

Tony 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm happy to hear it wasn't melanoma.  I had it once but it was found quite early so everything worked out well for me.  Whatever happens with your DH's treatment I'm sure you'll be able to help care for him even if on your cruise.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi.

Sorry to hear you had a melanoma once but I'm really pleased it was found and cured early.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, marshhawk said:

DH is supposed to have a colonoscopy this Friday, but I asked him to call and check with the office since he will be on the antibiotics, they said they would call him back, and no one has yet.  I cant imagine stripping my guts with pre op, and taking antibiotics...pathway to tummy hell.  But if anyone knows different then let me know.

Just a thought- unless it’s for diagnostic purposes, colonoscopies for “preventive” reasons should be able to be postponed easily. 

• Like 2

@sailingdutchy

@Overhead Fred

Sorry for the poor quality photo last night 🥺

This is our disembarkation schedule as of 1 hour ago.  Based on this, I would say 2:00 is reasonable for you to embark.  Not sure how many are actually leaving tomorrow.

It was also noted on the front that we are scheduled be at Terminal 26.

C4750E1B-30BD-4DDC-96AC-B35E3A7DC96A.thumb.jpeg.f7c5889d525b8ce73b20465d48a328dd.jpeg

• Thanks 2