CL 1702 on Symphony, Obstructed ?

riekl

I did RU to CL 1702, and have a question as the room is marked as 30% obstructed.  I am rather surprised that I can find no information about this obstruction anywhere on the internet.  There is one post on the Harmony about it being a slightly slanted wall divider from 2016 but that is all I can find?  Does anyone have more insight into this and especially is the obstruction noticeable from inside with the curtains open?  

I believe it has to do with window washing equipment that is located forward of the balcony when it is not in use.  It would come into the forward most view from the balcony.  If you google "symphony of the seas 1402" you may locate pictures - and I believe other CC posts regarding this - on similar Oasis class ships.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 hours ago, HicksRA said:

You can always call and move to another CLS if any are available.  

9 days to cruise, all booked except the handicap CL and they wont let me have it 😞 

22 minutes ago, riekl said:

9 days to cruise, all booked except the handicap CL and they wont let me have it 😞 

IMO the obstruction is not that severe as it is on the inward curve of the structure, and only would limit a small portion of your direct forward view.  There are other pictures posted on line that show the view forward from the similar stateroom on the other side. 

I would hope you don't stress over it too much - that is a terrific stateroom otherwise which allows a more forward view than the others behind it, if that would be of interest.

2 hours ago, riekl said:

I don't think the obstruction is your big problem...I read your other post...oh my. Best of luck figuring out what you'll do with your spouse and other child booked in a balcony cabin that didn't participate in your UpBid.

3 hours ago, riekl said:

Why won't they let you have the HC CL, I mean really with only 9 days to go they should let you switch to it............Call again get a different agent, Bingo you have the cabin.

• 2 years later...

Did you end up sailing in 1702?  If so was there any noise from Coastal Kitchen?  I'm currently in 1764 as the extra hallway looks cool, and 1702 is setup similarly but looks to have a bigger balcony based on what I've seen from the deckplan and in videos but supposedly there may be more noise from CK.  Just looking for confirmation on either of these points if anyone knows.

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC and coming out of long lurk.

@A&L_Ont may have some input.

Thank you!  Haha I didn't realize I had never posted before.  Thought for sure I was involved in a post regarding a Princess cruise back before Covid but I guess not.  Haven't cruised since so looking forward to getting back out on the water!