E-category gone from R-class ships?

AMHuntFerry

I like to poke around the O-site and daydream about future cruises. Today I realized that the category E cabins were not in the price list of one of my favorite itineraries (spouse's commitments keep us from going...for now), so I browsed other itineraries and other R-ships...no E-cabins anywhere I looked. My first thought was that it is Saturday and the website is wonky, but it's not Saturday.  Where did they go?!? (rhetorical question...not expecting an actual answer)

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I like to poke around the O-site and daydream about future cruises. Today I realized that the category E cabins were not in the price list of one of my favorite itineraries (spouse's commitments keep us from going...for now), so I browsed other itineraries and other R-ships...no E-cabins anywhere I looked. My first thought was that it is Saturday and the website is wonky, but it's not Saturday.  Where did they go?!? (rhetorical question...not expecting an actual answer)

Did you click through for a booking?  I just checked, and you're right:  E didn't show up on the first screen with prices – but it did show up on the detailed price list in the booking section.

577363453_ScreenShot2022-03-16at1_33_49AM.thumb.png.988ceee555da32e3411f47115659a200.png

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Did you click through for a booking?  I just checked, and you're right:  E didn't show up on the first screen with prices – but it did show up on the detailed price list in the booking section.

Ah, so it is Saturday 😉

No, I didn't even think to click. I'll chalk it up to O-site weirdity.

1 minute ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Ah, so it is Saturday 😉

Was it before midnight when you checked?  "Beware the Ides of March" 😀

7 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Ah, so it is Saturday 😉

On the Regent forum, Mike who works for Regent in the IT dept actively  reads the R forum posts and replies with fixes/apologies. Posters will provide user perspective and complaints, w Mike quickly responding.

Two thoughts:

I wish O monitored this forum (or monitored more actively).

I can’t believe (well, I can) that Regent would roll out a new website that was worse than the previous. Posters generally complained, “I used to be able to….” and Mike would respond that it will get fixed soon….

I won’t bore you with a list of all the complaints, but they are numerous and significant.

• Like 1

I am sure  Mike would respond to any complaints for O website  he was in charge of both before & have emailed him on some isses I had  but this was  a couple of years ago

9 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

sometimes they use those cabins for the guest entertainers rather than the D cabins on Deck 3

On 3/16/2022 at 11:46 AM, Redtravel said:

E cabins are the worst on the ship. 

I disagree. Our first three cruises ever were in E cabins, our very first booked as a guaranty a few months in advance because ignorant me did not realize how far in advance cruisers booked. When we arrived at the ship we found out we had been placed in 6033, the furthest fore and very little obstruction because the small zodiac hangs from a davit there below window level so no obstruction from lifeboats at all.

Spouse requires light, and we had plenty through the large picture window. Conveniently by the fore elevators and actually easier access to the clothes closest than in the B1 verandas on the “O” ships that spouse now prefers to book for his foodie satisfaction. If you use your cabin very little, preferring the public common areas, such as the lovely library or pool deck, it is a terrific bargain.

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

@CintiPamHow does the B1 veranda satisfy the foodie?  I've never been on an Oceania ship - we have 2 booked this year.  Intrigued to read so many details that cruisers find to chat about.

Deb

Deb, when the first of the two “O” ships debuted in the spring of 2011, we took a June Copenhagen to Stockholm cruise on it. Since then I actually only look at Marina and Riviera itineraries because spouse legaleaglegreen simply will not return to those smaller “R” ships. The food simply is superb on both Marina and Riviera. We both love Red Ginger, enjoy Jacques and Polo Grill with Toscana in last position. (I originally am a Jersey girl and both our children and grandchildren live there now, so I am very particular regarding Italian cuisine.)

Note, however, that spouse also is a political traveler so that by 2016 he would not go to any “Putinland” port so that we booked an Azamara RT Amsterdam with only Norwegian ports because Oceania’s Norwegian cruise included several Russian ports past Norway’s North Cape. I also travelled to China in 2011 with fellow art docents because he will not visit China.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nursinadream said:

@CintiPamHow does the B1 veranda satisfy the foodie?  I've never been on an Oceania ship - we have 2 booked this year.  Intrigued to read so many details that cruisers find to chat about.

Deb

The same as all the other cabins below PH....    no difference in food access and quality..  there are no " exclusive places like other lines class distinctions that they flaunt...    Everyone, outside the cabin is treated the same..... So special "Mystic Knights of the Sea" class.    Low key high quality.  To be honest I now take cruises just to be on the ship and enjoy the incredible variety and abundance the offer.....Frankly, I could care less where they sail....you could just sail for the food and forget ever getting off

• Like 1