The Daily for Thursday 03/17/2022

richwmn

4 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@dfish I cant wait to see the new "do".  

@StLouisCruisers DH had good luck post surgeries with Boost.  The extra calorie Chocolate ones. Even when he began eating again, they were his go to food choice.  (he went from 220 to 178 in 3 months) so the extra calories helped a lot.

I guess besides work today, I will have to do some kind of battle with the pharmacy.  Is there ever a day when every thing goes right from morning til night?  

Ann, I'm guessing that's one of the liquids he drinks, or tries to.  I know when my DMIL was giving up eating the last months of her life they would tempt her with the protein drinks.  She loved vanilla flavor. Buddy really needs to gain some weight because he was skinny to start with.

Good luck with your pharmacy saga.  And no I can't say there's ever been a day when everything goes right from morning til night, but we keep trying!! 

• Like 20

Good morning everyone and Happy St. Patrick’s Day. I can certainly celebrate incredible kid day because we have 3 incredible grown kids and 5 incredible grandsons. One of those grandsons is home on spring break from college and we’re hoping for a visit from him this week. 
Poor Sam has tititus in both ears and now TMJ. I think he’s probably anxious about his upcoming dinger surgery next week.

Praying for the people of Ukraine.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Happy St Patrick's Day to one and all!  For those of us who have had children, aren't they all incredible?  Cheers for Campfire Girls and for companies who care.

Another restless night as DH had his third try at a sleep study last night.  It seems midway through the night he becomes a mouth breather and they don't get enough data to accurately determine if he has sleep apnea or not.  Here's hoping!  As I got up this morning, I was greeted by this gigantic full moon - I know technically it isn't until tomorrow, but it certainly looked full to me.

We received an alert on our phone yesterday about the 7.6 earthquake in Japan and spent several hours worried about our friends and family who might have been impacted.  Thankfully they were all safe - one fellow had the bookcase in his living room collapse, while another couple lost power for a number of hours.  Of course it happened in the middle of the night, so I'm sure there was very little sleep to be had, especially with the aftershocks occurring.  

I like today's wine, the drink looks like fun, but I just don't care for corned beef.  There's something about the spicing that just doesn't do it for me.  For a number of years I've been making what I call Leprechaun Pie, which is just cheeseburger pie, but I toss some chopped parsley on top once it's cooked, and it works for us.  LOL  So it'll be Leprechaun Pie, a green salad and coffee with Bailey's on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

405369501_StPat.thumb.jpg.e5406eeb75afed27e07081db115163e5.jpg

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Ukraine and all those who are lending assistance.  We'll clink our glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, wear your masks when you need to, get your boosters, wash your hands, be well and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 34
  • Haha 1

Good morning, all!

I have turned into a lurker lately and have even missed some days and it’s hard to catch up. I have been experiencing anxiety attacks! I think they are related to the fact my legs have gotten so much weaker, I’m not sure how much longer I will be able to transfer to a chair, get into bed by myself or rise from the toilet. Very scary, but usually I’m pretty much a look at the problem, figure a solution, deal with it kind of person. To have these panic attacks is just not my usual style. I am trying some meds, but sometimes my reactions to meds are worse than the problem! Well, distracting myself seems helpful, so lurking here is part of my therapy. 🙂. I love reading about everyone’s cruises, but I really don’t think cruises are in my future. 😢.

So enough with the pity party today and on to fun days, perfect quote, great food, drink and wine and hopefully beautiful pictures of a destination I’ve missed. I am gong to missing my corned beef/cabbage this year. My church usually has a St Pat’s Day dinner, but they have not gone back to community inside dining. I wish they had done a curbside carry out (that is how we are handling Friday Fish Frys), but no such luck. Not sure if any of our local restaurants have good corned beef and as DH doesn’t like it anyway, I will content myself with salivating over the pictures @dfishshared. BTW, someone told me that church fish frys during Lent are not a thing in other places. Is that true? There are so many here in St Louis that the newspaper publishes a map of where to find them, and they get reviewed like restaurants! 

My prayer list is long and fervent! I pray for health and safety and comfort for all. Ukraine is a nightmare, may their people be safe. 🙏  Thank heavens for the celebrations to remind us of happiness and fun times. 🍷

Take care, everyone!

St Louis Sal

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

@St. Louis Sal  Not being Catholic, I had never seen a Friday Night Fish Fry around here, but I noticed a sign yesterday at DH's old Church while we were driving back from the doctor.  I didn't ask him if he wanted to go, one reason, he is having surgery tomorrow and  my reason ? I don't want to run into his ex wife again. (before DH and I married, she would stop by my place of business and she really was the worst customer)  I am sorry that you are suffering from anxiety.  What helps me is music.  

Well, If i am ever going to get anything done this morning, I need to get out of this chair.

• Like 24

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I think it's likely fortunate that @aliaschief did not drive to the port as Quest is in a terminal far from the starting point.  It's a hazard of small ship travel from Miami as they left from the terminal of choice from Miami, on the south side of the island and returned to the north side of the island as another ship (I think Radisson) was in their departure slot.

image.png.15a1f6e9b225e478a84239e54c0a6116.png

Roy

Disembarked at 8:00 AM. Picked up bags, cleared customs, pre arranged driver picked us up and we were checking in at Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale at 9:00 AM. Pretty easy!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@St. Louis Sal  Not being Catholic, I had never seen a Friday Night Fish Fry around here, but I noticed a sign yesterday at DH's old Church while we were driving back from the doctor.  I didn't ask him if he wanted to go, one reason, he is having surgery tomorrow and  my reason ? I don't want to run into his ex wife again. (before DH and I married, she would stop by my place of business and she really was the worst customer)  I am sorry that you are suffering from anxiety.  What helps me is music.  

Well, If i am ever going to get anything done this morning, I need to get out of this chair.

I’m not Catholic either, although my church is named St. Luke’s. It is true that most of our Fish Frys are at Catholic Churches, but not all. There are also ones at a couple of American Legion halls and the Elks too. One of the most popular locations is St Cecilia’s which has a large Hispanic presence. Besides fish, their signature dish is Chile Rellenos. They have strolling musicians and you can order a margarita while you are waiting in line to order! No margaritas at my church, we are Methodists, although more than one person has said we’d be more popular if we served liquor! 

St Louis Sal

• Like 16
  • Haha 11

Mine will be a very low key Saint Patrick's Day celebration. I will have corned beef and cabbage. I would prefer Colcannon.... but way too many carbs. It is going to be a nice day here. A bit cooler than yesterday which actually got into the low 60's. I will take it. And the roof work at the shelter continues. The installer has come out to verify our measurements for the kennels and the floor and ceiling tiles are on order. We are making progress. Today I am gong to be sorting some stuff in a cabinet that is to be destroyed. I really need to do that in my condo.

Off to run in circles.

Susan

• Like 24

Good morning all and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

DH is half Irish and comes from Savannah, where St. Patrick's Day is a BIG deal.  I have no Irish blood at all. 😞  

I was in Blue Birds but never Camp Fire Girls.  

I'll pass on the cabbage, but would love the Guinness Stew.  Today DH is having a tooth pulled though, so I won't be cooking a big meal tonight. 🙂  Interesting that @StLouisCruisersmentioned implants and her DH.  My DH and I have been discussing this too.  I had a molar pulled years ago and have never been sorry I don't have an implant -- so we've decided to give it time and see what he wants to do.  He can always get it later.  I'm interested to hear what you and your DH decide for him.

@St. Louis SalI was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you're doing -- and then your post popped up!  Welcome back, you've been missed.  I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety attacks though.  I hope you can find the right meds for you -- prayers! 

• Like 26

Good morning  everyone and happy  St Patricks day  to  you  all. As I am Irish born  and  bred

I  of will celebrate this day as it is  the day I married my DW 60yrs ago today. Going out  for  a

meal and some  Wine  and a  pint of  the  black stuff  or  2.

I hope  you  all  have  the  luck  of  the  Irish.

• Like 31

Good morning  everyone and happy  St Patricks day  to  you  all. As I am Irish born  and  bred

I  of will celebrate this day as it is  the day I married my DW 60yrs ago today. Going out  for  a

• Like 5

• Like 3

• Like 2

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, irishjim said:

SORRY  MY  SUMIT  BUTTON WENT  CRAZY.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

Good afternoon.

It is 50°F and sunny but windy here.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for today's lists.

Interesting days.

Great quote.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.

Hopefully everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 22

Haven't read today's posts. Currently in ER. My DH fell late Sunday night, hit head, was sent to ER Sunday into Monday to check for stroke and/or brain bleed from fall. All negative. He had a good day Tuesday and a great day yesterday but we were still watching for symptoms. This morning he was very confused, couldn't walk, and throwing up so PCP sent us back for further tests. We've been here since 8:30am. There's now a break in the action while we await results.

Please say a little prayer.

Many thanks,

-Melisa

• Like 13
  • Thanks 22

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 50°F and sunny but windy here.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for today's lists.

Interesting days.

Great quote.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who needs them.

Hopefully everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Looks like anytime now you be entering the Bay of Biscay.  Wishing you a peaceful evening and night.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! No wonder @irishjim’s post repeated so many times - this is the day the CC gremlins are replaced with a leprechaun. It was simply looking for more Irish content!

We are planning lamb, cabbage, and colcannon (which autocorrect wanted to call volcano) for supper tonight. We don’t have any corned beef, but we do have Montreal smoked meat, which is a close substitute. That will make a nice lunch.

Its another wet day in the Canadian Pacific Southwest, without promise of the sunny break that slipped in at some point in the last few days. A rain walk it is, and then cleaning up some paperwork long overdue for sorting.

Thinking, as always, of those needing extra strength right now for themselves or family members. And thinking of the Ukraine fighting for life as the world looks on in horror but does little aside from seizing yachts and closing coffee franchises. Enough of that topic.

Happy Thursday, and I’ll pass the rainy day planning an adventure aboard a BHB!

993136BE-FE2F-45BD-8D1C-7190BBA926E5.jpeg

• Like 28

5 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Haven't read today's posts. Currently in ER. My DH fell late Sunday night, hit head, was sent to ER Sunday into Monday to check for stroke and/or brain bleed from fall. All negative. He had a good day Tuesday and a great day yesterday but we were still watching for symptoms. This morning he was very confused, couldn't walk, and throwing up so PCP sent us back for further tests. We've been here since 8:30am. There's now a break in the action while we await results.

Please say a little prayer.

Many thanks,

-Melisa

Sorry to hear this.  Prayers coming your way.

Roy

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Looks like anytime now you be entering the Bay of Biscay.  Wishing you a peaceful evening and night.

Roy

Thank you.

The sea has been rough since we left Lisbon especially last night.

Sitting sunbathing on our balcony overlooking the wake of the ship.

16475356322799180603237392693870.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and happy st Patricks day!  Must be my day, we’re having corned beef and cabbage and I’ve been to Himeji and stayed there, although it’s not a port.  It’s known for its beautiful castle.   A photo of a  wonderful Japanese breakfast and dinner and the bullet train we used to get there.  It’s not far from Osaka or Kyoto.   

53CFC8DB-ECFB-4D85-B30C-58D9E4FC79CE.jpeg

90B8C7AE-4AD9-4959-B6B4-9C247D80546B.jpeg

EC2E1B38-2829-4889-92FE-1B917851C224.jpeg

1B3E8ACF-4395-47A2-8C31-E6C7B95E9746.jpeg

00F842FA-A413-4695-9E58-EF92B357637B.jpeg

43A88034-F21F-4846-934A-2D6FD481E1B0.jpeg

1D9867C5-B13B-42DE-94E3-C97B78AA90B3.jpeg

E7C8E1B6-EC19-45A0-8327-89476264D0AC.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6