Platinum/Elite Wifi discount now being applied at purchase

Mud_Shark

Downloaded the latest Medallion app update and just bought the wifi package for our cruise in November.  Upfront price has now already factored in the 50% discount so no need for getting the 50% back when you board as OBC (refundable or not?).  This is good.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Downloaded the latest Medallion app update and just bought the wifi package for our cruise in November.  Upfront price has now already factored in the 50% discount so no need for getting the 50% back when you board as OBC (refundable or not?).  This is good.  

Thank you!! I looked at our 4.16 TA just now, found  the discount and booked it!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Good to know! I already booked it for our April sailing. I wonder if this is going to make it harder to get the 50% back as OBC when we get on board.

I did also. I think we can cancel it and maybe rebook it?

I went to Personalizer and see this:

Cancellation Policy: You may cancel 72 hours before your cruise for full refund.

I am going to try to cancel and rebook it.

------

Update. I did cancel it. I then went into the app (did not need to re-download it) and the new price appears (50% off).

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm not seeing the discount in the Android version. Is everyone seeing it on an iPhone?

I have android, did not update app and it shows up in mine as discounted price.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Mine doesn't show up so I will have to buy through PVP again

Did you check to see if it needs updated first? or try uninstalling ti restart phone and reinstall it, that may correct it also.

I'm on Android phone and latest MC App release is 3.0.99687.  It auto-updated at some point.  I see the discounted net cost for MedallionNet.  On all booked voyages.  Not paying for it this far ahead.  Certainly glad to see they have it implemented as promised.

Now, if they could just get DMW improved, I'd be happy camper with MC App.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Of course. Did that before posting. It shows updated as of 2-Feb-2022. 

Wasn't trying to insult, just something I usually don't try it myself all the time. Was just trying to be helpful. 

2 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Wasn't trying to insult, just something I usually don't try it myself all the time. Was just trying to be helpful. 

Not insulted.  Just frustrated with the app. Actually was hoping there was a more recent update then 3.0.99687

@Techwizardressyes you can get it 50% off onboard BUT pre-boarding it's 50% off $9.95 day, onboard it's 50% off $14.95. So $2.50 per day more

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’ve sailed with Princess Plus on 3 cruises but we’ve used our OBC to purchase the 4 device plan (we travel with a lot of tech). On our 7 night cruises it was $70 to upgrade and then we got the 50% discount so we paid $35. When I look in the app now if we do the 4 device plan now it will also be $35. So it looks like the price is the same if you buy it now or wait until onboard if you have PP. I prefer to wait so we can use some OBC.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Is MC App recognizing your correct CC Member Level?

Found out it wasn't after 1/2 hr on hold. She tried to transfer me to the 'loyalty office' but was disconnected and my new PVP doesn't answer emails. Might just pay onboard (only 7 day cruise & a lot of OBC). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

We’ve sailed with Princess Plus on 3 cruises but we’ve used our OBC to purchase the 4 device plan (we travel with a lot of tech). On our 7 night cruises it was $70 to upgrade and then we got the 50% discount so we paid $35. When I look in the app now if we do the 4 device plan now it will also be $35. So it looks like the price is the same if you buy it now or wait until onboard if you have PP. I prefer to wait so we can use some OBC.

Are you onboard??

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Are you onboard??

No. I sailed September on Majestic and 2 cruises on Sky in November and December. Next cruise is April on the Majestic.

Edited by KLM3164

1 minute ago, KLM3164 said:

No. I sailed September on Majestic and 2 cruises on Sky in November and December. 

Well I was hoping, I didn't check in August or December and someone said they got it same price on the 1st day. But I've got a LOT of OBC so I might just pay the up charge and use OBC