Oh no......did PCR test

LadyBerard

Cruising on the Rotterdam this Sunday.  Made a reservation at Walgreens for today and had clicked rapid antigen test.  However, I did not notice that when the location for the pharmacy came up, it said PCR test.  I went for my test today and asked when I could expect to receive my results.  When  they said within two days, I nearly sh**!.  Fortunately, we have a 6 pk of proctored home tests which I had bought just in case our tests at the pharmacy were canceled.  I'm sitting here having damn near a panic attack......heart is racing, and I'm all flush.  I'll be soooo happy when all these protocols are over and done with!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, macaroni said:

I bet you get the results in 24 hours…relax….

I agree. There is so much less testing going on. The county here is closing testing sites. Hopeful one is left open for my cruise at end of April. But just ordered proctored tests just in case. These days you have to have all bases covered.

• Like 1

Here in Fort Lauderdale just had our negative Covid test for this cruise at Lab Doctor. Twenty minutes. Also have read there is test facility around baggage  pick up area at airport.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Cruising on the Rotterdam this Sunday.  Made a reservation at Walgreens for today and had clicked rapid antigen test.  However, I did not notice that when the location for the pharmacy came up, it said PCR test.  I went for my test today and asked when I could expect to receive my results.  When  they said within two days, I nearly sh**!.  Fortunately, we have a 6 pk of proctored home tests which I had bought just in case our tests at the pharmacy were canceled.  I'm sitting here having damn near a panic attack......heart is racing, and I'm all flush.  I'll be soooo happy when all these protocols are over and done with!

I did the proctored test this morning for Sunday on the K from my San Diego hotel room. Pretty easy -- I was nervous! I used my iPhone. I had 3 tests in my bag and got it right on the first try! Happy travels. 

• Like 3

I had the same thing happen at Walgreen's.  Fortunately, they flagged it priority and I got the result the next day.  It's nerve wracking.  I will be very happy when this testing stuff goes away.

• Like 3

Update:  Was able to get us testing at a CVS not far from our  home for rapid antigen test.  Got the results within 1/2 hr.  Printed them out and saved the results to my gallery on my phone.  All is right with the world!  Phew!

There is a bloody mary or two waiting for us on our flights tomorrow!!!  Can't wait until we finally land in beautiful FLL!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ImGoingFirst said:

I did the proctored test this morning for Sunday on the K from my San Diego hotel room. Pretty easy -- I was nervous! I used my iPhone. I had 3 tests in my bag and got it right on the first try! Happy travels. 

How was it using your iphone?  We dont want to take a computer just to take the monitored testing.  I am guessing internet service needs to be topnotch.  Was it ok using your iphone or a pain in the butt?  We ARE going to purchase tests to take with us JUST IN CASE.  We fly out of San Diego to Boston and timing will be close.

3 hours ago, VacationCharlene said:

How was it using your iphone?  We dont want to take a computer just to take the monitored testing.  I am guessing internet service needs to be topnotch.  Was it ok using your iphone or a pain in the butt?  We ARE going to purchase tests to take with us JUST IN CASE.  We fly out of San Diego to Boston and timing will be close.

I'm at a Hilton and their wifi is usually pretty stable. Plus, my ATT signal is stronger here than at my house in PHX. 🙂.  I have my laptop and just did it on my phone. 

Three minor things -- 1) I had to turn on my microphone for Chrome and I had to Google why eMed was giving me an error around that during the audio/video testing at the beginning. It's a simple button under Privacy settings on your phone. 2) You need to position your phone so your face  and the boxed test are in the same frame. I propped my phone up on the desk light. 3) You have to show your ID, the QR code and the final test results to the "back facing camera."  This confused me because the phone is facing you so you can see the screen but you have to show the items to the camera on the back. It sort of feels like they should not let you touch your phone to do that but I'm not the testing proctor police! 

I've very much over-explained this! It's not that complicated. Give yourself some time, read the instructions and watch their little tutorial. I'd definitely use my phone again. 

Safe travels. We had forgotten how much we love San Diego. I had not been to the Pt. Loma tide pools since I was a kid. Love them. 

• Thanks 1

HI all, may I hijack this thread? Newbies to HAL. Flying out from London next friday to join Koningsdam in San Diego. Am I right in thinking an officially administered lateral flow antigen test will do us for boarding ?And I think the same test will allow us entry into US.. we are both triple vaxxed- 2 doses plus booster..

13 hours ago, QM2 fan said:

HI all, may I hijack this thread? Newbies to HAL. Flying out from London next friday to join Koningsdam in San Diego. Am I right in thinking an officially administered lateral flow antigen test will do us for boarding ?And I think the same test will allow us entry into US.. we are both triple vaxxed- 2 doses plus booster..

Antigen is fine

On 3/18/2022 at 4:03 PM, VacationCharlene said:

We've done 6 of the proctored Abbott At Home tests using an iPhone with no issues at all.  I do use a small tripod to make positioning the camera easier.

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:49 PM, Mary229 said:

Write your elected officials.  It is easy, just go to their website and leave a message

Your elected officials have no control over what foreign governments or ports require. It is not just the US that require testing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

Your elected officials have no control over what foreign governments or ports require. It is not just the US that require testing.

This is a US rule.  Everyday more and more countries have dropped the testing requirements.  The US is one of the lone western countries to not announce changes 

47 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

This is a US rule.  Everyday more and more countries have dropped the testing requirements.  The US is one of the lone western countries to not announce changes 

Really? What other country can you sail from without one?

Well the one Points Guy article I saw said every line requires a pre-cruise test. I checked Barbados and Amsterdam, they require them. They are also just guidelines in the US, not a rule, but if the cruise lines suddenly drop their testing requirements, the ports may not let them in, as these are variables that are negotiated on a country by country basis with the cruise lines. Pre-cruise testing will end at some point, but not until the ports of call are amenable to ending pre-cruise testing. Once again, contacting your  elected officials because cruise lines follow voluntary CDC guidelines will have no effect on the cruise line policies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Really? What other country can you sail from without one?

For our May cruise, we will visit both/only the Netherlands and Norway. At that time neither of those countries will require testing for vaccinated travelers to enter their countries. (of course that can change between now and then). So any testing requirement would be the cruise line's.

45 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Yea!  I see the Netherlands dropped it starting today. I will be there in august (Amsterdam and Norway)

Hi - which site can I check this? We are sailing Amsterdam to Norway in June. Thanks.