Edge - Terminal 25 - questions about Uber pickup after cruise

MarKay525

Posted this in FL Departures Forum - lots of reads but no responses. Cross posting to see if anyone can help. Thanks - Kay

First time Uber user:

where is the Uber pick-up point at Port Everglades - Terminal 25?

is Uber Black available in Ft. Lauderdale - I don't see it as a choice on the Uber app?

what is the difference between Uber Premier and Uber Premium?

can just 2 people request an Uber Premier SUV?

We usually book a town car/livery service, but thought we would try Uber from the port to a Hollywood area hotel.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by MarKay525

• MarKay525 changed the title to Edge - Terminal 25 - questions about Uber pickup after cruise

In November it was located just outside the door and to the left along the curb..    There are plenty of signs so no trouble finding.  

Response time was pretty quick but about a 5-10 minute wait for our driver to arrive.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Hi!   Yes.  As others mentioned, you turn left when you exit terminal 25 for the Uber area. 

We booked and paid for Celebrity transfers in October but when we saw the large coach buses and the long lines of people, we said No.  We were trying to get SUV cab service (since they were right by the buses and like to support local companies) but they weren't being very cooperative so we ordered an Uber XL.   By the time we walked back over to the Uber area it was about a 2 minute wait and the driver pulled up.  It was a black Suburban and the driver was friendly and knew where to take us at the airport.  I only mention that because from previous experiences,  we have had to help guide some drivers where to take us.  😉

We do Uber XL's as they are SUV's.  

🍹

This is how close it is from when you exit Terminal 25:

20211017_085320.thumb.jpg.46a4ec1c6e60a33ce741e749870ebcd0.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

Yes, the Uber pickup at T25 was very obvious. I can't answer the rest of your questions. 

Just FYI, though, you might not get that much of a better price for Uber. With ships in town, Uber prices go up (because that's how Uber works), and you also might have a 10 minute wait or more. Taxis also are right there. 

I like Uber and Lyft, but they aren't always the better choice. 

It wouldn't let me edit.

Here's the back of our Uber XL leaving the hotel to go to the port.   I had lined up private transportation, who I always use in Fort Lauderdale and Miami but there was a last minute issue and he didn't show up so after calling him, we ordered the Uber XL. 

20211008_112851.thumb.jpg.50e373f773b740aa3ef9e6315934011a.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl

We always use Uber to go to hotel to Ship and ship to airport.  The cars are clean and well maintained, which is not always the case with taxi’s.  You can order any size Uber you want, but if you have 2 medium or large suitcases and 2 roll aboard and backpacks the cheapest Uber may be a tight fit for the luggage.

I prefer Uber or Lyft since no money changes hands no worries about having the right bills and you can tip after the trip is over. 

We have used Uber for both directions multiple times in Ft Lauderdale ... getting to the cruise, and getting back to the Airport, it is very convenient and easy, as others have said the pickup spot is well marked, and right outside the terminal.  Lots of folks use the service, so you will know the area, the most difficult part is watching for your specific driver, because so many cars will be there (both Uber and Lyft).

11 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Posted this in FL Departures Forum - lots of reads but no responses. Cross posting to see if anyone can help. Thanks - Kay

First time Uber user:

where is the Uber pick-up point at Port Everglades - Terminal 25?

is Uber Black available in Ft. Lauderdale - I don't see it as a choice on the Uber app?

what is the difference between Uber Premier and Uber Premium?

can just 2 people request an Uber Premier SUV?

We usually book a town car/livery service, but thought we would try Uber from the port to a Hollywood area hotel.

Thanks in advance.

You can request whatever vehicle you want. There is no Uber Black in Fort Lauderdale. This link shows the vehicle options. Premier/Premier SUV is higher rated drivers with nicer and newer vehicles. 

https://www.uber.com/global/en/airports/fll/

I know this question was about terminal 25 but I just wanted to add that terminal 29 is also super easy, it’s literally right in front of your face when you walk out the door after customs. 

Tip: order your Uber or Lyft when you get towards the front of the customs line. Ours pulled up as soon as we walked out the door. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You can request whatever vehicle you want. There is no Uber Black in Fort Lauderdale. This link shows the vehicle options. Premier/Premier SUV is higher rated drivers with nicer and newer vehicles. 

https://www.uber.com/global/en/airports/fll/

Thanks Jeremiah1212. These are the car descriptions from that site. If we order an UberXL and are just 2 people, could we be sharing it with others, or is it just for us? I know there is a "share the vehicle" aspect to Uber. We do not want to share with anyone else. Thx.

UberX - Affordable rides, all to yourself

UberXL - Affordable rides for groups up to 5

7 minutes ago, MarKay525 said:

Thanks Jeremiah1212. These are the car descriptions from that site. If we order an UberXL and are just 2 people, could we be sharing it with others, or is it just for us? I know there is a "share the vehicle" aspect to Uber. We do not want to share with anyone else. Thx.

UberX - Affordable rides, all to yourself

UberXL - Affordable rides for groups up to 5

You would have your own vehicle. To share vehicle you would have to choose Uber Share but but from the link I posted, the Uber Share isn’t an option in FLL. 

FWIW we have used CATA Car Service lately. Significantly more expensive but they have an app that functions like Uber and it’s proper black car service. I’ve lost my patience with Uber. 

45 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

FWIW we have used CATA Car Service lately. Significantly more expensive but they have an app that functions like Uber and it’s proper black car service. I’ve lost my patience with Uber. 

Thank you. We've used A1A Limo in the past and planned to use them for the other legs of our trip (flying in/out of MIA), but thought Uber might work for the short trip to our post-cruise hotel.

I'll check out CATA Car Service.  If they have an app that allows "on demand" pick-up service, that would be great as we are unsure of what time to tell a pre-scheduled service to pick us up at the terminal, hence the inquiries about Uber. We're in a suite and plan to stay on the Edge as long as possible!

1 hour ago, SparklyPinkCruiser said:

Since you all seem to know your stuff....  does anyone know what is the best way to get from Terminal 25 to Terminal 18 between cruise ships?? Do we Uber or can we walk?

Uber or taxi. It’s a very long walk. 

80DBF973-0846-45CC-B79C-0051586D6C6C.thumb.gif.207864743c1932daa8bdebca76cb8119.gif

• 2 years later...

I just returned from a cruise vacation with Celebrity Ascent. Every thing was really nice until the last minutes, when I call Uber to give me a ride from Port Everglade (Florida) Terminal 25 to a nearby Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Somehow, I cannot  be able to get into Uber in order to select the ride. I have been using Uber App for about 20-30 times during the last few years, but I never had that problem. A friend of mine in the vacation group suggested me to stop the connection, then reconnect it. I did that several times, still cannot get in for more than 10 minutes each time. Until a friend helped me by using his phone to order a Uber for me. The ride was charged to his account; then I reimbursed him. But when I got to the nearby Enterprise office, and tried my phone again. No problem. I can connect to Uber immediately from there. So, I believe the problem happened at Terminal 25 was not due to my phone, but may be due to the cellular service provider. Mine is Verizon, my friend’s provider is T-Mobile. Anyone in this Forum had the same problem as mine? If so, who are your provider? Thank you very much for sharing your experiences, and I am very appreciated any advice you would offer. 

13 hours ago, crcrtdho said:

I just returned from a cruise vacation with Celebrity Ascent. Every thing was really nice until the last minutes, when I call Uber to give me a ride from Port Everglade (Florida) Terminal 25 to a nearby Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Somehow, I cannot  be able to get into Uber in order to select the ride. I have been using Uber App for about 20-30 times during the last few years, but I never had that problem. A friend of mine in the vacation group suggested me to stop the connection, then reconnect it. I did that several times, still cannot get in for more than 10 minutes each time. Until a friend helped me by using his phone to order a Uber for me. The ride was charged to his account; then I reimbursed him. But when I got to the nearby Enterprise office, and tried my phone again. No problem. I can connect to Uber immediately from there. So, I believe the problem happened at Terminal 25 was not due to my phone, but may be due to the cellular service provider. Mine is Verizon, my friend’s provider is T-Mobile. Anyone in this Forum had the same problem as mine? If so, who are your provider? Thank you very much for sharing your experiences, and I am very appreciated any advice you would offer. 

We have used Lyft from terminal 25 a number of times and every time, it’s a challenge to connect. Impossible inside the building. This last time, I walked almost into the street right near the pickup area and it worked fine. Near the building, not so much. We have Xfinity Mobile, which uses the Verizon system I believe. 

We were also going to Enterprise 😂.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We have used Lyft from terminal 25 a number of times and every time, it’s a challenge to connect. Impossible inside the building. This last time, I walked almost into the street right near the pickup area and it worked fine. Near the building, not so much. We have Xfinity Mobile, which uses the Verizon system I believe. 

We were also going to Enterprise 😂.

mac_tlc

Thank you for your share. It is a good lesson learned.