Another Drink Price Question

hrt4girls

We are sailing on Equinox at the end of March. I am trying to decide if I should upgrade to the Premium drink package from the Classic. I can’t seem to find a price list for drinks. I know I will pay the difference of more expensive drinks. I like a martini or two each evening from the martini bar and I know those are more than $9. I also like mango daiquiris and margaritas at the pool. Not sure how much either of those are. I am trying to decide if the $12 a day is a better deal than paying the difference. If anyone could share a price list I would appreciate it. 

10 minutes ago, hrt4girls said:

We are sailing on Equinox at the end of March. I am trying to decide if I should upgrade to the Premium drink package from the Classic. I can’t seem to find a price list for drinks. I know I will pay the difference of more expensive drinks. I like a martini or two each evening from the martini bar and I know those are more than $9. I also like mango daiquiris and margaritas at the pool. Not sure how much either of those are. I am trying to decide if the $12 a day is a better deal than paying the difference. If anyone could share a price list I would appreciate it. 

I don't know the mango daiquiri or margarita pricing (it probably depends on whether you call for better tequila if you're not talking about frozen margaritas), but the martini bar was $15.50 last time I was on board (last August).

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, hrt4girls said:

This looks incredibly helpful...

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/press-kit/10/celebrity-edge-menus/

You could do the margaritas and mango daiquiris on the classic.     But 2 martinis will cost will cost you about the same as the price to upgrade.  Then you clod get top shelf margaritas, a wider selection of the wines, sparkling water and my downfall Baileys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You could do the margaritas and mango daiquiris on the classic.     But 2 martinis will cost will cost you about the same as the price to upgrade.  Then you clod get top shelf margaritas, a wider selection of the wines, sparkling water and my downfall Baileys.

Thanks for the insight. I think I am going to upgrade but my husband is going to stay on the classic. That way I can enjoy whatever drinks I want and not worry about the extra charge

13 minutes ago, awhfy said:

2 martinis at $15 each it would make sense to me to upgrade to premium 

Keep in mind, you would not be paying $15.00 for them.  You would be paying the difference between the highest drink price permitted on your current drink package, which I believe is $9.00 and $15.00 plus a 20% gratuity ($15-$9 = $6 * 1.20 = $7.20).  So your price for two martini's would be $14.40.  So if you are a fan of martini's, it makes sense to upgrade from the Classic to Premium package. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hrt4girls said:

Thanks for the insight. I think I am going to upgrade but my husband is going to stay on the classic. That way I can enjoy whatever drinks I want and not worry about the extra charge

I always upgrade just so I don’t have to sign slips..among other reasons.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, awhfy said:

2 martinis at $15 each it would make sense to me to upgrade to premium 

On our November 12 night standard martini bar upcharge was $2.40, for classic package holders.  Classic covered $13.50 I think, and most menu-listed drinks were $15.50.

Wines in dining room often exceed classic pricing, so another couple bucks x glasses every night.

I just upgraded our upcoming trip, mainly to be receipt-free, and ability to order most anything that comes to mind.

Edited by fliprcruiser

We were on the Equinox last August with the premium drinks and found the wines by the glass to be far superior between $9 and $15 so for us it is a definite worthy upgrade. Other than the martini bar, I do not remember very many of our drinks being over $9.

Actually the nine dollar price point is a bit of a misunderstanding. That refers to alcoholic drinks. But things like vitamin water, which is only $4.50 as I recall, it’s only available on the premium package I think there was a bottled iced tea in that same category, the price was right but it was not on the basic package, only on the premium

Edited by cruisestitch

I was going to bring up what cruisestitch just said, and I'll add that the smoothies in the Spa Café are included in the Premium but not the Classic package.

The bottom line is that you'll likely reap great benefits from upgrading.  The very worst thing that can happen is that it's a small mistake.

We stuck to the classic beverage package and everything we wanted was included.  The waiter asked which package we had and got us wine within our package.  We had frozen daiquiris, chocolate martini, coffees and teas at no additional charge.  Of course, it all depends on what you like and how much you drink if it is worthwhile to upgrade.