Pool Chairs

Heimey

Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions I can’t seem to find the answers to.

For those that have been on the Edge or Apex of late. How difficult is it to get the lounge chairs located within the pool area. The ones sitting in the water around pool. Or maybe the better question is how early do I have to get up to get one.

Secondly. Does anyone know how many people have been on the Edge or Apex the last couple of weeks and any guess what we will be expecting in the next few. 

Thanks

Heimey

We were on the Edge pre pandemic ship full and thought there were more loungers in the pool area than on the others ships.  I never get to the pool before 11 and had no problem, If you want to seat right next to the pool that may be more difficult.  

Just got back from Apex,  there were the 7am pool folks as always, but with a little wondering around I was able to find a lounger or two on the main pool deck or the area that is a few steps below the pool deck.  As for in the water, that can be more difficult because there are only 15-20 chairs,  I did manage to snag one once. 

2 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

Just got back from Apex,  there were the 7am pool folks as always, but with a little wondering around I was able to find a lounger or two on the main pool deck or the area that is a few steps below the pool deck.  As for in the water, that can be more difficult because there are only 15-20 chairs,  I did manage to snag one once. 

The 7am people make me laugh

• Like 1

We had 2000 on the Apex a week ago.  On a sunny day most of the lounge chairs near the pool were taken but we usually found a place to sit.  There are lots of lounge chairs close by not directly by the pool, too.  

On our January Apex cruise, there were no issues with chairs.  The in-pool chairs are not that comfortable to sit in all day.  However, they were perfect for getting in the water.  There were some folks who monopolized them throughout the day which was unfortunate.  I sat in one for about 30 minutes and that was enough for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longboysfan said:

Reminder - Celebrity says - "IT's just a chair - Share."

And Don't be a chair hog.

I wish someone could tell me where it says that a folded cruise line towel on a chair “ reserves” it for any period of time!!  Not is any cruise rules or documents I’ve seen.
If we all could break free from this commonly accepted concept, then chairs would only be unavailable when someone was actually USING it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

I wish someone could tell me where it says that a folded cruise line towel on a chair “ reserves” it for any period of time!!  Not is any cruise rules or documents I’ve seen.
If we all could break free from this commonly accepted concept, then chairs would only be unavailable when someone was actually USING it.

You're correct, a pool towel does not reserve a pool chair.  That's why you go to the library and get a book.  A book mark's the spot as yours.

• Haha 5

Sorry but I'm one of those "7 A.M." people. I like my pool time and I like being near the pool. It  doesn't strike my as hoggish to wake up early and get a lounge that suits my needs and claim it as mine for the day. Yes, I disappear for trivia or a poker tournament for an hour and I don't see any reason to abandon my lounge because I'm gone for a short while. I don't begrudge anyone who eats in Luminae or uses the Retreat because they're suite members so I don't see why anyone should think I should give up my prime real estate by the pool because I had the temerity to have lunch or play a game of trivia. Lounge hogs? I don't think so. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/21/2022 at 2:48 PM, LGW59 said:

The 7am people make me laugh

I can’t ‘laugh’ at 7am people because I have no idea who they are because I’ve never been out of my SR at that time to meet one!! 

And why would I care what time someone else gets up, why they do and what the do???

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Sorry but I'm one of those "7 A.M." people. I like my pool time and I like being near the pool. It  doesn't strike my as hoggish to wake up early and get a lounge that suits my needs and claim it as mine for the day. Yes, I disappear for trivia or a poker tournament for an hour and I don't see any reason to abandon my lounge because I'm gone for a short while. I don't begrudge anyone who eats in Luminae or uses the Retreat because they're suite members so I don't see why anyone should think I should give up my prime real estate by the pool because I had the temerity to have lunch or play a game of trivia. Lounge hogs? I don't think so. 

If you're gone for an hour a couple of times a day, you might be a chair hog. 🐖 Sorry, It's not your real estate.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

hoggish to wake up early and get a lounge that suits my needs and claim it as mine for the day  "Claim it as mine for the day" while you take several multi hour "breaks", if this was not so pompous I'd be laughing.  I'm one of those people that moves your stuff from your hogged self claimed chair, always tell the attendant I am doing so.   Perhaps I will see you on-board one day while I lounge in YOUR lounger.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Not at all sure how your suite analogy applies here.  

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

hoggish to wake up early and get a lounge that suits my needs and claim it as mine for the day  "Claim it as mine for the day" while you take several multi hour "breaks", if this was not so pompous I'd be laughing.  I'm one of those people that moves your stuff from your hogged self claimed chair, always tell the attendant I am doing so.   Perhaps I will see you on-board one day while I lounge in YOUR lounger.

That would make for a response worthy of a Carnival cruise. See you on board. I'll be the one wearing a Mets cap and singing along to a John Prine song on my headphones.

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

I feel the same way. Suite passengers pay considerably more than I do for the ammenities to which they are entitled. 

A pool chair is supposed to be equally available to all passengers. Hogging it for the day while abandoning it multiple times for over an hour is not at all the same.

I have no problem with a chair user taking a few minute restroom break or grabbing a snack or drink to be consumed in the chair. I don't think most people would. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I feel the same way. Suite passengers pay considerably more than I do for the ammenities to which they are entitled. 

A pool chair is supposed to be equally available to all passengers. Hogging it for the day while abandoning it multiple times for over an hour is not at all the same.

I have no problem with a chair user taking a few minute restroom break or grabbing a snack or drink to be consumed in the chair. I don't think most people would. 

I think there are chair hogs amongst suite passengers in The Retreat too.  It is a universal trend.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I think he/she are suggesting that the real estate reserved for the Retreat Lounge and Luminae  should be available to everyone.  I don't think he/she doesn't like being excluded from restricted areas in the ship within a ship concept.    This gives he/she the right to claim exclusive real estate and exclude the rest of the passengers.  

5 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Hummmm  I really like the Martini Bar.  Maybe I should show up about 3, grab a seat at the bar that suits my needs, leave a sweater on it and a drink on the bar.  Then head up to shower for dinner, reclaim "my" seat for a predinner drinks or 2, then go to dinner and return for a drink before heading to the show, leaving my sweater & drink  - and claiming the seat as mine for the evening.  LOL 

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 16
  • Haha 1