Pool Chairs

Heimey

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Hummmm  I really like the Martini Bar.  Maybe I should show up about 3, grab a seat at the bar that suits my needs, leave a sweater on it and a drink on the bar.  Then head up to shower for dinner, reclaim "my" seat for a predinner drinks or 2, then go to dinner and return for a drink before heading to the show, leaving my sweater & drink  - and claiming the seat as mine for the evening.  LOL 

If you get there and claim it with your sweater, that makes it your real estate.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

That would make for a response worthy of a Carnival cruise. See you on board. I'll be the one wearing a Mets cap and singing along to a John Prine song on my headphones.

OMG no, not a Mets cap, shiver me timbers.  I'll be singing along to America's Queen Dolly, look forward to seeing you.

Edited by LGW59

7 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Yes, I disappear for trivia or a poker tournament for an hour and I don't see any reason to abandon my lounge because I'm gone for a short while. I don't begrudge anyone who eats in Luminae or uses the Retreat because they're suite members so I don't see why anyone should think I should give up my Lounge hogs? I don't think so. 

First of all, people in Luminae pay for the privilege. It's not comparable. I'm just curious why you think you have the right to a chair in which you're not sitting for 30-60 minutes when it's a public space and singing else might only want the pleasure of staying in it for 30 minutes?  That's why Princess created the Sanctuary where you can reserve a specific chair for a specific time at an additional price. Celebrity doesn't enforce these rules because they don't want to upset guests on their vacation, but evidently you have no regrets about doing it.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

That would make for a response worthy of a Carnival cruise. See you on board. I'll be the one wearing a Mets cap and singing along to a John Prine song on my headphones.

While you're singing along, you should plan on going to the Pool Attendant station to look for your stuff you forgot to take with you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Sorry but I'm one of those "7 A.M." people. I like my pool time and I like being near the pool. It  doesn't strike my as hoggish to wake up early and get a lounge that suits my needs and claim it as mine for the day. Yes, I disappear for trivia or a poker tournament for an hour and I don't see any reason to abandon my lounge because I'm gone for a short while. I don't begrudge anyone who eats in Luminae or uses the Retreat because they're suite members so I don't see why anyone should think I should give up my prime real estate by the pool because I had the temerity to have lunch or play a game of trivia. Lounge hogs? I don't think so. 

I only ask for an hour of chair time.  Just an hour.  But I can never find an empty chair.  If you were to leave your chair available for the hour that you are playing trivia, I could use the chair and be back out of it before you even get back.  As others have said, if no one saved their chair, then you too would have plenty of chairs available for when you get back from trivia.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I think he/she are suggesting that the real estate reserved for the Retreat Lounge and Luminae  should be available to everyone.  I don't think he/she doesn't like being excluded from restricted areas in the ship within a ship concept.    This gives he/she the right to claim exclusive real estate and exclude the rest of the passengers.  

Yes, I understood their comment but just did not really see it as a good supporting analogy to being a main pool chair hog.

33 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yes, I understood their comment but just did not really see it as a good supporting analogy to being a main pool chair hog.

I just don't understand this entire pool chair conversation.   The pool is never crowded after I hop in, I'm not sure why there's an issue with chairs.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I just don't understand this entire pool chair conversation.   The pool is never crowded after I hop in, I'm not sure why there's an issue with chairs.  😉

We never use the pool or pool chairs.  Whether you are on board or not.😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Andrewgary said:

Sorry but I'm one of those "7 A.M." people. I like my pool time and I like being near the pool. It  doesn't strike my as hoggish to wake up early and get a lounge that suits my needs and claim it as mine for the day. Yes, I disappear for trivia or a poker tournament for an hour and I don't see any reason to abandon my lounge because I'm gone for a short while. I don't begrudge anyone who eats in Luminae or uses the Retreat because they're suite members so I don't see why anyone should think I should give up my prime real estate by the pool because I had the temerity to have lunch or play a game of trivia. Lounge hogs? I don't think so. 

Hey Partner--- You know what you sound like ?

Never mind or I'll be sent to the wood shed for what I'm thinking. 

I'll bet you are the " type " that feels you have the " right " to shove in line , pick food off the buffet with your fingers, talk loud  , demand " whatever " , etc etc. ---because it " suits your needs ". 

" I don't begrudge anyone who eats in Luminae or uses the Retreat because they're suite members"--

Now, that's very nice of you--- Just shows the " sport " ( ?? ) that you are. 

" Lounge hogs? I don't think so ".  ---- So, what would you call people like yourself  ( " I like my ", etc , etc ) ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Hey Partner--- You know what you sound like ?

Never mind or I'll be sent to the wood shed for what I'm thinking. 

I'll bet you are the " type " that feels you have the " right " to shove in line , pick food off the buffet with your fingers, talk loud  , demand " whatever " , etc etc. ---because it " suits your needs ". 

" I don't begrudge anyone who eats in Luminae or uses the Retreat because they're suite members"--

Now, that's very nice of you--- Just shows the " sport " ( ?? ) that you are. 

" Lounge hogs? I don't think so ".  ---- So, what would you call people like yourself  ( " I like my ", etc , etc ) ? 

He had to leave for a while, he is busy trying to find his Mets ballcap, you know the team with 2 WS wins in their entire history, so when he returns from his poker tournament break to claim "his chair" everyone around the pool will be in awe of a Mets ballcap....hmmm NOT!

On 3/24/2022 at 11:06 AM, Andrewgary said:

And THIS, my friends, is why we can't have nice things.  @Andrewgary

I hope to empower the rest of you by sharing what I do!  Battle back against the chair hogs!  They use their towels and towel clips and paperbacks and flip flops to bully you into submission.  Don't fall for it!

If you are looking for a lounge chair to do what I do:  find an unoccupied chair marked by a towel or a book, and you move those items aside or give to pool attendant and enjoy your chair.  You can also ask people nearby, "Have you seen anyone in this chair?"  (The answer is almost always no.)  Then plop yourself down and make yourself comfortable.

IF the chair hog returns and says, "Hey!  You're in my chair!"  You look up with confusion and say with honesty, "No one was in this chair when I arrived."  If they press the issue, simply say, "Maybe you should speak with the pool attendant."  At that point, I reabsorb myself back in my book and ignore, ignore, ignore.

Fight back, people!  And then when your butt leaves the seat, either to play a hand of poker or to check out trivia or to hit the buffet or anything else that will keep you away from "your" chair for more than 15 minutes, pack your things up and leave the space for others.

🙂  We can make the world a better place even while on vacation.  

PS - As a former resident of the great state of New York, I can say with authority that we aren't ALL jerks.

Edited by micmacmissy
typo
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

Simple way to  beat the chair hogs. Gather up the belongings and give them to the pool attendant saying someone has left their belongings behind. Them when they deign to return, smile sweetly and say  you thought they had forgotten their belongings and you handed them to the pool attendant as you didn’t want them to get lost. They have not only lost their real estate but have to troop around looking for the pool attendant to reclaim their detritus. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Also, if you are actually done with a chair, why not take your used towel to the bin so someone can use the chair without having to clean up after you?

If more did that it would be easier for everyone to find a available lounger. Just common courtesy.

• Like 4

On 3/24/2022 at 9:05 AM, CILCIANRQTS said:

I wish someone could tell me where it says that a folded cruise line towel on a chair “ reserves” it for any period of time!!  Not is any cruise rules or documents I’ve seen.
If we all could break free from this commonly accepted concept, then chairs would only be unavailable when someone was actually USING it.

who says this? Every Celebrity cruise I've been on the chairs start the day with folded towels on them.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2022 at 9:11 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

You're correct, a pool towel does not reserve a pool chair.  That's why you go to the library and get a book.  A book mark's the spot as yours.

The beach boys at the Ritz in Aruba use this specialty trick also. They just keep a bunch of ragged ass paperbacks in the towel hut lol!

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

who says this? Every Celebrity cruise I've been on the chairs start the day with folded towels on them.

Oh so that means if it’s empty for 2 hours it’s then claimed real estate?  Stop your nonsense already 

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Oh so that means if it’s empty for 2 hours it’s then claimed real estate?  Stop your nonsense already 

I think (or hope) Guppy was agreeing with you.  I think Guppy was saying it's impossible to believe that folded towels reserve anything because all chairs start the day with folded towels placed there by the pool attendants when they are obviously empty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

This is so nice and back to normal.  A thread on Chair Hogs!😀

Stay tuned--- Next up---- " Gratuities-- would you give a few $$ extra to xxx  just because you received exceptional service  "  , followed by " I got a sore xxx, what should I do "? , followed by ( My favorite, " Who's etc, etc, in September 2026 '' ??  

I won’t quote the post most of us realize is a perfect example of a Chair Hog…….and what is so funny is the Hog doesn’t see it as that at all….or are we being played for a post-joke?? I’ve tired a few ‘tongue in cheek’’s here and it usually doesn't come off too well. So maybe this is one too.

to give the poster the benefit, I just hope that was just a post to show the mentality of a chair hog so those that identified with it, would somehow see themselves as everyone else does…..we call them chair hogs, but in reality its  just a perfect example of a higher level of selfishness. And those that do this then go around complaining about those ‘me..me..me’ folks. Got it. 

Den

• Like 4