Price has lowered…

ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

I can’t remember from when we have done this in the past: if I booked through a travel agent can I still call Celebrity to receive a lower price or do I  have to go through ta? Also if our category is sold out, can it still be checked and honored? Doesn’t seem to me like it could be but never hurts to ask! 
thanks! 

3 minutes ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

I can’t remember from when we have done this in the past: if I booked through a travel agent can I still call Celebrity to receive a lower price or do I  have to go through ta? Also if our category is sold out, can it still be checked and honored? Doesn’t seem to me like it could be but never hurts to ask! 
thanks!

Call your TA.  Celebrity has them do a price reduction request via email.

• Like 1

My experience is yes you can either call in or fill out the form and submit it with a photo shot of the price.   This can be done by you or your agent.

Form can be found here.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

Unfortunately, there has to be at least one cabin in your category open to price match. 

Thank y’all! I don’t think I was clear because I was a little confused. We’re doing a back to back and there’s nothing available for either week in the category we are in or higher (except for maybe the top suites, but I don’t think even those!)

So I didn’t think I could find a price match since they’re not available but just wanted to be sure.

46 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unfortunately, there has to be at least one cabin in your category open to price match. 

I must have been lucky then. There were no verandas available when I called about mine but they still reduced it at the time (last Dec). Never hurts to check.

Edited by RTShaker
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

Call your TA.  Celebrity has them do a price reduction request via email.

TA's can make a price adjustment directly with the cruise line either via phone or on line - no emails involved. 

To the OP, if you booked through a TA you need to go through them for any price changes.  If the category is not showing as available it may not necessarily be sold out, but waitlisted. However a price change likely will not exist until the category becomes active again, assuming it eventually does.  But call your TA anyway and have him check directly to confirm any decrease.  It certainly can't hurt.

1 hour ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

Thank y’all! I don’t think I was clear because I was a little confused. We’re doing a back to back and there’s nothing available for either week in the category we are in or higher (except for maybe the top suites, but I don’t think even those!)

So I didn’t think I could find a price match since they’re not available but just wanted to be sure.

Keep checking and if you see one pop up put it on hold and call in.    I did that recently on a cruise that has been 95% sold out for over a year.   Suddenly a Sky Suite popped up and lasted about a day after it was released from my hold.

A trick I use is I search for the cruise and go all the way to where you Select Your Room Category.   I then bookmark that page and then only need to click the bookmark to see if one opens up in my category.

Here's a sample link: 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SM11N016&sDT=2022-08-31&sCD=SM&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

A trick I use is I search for the cruise and go all the way to where you Select Your Room Category.   I then bookmark that page and then only need to click the bookmark to see if one opens up in my category.

Wonderful suggestion.  Thank you.  

We have made final payment and the cabin price dropped by over $300 pp.  There are cabins available in the category.  I believe that we do not qualify for a price drop, but can receive the difference in additional OBC.  Is this correct?

47 minutes ago, davy jones said:

We have made final payment and the cabin price dropped by over $300 pp.  There are cabins available in the category.  I believe that we do not qualify for a price drop, but can receive the difference in additional OBC.  Is this correct?

That is correct.   I did the same a couple weeks ago and received an additional  OBC for $1,000

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Yes, apply for it immediately... once it is gone, it is gone and not, usually, retroactively.

bon voyage

3 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Thanks.  Celebrity rep said no OBC after final payment.   

I sent the information to TA who probably has more clout.

Actually, the Rep needed to direct you to your TA to work on it...

bon voyage

To everyone who received OBC after final payment, I assume you hadn't booked 48 hours or less prior to the price drop? That appears to be a requirement on the Celebrity Best Price Guarantee website.

I'm on hold to speak to my TA but I booked last year and final payment was 3/10. The price on my cruise dropped over $600. Just wondering if it is worth the trouble? 🤔 

3 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

I'm on hold to speak to my TA but I booked last year and final payment was 3/10. The price on my cruise dropped over $600. Just wondering if it is worth the trouble? 🤔 

I'm also on hold with my TA for a significant reduction in my May cruise.  I sent the form to Celebrity but hope my TA can get faster results.  Please let us know what happens with your request.

On 3/21/2022 at 1:01 PM, Virginia100 said:

his happened to me last week for my 3/26 cruise. I called the Celebrity CS, she filed the form for me, my additional $700 OBC showed up on my account in 2 days.

Virginia 100 - had you booked your cruise more than 48 hours before the price drop?  The wording of the price guarantee is confusing.  Not sure if the policy applies to my May 2022 cruise booked several months ago and final payment made in early March.

Well as it turns out, it was definitely worth calling! After 1 hour and 15 minutes, I qualified for a $602 refund! 

I thought final payment had passed but it is apparently tomorrow (my cruise is 5/23/22). Originally, final payment was scheduled for Feb. but then Celebrity changed it to 60 days before departure.  For some reason, my big box TA scheduled my payment for 3/10 not 3/23, thus leading to my confusion. 

I would still love to know if those who were past final payment and got OBC due to a price drop had booked more than 48 hours before requesting the price difference? The current rules seem to suggest that you wouldn't get anything if you were past final payment and had booked weeks or months beforehand.  I would be highly disappointed if I spent more than an hour on hold only to be told no.

19 minutes ago, zestyzorra said:

would still love to know if those who were past final payment and got OBC due to a price drop had booked more than 48 hours before requesting the price difference? The current rules seem to suggest that you wouldn't get anything if you were past final payment and had booked

I just spent over 1 1/2 hours on the phone with my TA and got an OBC of almost $900 for my May 2022 6 night cruise.  I booked in January, paid final earlier this month, and had a non-refundable deposit.  On Celebrity's web site I found the price guarantee policy which only applies to bookings made through this month.  It says that you can price guarantee up to 48 hours before your cruise date as many times as you find a price reduction.  After this month the policy reverts to their standard price guarantee policy.  It took so long on the phone because there are differences in the "extras" that were offered at the time I booked and what is offered now. ie: I got a 1 category upgrade that isn't being offered now. It gets complicated.

• Thanks 1