Majestic Princess March 19-26

tourismtessy

I am not sure who you ask, but can you find out if the stopping of providing chocolates on the pillows at night is temporary due to Covid precautions or is it a permanent cutback in passenger amenities?

Jave a great cruise!

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

Passenger count is 2950

Thanks @c-boy, I think my friends got the number of the passengers from the 3/12 sailing which was about 2300 and the B2B live started by @jwattlehave posted the 3/19 sailing at approx 3000 which is still not full capacity , I believe you are also b2b

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Thanks @c-boy, I think my friends got the number of the passengers from the 3/12 sailing which was about 2300 and the B2B live started by @jwattlehave posted the 3/19 sailing at approx 3000 which is still not full capacity , I believe you are also b2b

Thank you!  I had read during last weeks cruise that it was going to be a full sailing this week.  Good to know actual number.  

9 hours ago, caribill said:

I am not sure who you ask, but can you find out if the stopping of providing chocolates on the pillows at night is temporary due to Covid precautions or is it a permanent cutback in passenger amenities?

Jave a great cruise!

I haven't seen pillow chocolates on any cruise line in years - several years before COVID.  I take our own little bag when I remember, or you could always order chocolate cake from room service.

1 hour ago, fabby50 said:

I haven't seen pillow chocolates on any cruise line in years - several years before COVID.  I take our own little bag when I remember, or you could always order chocolate cake from room service.

Pre-Covid shutdown, both Princess and HAL continued to provide chocolates on the bed each eveving.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Pre-Covid shutdown, both Princess and HAL continued to provide chocolates on the bed each eveving.

Haven't been on HAL in quite a long time, maybe we just had negligent stewards on our last several Princess cruises.  I know none of our Carnival, Royal, NCL or Princess cruises have had them.  Going next month, I guess we'll see (plus hopefully I'll remember our Dove dark chocolate Promises, yummy, yummy).

5 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Could you please report on the food, quality and availability in the buffet.  Others on earlier sailings have said that the buffet is still only half open and that the food is not very good.  Thank you.  I am on the 4/16 sailing.

The buffet is definitely not as big as it used to be.  They also serve you.  Dinner last night had more choices than lunch today.  Food was good, not great.  We will eat in the dining room tonight and crown grill tomorrow night.  Alfredo’s was yummy and I’m sure we will eat there at least once more.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 1:29 AM, wallyj said:

Hi @tourismtessy, my friends on board reported they heard the passenger count was about 2300, far from full capacity of 3560 at double occupancy, a quick stop at passenger services or a quick question on crew chat on the APP will verify the number.

2300 was last week on the CA Coastal and it really wasn't crowded but it felt like the Crew were being stressed with that number I hope more staff have been added to keep up with the increase.

• 1 month later...

Hi there. Looks like you had a lovely trip! I’m interested in learning more about the Hollywood Conservatory and pool and there’s not a lot of info I can find. We are sailing on the Majestic next February. 

Was it difficult to get loungers there? And how do you book/use those cabanas? 

18 hours ago, TrixieBel said:

Hi there. Looks like you had a lovely trip! I’m interested in learning more about the Hollywood Conservatory and pool and there’s not a lot of info I can find. We are sailing on the Majestic next February. 

Was it difficult to get loungers there? And how do you book/use those cabanas? 

Things can change in the next 10mo, but as of last week, The Hollywood Pool/Conservatory is classified as an 18+ area, but I only saw it actively enforced at night, when it's the designated night club area... Caught a 15yo sneaking in by leaving their medallion behind and getting drinks from other people, on one day! Having said that, all the young kids I saw were accompanied by adults and not fussing... While there was also a pack of (college-looking) kids who were cannonballing into the pool.

No issues with vacancies in the off-hours, even on the busier MexRiv route (vs CaliCoast).

The cabanas/nooks/clamshells didn't appear to have any booking system; it was straight up FCFS. I was mostly using it as a quiet place to get some work done though, so I suppose I could have just jacked an open slot unknowingly, but I never saw anybody actively monitoring the area, nor was told to move.