Online Check in

Ladyshopper23

31 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Is online check in supposed to be 45 days prior to your cruise? Or did I totally make that up?!

It's 44 days until our cruise, and when I log in it still says check in not available.

Which ship?  If it's Eclipse, that's a restart, and none of the restarts have been 'on time' with check in so far.  We waited until about 14 days before check-in was possible for the November restart of Constellation.

• Like 1

We cruise on Edge on 6th May and I was able to check in yesterday and upload pic and vaccination documents.  However can't choose a check in time yet, Celebrity say there is an issue that they are currently working on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Which ship?  If it's Eclipse, that's a restart, and none of the restarts have been 'on time' with check in so far.  We waited until about 14 days before check-in was possible for the November restart of Constellation.

It's the Solstice. I believe our cruise is the first one she'll be doing, so a re-start.

Guess I'll just keep checking every day!

2 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

It's the Solstice. I believe our cruise is the first one she'll be doing, so a re-start.

Yup.  If it works like all of the other restarts, everything will be a bit late, including the information that they supply on the app.  If there's cruise data on the phone app now, some of it may even be partly leftover information from the last cruise the ship made before the shutdown!  I know that for our Caribbean restart, they were nice enough to provide tips for our day ashore in Dubai, and how to navigate Singapore customs!  So I also wouldn't put too much stock in the details on the app until much closer to your sail date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Is online check in supposed to be 45 days prior to your cruise? Or did I totally make that up?!

It's 44 days until our cruise, and when I log in it still says check in not available.

If you open the app and click on the Head Icon it will show the date your on-line checkin will begin.

All my cruises recently were at 45 days but 2 of them we still can not select a checkin time.

Edited by Jim_Iain

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If you open the app and click on the Head Icon it will show the date your on-line checkin will begin.

All my cruises recently were at 45 days but 2 of them we still can not select a checkin time.

For our restart, the app never did show a projected date.  Check-in just finally appeared as an available option once it became possible, about 14 days pre-cruise.

51 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It comes up that my ship is not supported by the app!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoveChops said:

We cruise on Edge on 6th May and I was able to check in yesterday and upload pic and vaccination documents.  However can't choose a check in time yet, Celebrity say there is an issue that they are currently working on.

Hi @LoveChops- if your location is gateshead in the UK - what have you uploaded as proof of vaccination? the NHS covid pass thing is only valid for 1 month and i didnt want to upload that now as it wouldnt still be valid on our sail date of 3rd May - is there something else you have used???

thanks a lot

I went onto my NHS App and requested an offline copy of my Covid-19 records by email. This is a PDF which I took a photo of. A day later I was informed on the CheckIn page that there was an issue with my vaccination record. I contacted Celebrity UK via Twitter for help. They looked up my booking and came back with  - it is very blurry. Suggested I printed out the document to take the photo. (The first time I had taken the photo of it on my laptop screen). This is what I did, and 24 hours later it has been validated. The barcode has an expiry date of 15th April, and I am cruising 2nd May, so that is not a problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

It comes up that my ship is not supported by the app!

That's another "restart" issue that should resolve in time, likely around when you get to check in. 

On 3/23/2022 at 10:38 AM, Ladyshopper23 said:

I have friends sailing solstice early may to Alaska. They tried the app and it says solstice doesn't utilize the app. They tried checking in on their computer, nothing! Couldn't do the check-in.

Sorry, a bit of topic about when online check-in opens.  Our group did online check-in for Dec cruise and everything was uploaded as required a couple of weeks before sailing.  Everything was rescinded by terminal personnel, including photos.

We'll see if the same happens next month.

Check the app from time to time. I sail May 6th on Equinox and a few weeks ago, the site said I’d be notified by email, expect checkin to start 27th of March. Check the app a few days ago and it was open for check in, but thus far, no email from Celebrity. 
Sadly, no big surprise. 

Edited by runningtide

having same issue with app and check in, yesterday said look for email today says check-in but will not let me, says app required but not supported by ship, you would think with all our money and all the downtime they would have it together, but forget about calling you get a call center on Pluto!!! have no clue or they are told to not tell you a thing, so Frustrating, With the last min cancelations and mods its nerve-racking 

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2022 at 1:22 PM, runningtide said:

Check the app from time to time. I sail May 6th on Equinox and a few weeks ago, the site said I’d be notified by email, expect checkin to start 27th of March. Check the app a few days ago and it was open for check in, but thus far, no email from Celebrity. 
Sadly, no big surprise. 

The app doesn't support ALL Celebrity ships. We're on the Solstice in May and the app is not supported.

8 minutes ago, mkapinos said:

having same issue with app and check in, yesterday said look for email today says check-in but will not let me, says app required but not supported by ship, you would think with all our money and all the downtime they would have it together, but forget about calling you get a call center on Pluto!!! have no clue or they are told to not tell you a thing, so Frustrating, With the last min cancelations and mods its nerve-racking 

I fully understand and there are a few of us who have the same issues, then again a few of us who do not.

New world of travel and these issues for a few will carry on for a bit, regardless.

Good luck getting it sorted and bon voyage

17 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I fully understand and there are a few of us who have the same issues, then again a few of us who do not.

New world of travel and these issues for a few will carry on for a bit, regardless.

Good luck getting it sorted and bon voyage

Yes This cruise has been canceled on us twice, MAY JUST NEED TO RETHINK CRUISING!!

On 3/23/2022 at 6:53 AM, Ladyshopper23 said:

45 days, and as a matter of fact, today is our first day when check in is enabled!

• Like 1