Spring break

smeck

3 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

When does spring break end? Is March more popular than April?

Spring breaks vary, but they certainly go through Easter which is mid-April this year

• Like 1

College spring break is one thing.  School (K-12) is another thing.

Colleges are generally mid to the end of March, as mentioned above.  Schools more often than not center their spring breaks around Passover/Easter, which this year is April 15-April 17.  Some schools simply have a set time each year, regardless of holidays.  

So, during the months of March & April, you pick your poison.  "Young adults" or "rugrats".  😄  😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

College spring break is one thing.  School (K-12) is another thing.

Colleges are generally mid to the end of March, as mentioned above.  Schools more often than not center their spring breaks around Passover/Easter, which this year is April 15-April 17.  Some schools simply have a set time each year, regardless of holidays.  

So, during the months of March & April, you pick your poison.  "Young adults" or "rugrats".  😄  😄 😄 

PLENTY of K-12 spring breaks during all of March, that have nothing to do with Easter timing. Whether or not Spring Break aligns with Easter is regional, and most often depends on when school lets out for summer.

Our schools begin summer break in mid-May, so waiting until Easter for Spring Break would be absurd. But schools that go into June do appreciate a Spring Break in April.

FWIW, my kids' Spring Break was March 7-14. The district next to us was March 14-28. March is very common.

44 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

PLENTY of K-12 spring breaks during all of March, that have nothing to do with Easter timing. Whether or not Spring Break aligns with Easter is regional, and most often depends on when school lets out for summer.

Our schools begin summer break in mid-May, so waiting until Easter for Spring Break would be absurd. But schools that go into June do appreciate a Spring Break in April.

FWIW, my kids' Spring Break was March 7-14. The district next to us was March 14-28. March is very common.

I'm not going to argue statistics with you, but I will stand by my "more often than not".  🙂 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Agree, depends where you live. My Kids/Grands in AZ always had 2 weeks towards end March. But other State we lived in had first week of April and still does this 30yrs running. Think its a Teachers Union Contract thing. None of these relate to when Easter actually is

Edited by ONECRUISER

Read article about 10 yrs ago listing when Districts had Spring Break listing dates and Numbers that started in Feb threw end April. Havent see list in while, interesting Spring Break so wide from start to end over the 3 Months. When my Kids were always doing a Spring Break first week of April they also had a Mid-Winter Break week of Presidents Day, so Feb was when we Cruised or went to Orlando, this almost every yr

41 minutes ago, Tntt said:

I was wondering the same thing my cruise is 4/29, I pray most spring breaks have wrapped up by then

Most colleges and universities have already begun final exams or at least reading period by then, so you shouldn't run into partying young adults in the Spring Break context.

It also seems very late for K-12 Spring Breaks, so my guess is you should be in the sweet spot of all college students and kids are back in school and not on cruise ships. But never say never...

Most colleges have already wrapped up spring break by the end of this week.  We have three in college right now - three different time zones and three different regions of the country.  By complete coincidence, all three universities had the week of March 6th off for Spring Break 2022.