Spanish travel health form

Mcrlyons

I'm on a western med cruise in June flying from uk to Barcelona then straight to ship for embarkation. Do I need to fill in a Spanish travel health form? Apologies if this is a daft question came across it as I was searching the Internet for something else πŸ™ˆ

There is an app, which I used a couple of weeks ago.Β  They DID check.Β  Those who hadn't completed the form had to do it at the airport on arrival.Β  I was amazed at the number of people who hadn't done it.

Has anyone read about what type of testing, if any, is required to get into Spain to go directly to the ship? I am finding information that a negative Covid test is required no more than 24 hours upon entering Spain. This makes flying in to Spain early next to impossible. Who wants to go all that way to find a place and get another test to board the ship on the hopes that it is NOT positive? We are booked on the Oct 31 TA on Reflection out of Barcelona. Our flight leaves Detroit late afternoon 10/30 and arrives early morning on 10/31. Normally we go in a day early but now with testing we would have to find a testing site in Barcelona in order to get on the ship and hope for a negative test. Any info with interpretation would be realty appreciated. I also read that vaccinations would also now have to include the booster and I cannot find the time expiration on that. Our booster was in September 2021. So our vaccinations may be totally out of date by the time we go to Barcelona.

1 hour ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Has anyone read about what type of testing, if any, is required to get into Spain to go directly to the ship? I am finding information that a negative Covid test is required no more than 24 hours upon entering Spain. This makes flying in to Spain early next to impossible. Who wants to go all that way to find a place and get another test to board the ship on the hopes that it is NOT positive? We are booked on the Oct 31 TA on Reflection out of Barcelona. Our flight leaves Detroit late afternoon 10/30 and arrives early morning on 10/31. Normally we go in a day early but now with testing we would have to find a testing site in Barcelona in order to get on the ship and hope for a negative test. Any info with interpretation would be realty appreciated. I also read that vaccinations would also now have to include the booster and I cannot find the time expiration on that. Our booster was in September 2021. So our vaccinations may be totally out of date by the time we go to Barcelona.

That is simply not true. Presently you do not need a Covid Test to enter Spain from the USA. All you need is to be vaccinated and if your initial vaccine is more than 270 old you need to have a booster shot, which then has no time expiration. There is an online(or Mobile Phone app) Spain Health Control Entry Form that you must fill out with your vaccine information. When you finish filling it out it will generate a QR Code that you must show at the airport when you go through Customs and Border Control. Once you show the QR Code you're free to leave the airport and proceed to the cruiseport.Β 

https://es.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Β 

Here's the website for the Spain Travel Health

https://www.spth.gob.es/faq

• Like 3

When filling in the spth it says at the beginning check this box ifΒ  your final destination is not Spain only arrives in spain in transit if I tick this box it come up to say only check this box ifΒ  your final destination is not Spain and you are here for less than 24 hours only and not leaving the airport enclosure? I start in Barcelona and my first Port of call in Palma then onto Italy and finally ending up in Croatia. I'm sorry for going round the houses on this but my questionΒ  is I don't tick this box do I? I understand this all may sound silly but just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly as i will have to fill it in for my parents too.

42 minutes ago, Mcrlyons said:

When filling in the spth it says at the beginning check this box ifΒ  your final destination is not Spain only arrives in spain in transit if I tick this box it come up to say only check this box ifΒ  your final destination is not Spain and you are here for less than 24 hours only and not leaving the airport enclosure? I start in Barcelona and my first Port of call in Palma then onto Italy and finally ending up in Croatia. I'm sorry for going round the houses on this but my questionΒ  is I don't tick this box do I? I understand this all may sound silly but just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly as i will have to fill it in for my parents too.

No, you do not click this as you ARE leaving the airport enclosure . Β When we flew to Barcelona last fall to board Apex, I had the QR codes (DH’s and mine) on my phone but also had a printed copy as back-up. Β When we entered the Customs and Border Control area, there was quite a line of those having difficulty accessing their codes on their phones. Β While ours were pulled up, there was another agent taking those with paper copies; we were the second couple in line and through the process in about 30 seconds.

Will a QR code be required for the following scenario for cruise ship passengers - fly US to London - London two days - third day board ship in Southampton - Β one sea day - one day in France - then arrive in Spain - four following ports in Spain.

I can’t find any information if QR codes are required for cruises beginning in the UK and ending in Spain with Spanish ports in betweenΒ 

Edited by ncgolferette

1 hour ago, bama4cruisin said:

No, you do not click this as you ARE leaving the airport enclosure . Β When we flew to Barcelona last fall to board Apex, I had the QR codes (DH’s and mine) on my phone but also had a printed copy as back-up. Β When we entered the Customs and Border Control area, there was quite a line of those having difficulty accessing their codes on their phones. Β While ours were pulled up, there was another agent taking those with paper copies; we were the second couple in line and through the process in about 30 seconds.

When I received the QR code on the app, I just took a screenshot.Β  I did the same for my airline boarding passes.Β  I had no trouble at all.

5 hours ago, besberry said:

When I received the QR code on the app, I just took a screenshot.Β  I did the same for my airline boarding passes.Β  I had no trouble at all.

We did the same, but printed only as an emergency back-up; never thought I would even use the printed copies. Β There were at least 2 dozen people in the β€œdigital” line who couldn’t find their documents on their phones 😳, and those who could were having to wait in line πŸ™„. Β When the other agent saw anyone with a paper copy, he called them to the short, quickly moving line. Β At that point, I was happy to have the paper copy.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 8:45 PM, kwokpot said:

That is simply not true. Presently you do not need a Covid Test to enter Spain from the USA. All you need is to be vaccinated and if your initial vaccine is more than 270 old you need to have a booster shot, which then has no time expiration. There is an online(or Mobile Phone app) Spain Health Control Entry Form that you must fill out with your vaccine information. When you finish filling it out it will generate a QR Code that you must show at the airport when you go through Customs and Border Control. Once you show the QR Code you're free to leave the airport and proceed to the cruiseport.Β 

https://es.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Β 

Here's the website for the Spain Travel Health

https://www.spth.gob.es/faq

What sort of vaccination information do they need?Β 

We are doing at transatlantic in a couple of weeks which starts in FLL and ends in Civitavecchia.Β  It has several port stops in Spain.Β  Do we need to fill out the SPH entry form?Β  All of the above questions seem to relate to either beginning or ending a cruise in Spain, and we just have four port calls.

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

I am flying from the states to Barcelona in June and have been reading all kinds of information about what is needed......I have my vax card and have been boostered.Β  Trying to understand what else I need? Anyone on here have up to date information?Β  My other question is, if I have a layover at Heathrow (will not be leaving the airport), do I need something for that part of the flight too?

Β 

I am guessing the Spanish Health Form is still needed, no matter where you are flying from?

Β 

Thank you.

Β 

Β 

20 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I am guessing the Spanish Health Form is still needed, no matter where you are flying from?

If you go to this website and insert the date you will arrive in Spain, you will be able to upload your vax certificate and you will be told if it will be accepted and what you need to enter Spain.Β  It will also tell you if you need the health form.

It is the Spanish Government official website for tourism.

Β 

https://www.spth.gob.es/

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

If you go to this website and insert the date you will arrive in Spain, you will be able to upload your vax certificate and you will be told if it will be accepted and what you need to enter Spain.Β  It will also tell you if you need the health form.

It is the Spanish Government official website for tourism.

Β 

https://www.spth.gob.es/

ThanksπŸ™‚Β where is a place to upload my vax form? I don't see it..........

I must be missing something today.......can someone PLEASE help? I am filling out the form for entry into Spain and for some reason Barcelona is NOT listed😲.  There is the field that says "Write the place you will visit first" and there are choices......but Barcelona is not on there.......am I doing something wrong? How am I supposed to put another place if I am staying pre-cruise in Barcelona?

Thank you all anyway.........I found what I was looking for....had to click on Catalonia in order for Barcelona to show upπŸ™‚