Favorite Place on Anthem

Love the adults only solarium. Nice to lay out in any weather outside and the pools are nice to sit in, not swim. The Solarium Bistro is a fantastic Mediterranean restaurant in the solarium, definitely make reservations for dinner there (it is included but fills up fast). SeaPlex has bumper cars at times, check your schedule and go.

• Like 1

My balcony. Anthem balconies are extra spacious and have reclinable  chairs with footstools. This class is one of the few ships left that have a full length walking track, not really a place, but it is one of my favorite things about her as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hp_slash said:

Love the adults only solarium. Nice to lay out in any weather outside and the pools are nice to sit in, not swim. The Solarium Bistro is a fantastic Mediterranean restaurant in the solarium, definitely make reservations for dinner there (it is included but fills up fast). SeaPlex has bumper cars at times, check your schedule and go.

Agree plus Cafe 270 and our balcony.   

• Like 1

I wish I could say the Solarium Bistro, but on our recent Anthem sailing it was only open 2 hours early for breakfast and that was it.  Never once open for lunch or dinner all cruise -- quite a disappointment.   

But I would say the Solarium itself it quite nice and spacious with great views.  

5 minutes ago, Raemk said:

Never once open for lunch or dinner all cruise -- quite a disappointment.   

Welcome to CC and sailing in the very unsettled COVID era.

Solarium should open further with more staff - maybe by the time she starts sailing in the UK.

• Like 1

I was surprised and a bit disappointed at how many things were either closed or cancelled due to Covid.  There was no We Will Rock you show all week.  Cancelled and the only explanation was "unforeseen circumstances" and there was no replacement.   Cruise Director no where to be found {rumored to be in quarantine).  MDR not open for lunch on sea days and as I mentioned Solarium Bistro no lunch or dinner at all.  Pool DJ a no show on sea day, etc.   Its hard to be critical during these uncertain times, but there were just to many things closed for a ship sailing at 70%+

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 2:05 PM, Raemk said:

I was surprised and a bit disappointed at how many things were either closed or cancelled due to Covid.  There was no We Will Rock you show all week.  Cancelled and the only explanation was "unforeseen circumstances" and there was no replacement.   Cruise Director no where to be found {rumored to be in quarantine).  MDR not open for lunch on sea days and as I mentioned Solarium Bistro no lunch or dinner at all.  Pool DJ a no show on sea day, etc.   Its hard to be critical during these uncertain times, but there were just to many things closed for a ship sailing at 70%+

I agree, I was on Anthem last November and I gave the staff a lot of leeway, considering it was only the second North American sailing back for the ship.  While the Solarium Bistro was open for dinner (I don't think I ever checked it for lunch), We Will Rock You was closed and the scuttlebutt on the ship was that too many performers were sick and couldn't perform.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:05 PM, Raemk said:

Things have improved.  Just got off Anthem 4/10 - 4/17 and Solarium Bistro was open for breakfast and dinner (but not lunch as it is on other ships).  CD was quite visible.  We Will Rock You had at least 3 performances that I am aware of and was terrific!   All other venues active and busy.  (3,750 passengers - 1,200 of them children!)   Nothing cancelled or closed.  No reports of covid either.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, josprince said:

" We Will Rock You"  

Same.  Amazing musical.  Got to see it twice on our cruise (and DD's new favorite)

Anthem is great...270, North Star is neat, didn't spend time in Solarium but it seems like a really nice one, schooner's bar is always fun.

I also just like walking laps along the top deck (when you get to warm weather)

OP, enjoy your cruise!

Well, Music Hall is first.

We loved to sit upstairs & play card games & listen to the Karaoke or bands.

But 270 was definitely a close 2nd.

During the day we would play cards & enjoy the space.

Now--I still loved the simulated skydiving & the Escape room too...

And adults only Solarium is my go to place early in the day

We travelled with our YA kids. It was an AMAZING cruise. 

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Things have improved.  Just got off Anthem 4/10 - 4/17 and Solarium Bistro was open for breakfast and dinner (but not lunch as it is on other ships).  CD was quite visible.  We Will Rock You had at least 3 performances that I am aware of and was terrific!   All other venues active and busy.  (3,750 passengers - 1,200 of them children!)   Nothing cancelled or closed.  No reports of covid either.

Are they still passing out paper Compasses?