Small Fan In Cabin

tawlaw1526

Can anyone tell me if a small personal fan is allowed in our Princess cabins?   I find the cabins are always hot and stuffy so I was thinking about bringing a small personal fan to keep the air moving in our cabin while we sleep.   

I have been bringing a fan onboard since 2004.

I brought one onboard in January 2022 on the Majestic.  No issues.  

I am at the age of personal summers for about 10 years now.  The fan is my lifesaver.  The cabin is never cold enough for me.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Techwizardress said:

I am at the age of personal summers for about 10 years now.  The fan is my lifesaver.  The cabin is never cold enough for me.  

Haha….good one “Personal Summer”.  I’ll have to use that, it made me laugh.    That is my exact issue for over 10 years now.   I absolutely can’t stand sleeping when the room is even the slightest bit warm.   My husband once said, why don’t you just start sleeping in the freezer.   Truth is……if I could fit in there, some nights I would of probably tried.    Thank you very much for your reply.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, milolii said:

We are fan fans.  Ok can anyone share a good travel fan?  With some power?  We have one, but don't remember where we purchased it and hope it doesn’t stop working.  

I am interested too, if anyone has a great fan they can recommend for traveling, let us know.   

53 minutes ago, Mike-Cruisin said:

We brought this fan on our Nov Princess cruise and it helped DW.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0995CG5ZH/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_463J3DQDQRHA5M7BKV8M

Thanks for the recommendation!  I like this with USB.  Is there a USB plug on the nightstand/lamp so you can put it next to the bed on Majestic (I'll be on Discovery so I assume it will the be the same)?  I've used a small battery one, but I'd love a USB one instead of hauling D batteries along if it can be l connected and sit on the nightstand.

1 hour ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Thank you all for your reply.    I will be looking on Amazon now for a new fan to take on cruises.   

Hey,  I buy mine from Target.  I like the ones that clamp onto the back of a chair or something.  There is never enough flat space.  Plus I need to be able to point it at me and not my boyfriend since he is not hot.  I use the back of the chair to clamp/clip it to and point it at me as much as possible.

I found this below on Amazon.  Target does not have what I had purchased in the past.  I want the plug in type not battery operated.  I need more power.  

Hurricane Classic 6 Inch Clip Fan - Portable Fan with Strong Clamp, Two Speed Settings, and Adjustable Tilt Mechanism 

• Like 1

I never leave home without mine. However, it might be on it's "last leg". I like the wind blowing in my face, but really like it for the noise. Helps drown out some of the noise rude passengers make when they allow their doors to slam shut or they decide to shout at someone down the hall. SO,  if you have a brand that you travel with that is loud, I would really appreciate you sharing the brand name with  me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, Techwizardress said:

Welcome to the club. The thermostat is always at the blue end or on the jurassic ships with just a knob for opening the vent its fully open. When dealing with a cabin issue such as poor AC, be friendly but PERSISTENT! Every once in awhile if an actual maintenance engineer shows up: a little green $$ makes a cooler cabin likely.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, zippyjet said:

Welcome to the club. The thermostat is always at the blue end or on the jurassic ships with just a knob for opening the vent its fully open. When dealing with a cabin issue such as poor AC, be friendly but PERSISTENT! Every once in awhile if an actual maintenance engineer shows up: a little green $$ makes a cooler cabin likely.

Awesome idea to tip maintenance.    I’ll have to try that.   A cool cabin in the hot Caribbean is priceless.     

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 12:37 AM, tawlaw1526 said:

Can anyone tell me if a small personal fan is allowed in our Princess cabins?   I find the cabins are always hot and stuffy so I was thinking about bringing a small personal fan to keep the air moving in our cabin while we sleep.   

I am bringing a really small battery fan on my next cruise but in late spring and summer I bring a 10-inch rechargeable fan. It's great on airplanes. I left the unneeded legs off it and it fits nicely in a carry-on backpack. Here it is:

https://amzn.to/3LQG2mz

On 3/29/2022 at 12:37 AM, tawlaw1526 said:

My friends take one all the time never had a problem.

Tony

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 8:12 AM, Techwizardress said:

I LOVE that! I felt like my personal Summers lasted for decades. I mean, really? Good grief. My family had to dress for Winter while inside the house.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 10:08 PM, tawlaw1526 said:

Awesome idea to tip maintenance.    I’ll have to try that.   A cool cabin in the hot Caribbean is priceless.  

Getting maintenance to address a hot cabin issue is like herding cats. Lots of times you'll be out of your cabin enjoying your cruise and you come back to a hot cabin and a little note saying "we found no problems," or "your cabin is at an acceptable temperature." On newer ships you'll notice a closet that's locked next to your cabin. Inside is your cabins HVAC unit. Once on the Horizon (Carnival) the maintenance guy went in, bled an air valve and my cabin was cool and cozy the rest of the cruise. Try to get them to come to your cabin when you know you'll be there! And make sure its an engineer/maintenance person that can actually fix your AC! Usually they will send a regular crewmember, in my case a leggy attractive Russian woman with a thermometer. Once maintenance comes and gets in that locked compartment and actually fixes your AC then reach for the green. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1