CocoCay

I booked both the Beach Club Full Day Pass and a Thrill Beach Cabana for our upcoming cruise this month. I can't decide which one to keep. We were at CocoCay two-ish weeks ago and had an Overwater Cabana which was AMAZING! But, they are sold out, as are all the other cabanas. When the Thrill Beach Cabana suddenly popped up (it too was sold out)I scooped it up, but obviously, I don't want/need both. Thoughts/insight?!

Just trying to confirm, is this a Thrill Waterpark cabana or a Chill Island beach cabana?  (No such thing as a Thrill Beach cabana is why I'm asking for clarification.)

It all boils down to what means the most to you -- having the cabana but not the "upscale" environment, or having the fancy lunch and fancy surroundings, but not the hut overhead?  Nobody but you can answer that question.

Personally, I don't feel the need for either.  I'd rather book another whole cruise instead with that kind of money.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, mom2miracles said:

I booked both the Beach Club Full Day Pass and a Thrill Beach Cabana for our upcoming cruise this month. I can't decide which one to keep. We were at CocoCay two-ish weeks ago and had an Overwater Cabana which was AMAZING! But, they are sold out, as are all the other cabanas. When the Thrill Beach Cabana suddenly popped up (it too was sold out)I scooped it up, but obviously, I don't want/need both. Thoughts/insight?!

I would keep the beach club, and sit under an umbrella like commoners. 

We have been to CocoCay four times since restart and are perfectly happy on the beach at the Coco Beach Club (and having to walk to the restaurant for our surf and turf lunch (gasp) versus having bicycle-gal/guy bring it out to us).

I dont understand the need to grab or scoop up 2 items and not really want both but want to pick and choose.  Unless you purchased with OBC, if you choose not to use one, you have to monitor cc to make sure you get refunded.  If you choose to do both and this is 2 expensive items in 8 hours, you have to go back and forth just to get your moneys worth.  Its your money but if it was me, and Ive just been to Coco Cay and really liked it, I would eat lobster and steak on the ship for a fraction of the price and enjoy the free stuff.  Id only bother with a cabana at the water park if i had kids that would want to be there all day.  Again, your decision.  

• Like 1

I just checked prices. Are they real?

$199/person child over 4.

$999/person for cabana?

I can't be reading that right? 

We are on Oasis B2B in May. 

I guess we will just play in the sand and water if that is free.

Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

$999/person for cabana?

We are on Oasis B2B in May. 

I guess we will just play in the sand and water if that is free.

Happy Cruising! 

Cabanas are not priced “per person” but “per

cabana” with a capacity of 6-8 people depending on location. 

17 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Cabanas are not priced “per person” but “per

cabana” with a capacity of 6-8 people depending on location. 

Thanks, That is too rich for my blood. I have a CP Cabin Balcony for less than that for 1 person, With two people it only cost me a little over $2,400. Would rather take the cruise than sit in a cabana for 8 hours. JMHO!

On three upcoming cruises all the cabanas except over the water are over $1100 and the over the water closer to $2000.  There are umbrellas over either two or four chairs everywhere on the island and you can easily get these in areas with lots of trees.  All free.  But OP knows this and still wants a cabana so to each his own.

On 4/2/2022 at 8:29 AM, Oxo said:

$999/person for cabana?

The price says per person, but it really for the person booking and everyone else is free, up to the limit.

And yes, people have mistakenly booked 4 cabanas. 😄