Room Service Sky Suite

W283386

I will be on the Summit soon and in a Sky Suite.   When ordering room service do I use the Retreat Host, the interactive TV, the phone, or the door hanger?  Probably planning one dinner and one breakfast.  Also, is room service busier on sea days or port days?  I assume if it is delivered by someone other than the Host that you tip him or her right away. If delivered by the host just leave an additional tip upon disembarkation.

When it comes to breakfast we fill the tag out the night before and put in on the door handle. Our butler would bring the breakfast to the suite in the morning. Having dinner in a sky suite we have not done. I would talk to your butler the morning of day 2 about dinner in your suite. 

• Like 1

Breakfast is done by door hanger and the Butler will bring it to you. Our last cruise breakfast was brought to us hot and on time very day by our fantastic butler. For dinners in your cabin go through your butler and he will order and bring it to your cabin. A few tips for breakfast from our last butler. When ordering omelets or scrambled eggs on the door hanger specify in writing "Fresh Eggs only" or they will use the premixed egg concoction that is terrible tasting. Don't hesitate to order things not on the door hanger like eggs benedict or turkey sausage, I did and I got them. If you want your bacon crisp, specify crisp or it will be limp. You can also order a bloody Mary or mimosa with your breakfast and our butlers have added espresso shots to the pot of coffee to make it stronger upon our request. You are also entitled with the premium drinks package fresh squeezed orange juice with breakfast. Your butler will set up your balcony or room coffee table for breakfast and even pour your first cup of coffee.

I do not believe RS is available from the Luminae menu, only what is in the MDR that night. Tips are included in your suites fare but most leave extra at the end of the cruise and some do at the beginning, up to your discretion.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 3

We usually just use the hangers also.   You can however call your butler or order on your TV.  

Traveling in upper suites our butler has always advised us if we wanted anything not on the menu to just write it in.   

• Like 2

If you want dinner on your Suite give your Host a day or 2 notice.  Also unless your suite has a decent size table, which most SS don’t, 1 will be eating dinner at the vanity and the other on the bed or small table suitable for 2 drinks.  

• Like 1

Agree to letting your butler know in advance if you want dinner in your suite. Make sure you say you want it served course by course or he may bring it all together. Giving him warning he may manage to help with the table issue also he can juggle other duties so that he can serve you properly.

26 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Make sure you say you want it served course by course or he may bring it all together

Omg. 
This post just p-ssed off every Retreat Host employed by Celebrity. 
I have never in my life heard of ordering room service course by course.  That is so much added work for the room service waiter or your butler. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. 

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Omg. 
This post just p-ssed off every Retreat Host employed by Celebrity. 
I have never in my life heard of ordering room service course by course.  That is so much added work for the room service waiter or your butler. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. 

Note the key message of my post was 

52 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Agree to letting your butler know in advance if you want dinner in your suite. 

In our experience given warning Retreat Hosts like to provide outstanding service. Whilst most guests (us included) would not ask for course by course service for a simple snack if you are ordering a three course dinner (perhaps to celebrate a special occasion) then your Retreat Host will be glad to sort it for you. Having chatted with many Butlers over the years they enjoy (and take pride) doing something special for guests, what they find hard is when they are asked to do something special without warning. 

I think most of us who cruise suites regularly are aware and sensitive to the workload of Retreat Hosts but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use the service their role provides. 

If you consider the number of things Retreat Hosts/Butlers technically can provide most of us rarely (if ever) take up the offer. It is three cruises ago since we last dined (properly) in suite (pre arranged with the butler). It was 2016 we last asked our butler to arrange a sail away party for us….As long as we are sensitive to the work load of Retreat Hosts and don’t ‘demand’ these more time consuming activities all the time we should enjoy them when we do.

4 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

Can you order from Luminae menu for dinner in SS room?

Dinner in all suites is usually from the MDR menu. If you were planning a special occasion it could be worth having a chat with the M’D and seeing if something could be arranged but don’t be offended if he says no. His priority has to be service in the restaurant. 

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

If you want dinner on your Suite give your Host a day or 2 notice.  Also unless your suite has a decent size table, which most SS don’t, 1 will be eating dinner at the vanity and the other on the bed or small table suitable for 2 drinks.  

I would not want to have dinner in my Sky or Celebrity Suite, and lose out on the ambiance and service of the Luminae.  In all of our cruises we only did this once, it was back on the old Century before anytime dinning and we came back late from our 12 hour excursion an hour after early dinning time. Not wanting to eat in the buffet or change cloths, we opted for room service and I remember eating while sitting on our bed for all 4 courses served at once, it was so uncomfortable, we have not done it again. We were in one of the small cramped OV cabins that had been converted to a balcony back in 2008 and there was no table and only one side chair and vanity in the cabin. Nothing like spilling gravy on your bedspread. 

Edited by terrydtx

Several times on Reflection (AFT Sky Suite) we enjoyed dinner in our cabin.  Our butler set up everything on the table in front of the couch and we sat there while eating.  Worked like a charm on S class.  As far as course by course, we never asked for it nor would we want it.  We gave our butlers 1-2 days notice of in suite dining.