Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, carolyn22 said:

Jim, I know you’re going to think I’m crazy, but I’m almost enjoying the land portion of your trip more than I did the cruise portion!  I’m glad you didn’t have to stay holed up and were able to travel around and see the sights. 

I have to say that we really enjoyed our stay and discovered a wonderful town we would never have discovered otherwise.    We are looking forward to a little down time as we relocate to an airport hotel. 

The nice thing of this unexpected vacation it was so relaxed yet so much to do on day trips.   We loved the friendly locals and they made our visit very special.   

• Like 21

41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The nice thing of this unexpected vacation it was so relaxed yet so much to do on day trips.   We loved the friendly locals and they made our visit very special.

Jim - I can't imagine you & Iain not finding the silver lining in any unexpected situation - you are always so positive and up beat.

Edited by MarKay525
  • Like 9

On the subject of scones……Austin has direct flights to and from London on British Airways.  If at all possible I try to schedule the BA flights because they serve tea and scones with cream and strawberry jam an hour before landing.  Love those scones!

• Like 6

Couldn't stand all this scone discussion anymore....a few minutes ago, texted my next door neighbor, who owns a bakery, to please make an order of gluten free orange cranberry scones (and I've been so good since New Years, too)!  If I'm going to fall off the no-pastry wagon, though, those are a darn good reason.  No cream available so will have to make do with Kerrygold. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

My scones turned out very nice and were delicious with Kerrygold butter and strawberry jam. Of course, they would have been better with clotted cream! And now I’ll stop hijacking Jim’s thread and let him get back to his trip!

3B97F5CF-589B-423D-9489-9E202C2BF1C1.thumb.jpeg.4834546d41eac5c1e7289c6c0383bba5.jpeg

• Like 11

Jim, finally made it through all 89 pages and 2206 posts! Wow, glad both of you were able to get through the bumps in the road and make a positive (may not be best the word to use?) experience with your unexpected side trip through the English countryside.

As a fellow photographer, your pictures are outstanding. Great composure and beautiful colors, do you ever turn on HDR (high dynamic range, for those of you wondering what that standards for) when taking pictures?

Anyway, best of luck to Iain and yourself for the rest of your journey and seeing Iain's family again!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Jim - I can't imagine you & Iain not finding the silver lining in any unexpected situation - you are always so positive and up beat.

This is one of real advantage of being retired and not have a set schedule e.g. WORK.    A slight bend of the road allowed us to discover the enchanted city of Lymington.    I had never even heard of it before but for some reason the listing on AirBnB drew me to this beautiful city and property 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Couldn't stand all this scone discussion anymore....a few minutes ago, texted my next door neighbor, who owns a bakery, to please make an order of gluten free orange cranberry scones (and I've been so good since New Years, too)!  If I'm going to fall off the no-pastry wagon, though, those are a darn good reason.  No cream available so will have to make do with Kerrygold. 

My goodness the Scones have gone viral.    Orange Cranberry sounds wonderful.   Hope you enjoyed them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, carolyn22 said:

My scones turned out very nice and were delicious with Kerrygold butter and strawberry jam. Of course, they would have been better with clotted cream! And now I’ll stop hijacking Jim’s thread and let him get back to his trip!

3B97F5CF-589B-423D-9489-9E202C2BF1C1.thumb.jpeg.4834546d41eac5c1e7289c6c0383bba5.jpeg

Carolyn -   Those look beautiful and I can almost smell them.   I think I can get you a job next door at the Cornish Bakery.   Ahhh.. the smells in the morning are wonderful.

• Like 3

So glad you’ve enjoyed your time in southern England. Your photos give such a good feel of England, and believe they may even have encouraged some of your fellow countrymen to stop awhile in the area when going to or from Southampton. 
looking forward to hearing all about your stay in Scotland, and send best wishes for the next part of your adventure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, boxkite said:

Jim, finally made it through all 89 pages and 2206 posts! Wow, glad both of you were able to get through the bumps in the road and make a positive (may not be best the word to use?) experience with your unexpected side trip through the English countryside.

As a fellow photographer, your pictures are outstanding. Great composure and beautiful colors, do you ever turn on HDR (high dynamic range, for those of you wondering what that standards for) when taking pictures?

Anyway, best of luck to Iain and yourself for the rest of your journey and seeing Iain's family again!

Good morning.    I'm laughing at myself as I had to Google to see what HDR was.   Oh....YES    I have it turned on.   LOL     I'm sure I did that on purpose.   Actually in the Photo Class I think he suggested it be turned on.    I often shoot in RAW mode as it give me much more control of the photo after I shoot the picture. 

Iain is a fast walker and I just snap away while walking of all types of things that catch my eye.   I probably later delete 50% of what I shoot.    While I enjoy composing a shot all to often I don't have the time to when I 'm running down the road trying to catch back up to him.

On my daily walks back home it is amazing how many little this I find to shoot that I had walked past for years.   Sometimes it's just the way the light hit something at that one short moment. 

• Like 7

Jim, looks like B2B testing has been cancelled. I read a post from someone on Edge who said this practice was cancelled yesterday. Now just to get Celebrity to agree to let COVID positive passengers isolated in there own cabins.

Enjoy your time with family and safe trip home.

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

Jim, looks like B2B testing has been cancelled. I read a post from someone on Edge who said this practice was cancelled yesterday. Now just to get Celebrity to agree to let COVID positive passengers isolated in there own cabins.

That is good news, RCL also canceled yesterday. Just a week late for Jim and Iain. I did see a post yesterday on FB that possibly Celebrity will be changing future quarantine cabins to the 6th decks with balconies. I hope this goes into effect by our cruise in August,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

That is good news, RCL also canceled yesterday. Just a week late for Jim and Iain. I did see a post yesterday on FB that possibly Celebrity will be changing future quarantine cabins to the 6th decks with balconies. I hope this goes into effect by our cruise in August,

Cabins with balconies on 6th deck would be wonderful…….hopefully before our cruise next week to Alaska. I am sure lots of people have already cancelled their cruise due to the above issues. We had flights, hotels all fully paid and really wanted to get back to cruising so will take all the precautions necessary to keep ourselves and others safe while on board.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

Cabins with balconies on 6th deck would be wonderful…….hopefully before our cruise next week to Alaska. I am sure lots of people have already cancelled their cruise due to the above issues. We had flights, hotels all fully paid and really wanted to get back to cruising so will take all the precautions necessary to keep ourselves and others safe while on board.

The post I read was from people being notified that they were notfied about being moved from their cabins on the 6th deck to ones on higher decks so that the 6th deck could be used for quarantine on their future cruise. I have not seen any confirmation from Celebrity about this other than one person posting a copy of the email from Celebrity he received. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The post I read was from people being notified that they were notfied about being moved from their cabins on the 6th deck to ones on higher decks so that the 6th deck could be used for quarantine on their future cruise. I have not seen any confirmation from Celebrity about this other than one person posting a copy of the email from Celebrity he received. 

So, they are going back to Status Quo- that was the prior arrangement.

Jim & Iain - wishing you a peaceful night tonight w/ great food & beverage & safe travels to Scotland tomorrow!!!

On the side topic - scones & clotted cream...
I printed both scone recipes last night & will bake those soon.
We do not have access to clotted cream - imagine that in Talkeetna 🙂

However, a friend brought back some imported lemon curd from Trader Joe's.

Now, I also need to determine how I'd like to use the lemon curd.

Edited by Von & John

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

So, they are going back to Status Quo- that was the prior arrangement.

On one particular ship for one particular sailing which may have had many unsold balcony cabins. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here based on a FB post.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Provence55always said:

I’m sure the cancellation of B2B testing will relieve a lot of anxiety we all went through.  

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I heard from someone that was in contact with Lisa’s office.   It seems there is no standard or requirement out of headquarters on where guests are moved.   The only requirement is to keep all passengers safe.  It is up to the Captain which floor he feels best for his ship and corporate has no intention of changing.  

• Like 1