Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes - Basket pickup from the Lawn Club.  the Video is 6 minutes long and taking a long time to upload.   Will see if it uploads or I may have to cut it down.

Screen shot of basket coming down. 52B10E66-07DE-4C41-B9BD-A2DEFFAF4B11.thumb.png.0295aa8b3cb4803ef129c429bf3356fe.png

AW101 Merlin alert helicopter from Support Aerodrome no. 3 in Porto Santo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BEAV said:

Is there a Beyond the Podium speaker program on your Transatlantic? 

Yes they have-

Celia Garland - Naturalist  (no not a nudist)  talks on Whales,  coral reefs and sea life.   Today's was Birds and Bees - The Weird World of Animal Reproduction    I've been watching them on the T V to avoid crowds.

They also had another speaker just once or twice that was an entertainer and talked bout working with Liberace etc.   He seemed to have drawn a big crowd.   I can't seem to find him in the daily

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, if those are half portions in Tuscan, I'd hate to see full portions!  I may have to give Tuscan one more try next week since it's included with my cabin.  I've never had good luck there.

Best wishes to the poor soul who is being medically evacuated.

Happy Easter!

Linda

For our last 3 visits, I moved away from steak into the pastas at Tuscan and have been very happy.

Just one suggestion, you may want to stay away from the Chicken Parmesan. Not only is it huge, but it was dry and tough.

Randy

Just now, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, if those are half portions in Tuscan, I'd hate to see full portions!  I may have to give Tuscan one more try next week since it's included with my cabin.  I've never had good luck there.

Happy Easter!

We had previously had mixed results with Tuscan but it was perfection and for a change decided to use the RS benefit .      On M-Class without Murano we usually don't bother .

Be interesting to see if different on next cruise with 2,200+ guests.

Just now, 39august said:

Jim, how was the veal marsalla? I have always gotten the filet, but since we are in a suite next cruise and there is filet available often in Luminae, I'd like to try something different. 

I have done much the same as you and usually order Lasagna.   I rarely order steak out because i can cook it far better than any restaurant.  I learned to cook in a French Restaurant and was taught well. 

The Veal Marsalla was 10+    It was two huge pieces and I could only eat one.  

I also order the soups and had never had them and the starter.     The Crab cake was goo but not great.   Soup is very recommendable.   

• Like 3

Best wishes to the patient and loved ones.

The Stokes basket comment made me smile. Hubby is a retired Fire Captain.

We are flying to Lisbon tomorrow, via CDG, landing Wednesday afternoon. I'll wave in the general direction of Southampton from the plane. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Previously had a question of Entertainment.    This was at the Captain's Club Toast  Believe it is Bryony Drake

Hi Jim

I asked the question,,do like those folk singer type singers in the Ensemble Lounge to accompany my whiskey tasting.😋

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes they have-

Celia Garland - Naturalist  (no not a nudist)  talks on Whales,  coral reefs and sea life.   Today's was Birds and Bees - The Weird World of Animal Reproduction    I've been watching them on the T V to avoid crowds.

They also had another speaker just once or twice that was an entertainer and talked bout working with Liberace etc.   He seemed to have drawn a big crowd.   I can't seem to find him in the daily

Thanks. I’m on Edge Transatlantic later this week and didn’t see any speakers listed in the app. But I’ll keep hope since there are a couple on your crossing. Beyond the Podium is a program we’ve much enjoyed on previous crossings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tiff2 said:

The basket they will lower is usually referred to  as a “Stokes Basket.” Just a random addition to conversation! The basket is used by Fire Departments for rescue and transport services. (Go NYFD!)

As a daughter of a NYC firefighter, it's always referred  to as FDNY & not NYFD.  They get cranky about wrong acronyms . Ladder 22/engine 76.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, you quite correct. We are a mixture of NYPD and FDNY and you just can’t take me anyplace! I feel like an embarrassment to the “family.” During what time span was Dad active……I’m talking a loooong time ago!

• Haha 3

Jim,  I would be interested in learning how Iain and you spend your time during days at sea.  Could you give us percentage of how you spend your waking hours?  Walking, reading, partaking in ship provided entertainment, chatting with other passengers, working, eating, etc.

I have been keeping track of your adventure and find it very interesting.

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Happy Easter!

Let us know what it's like. Didn't enjoy our last meal their either. Perhaps they've lifted their game?

Have you tried Sushi on Five/Raw on Five. From memory you may have said you're not fans if sushi. Findlay, aka him indoors, wasn't a fan either until he dined there. We had a fantastic waiter who helped with great suggestions. Great spot for lunch or a casual dinner. They did a too die for Japanese Tiramisu.

Happy is the man who gets Tempura 🍤 IMG_20190929_005959_371.thumb.jpg.7aa763a16944798958206903c90bad88.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Domenick Allen. A multi instrumentalist. Born in Glasgow but brought up in the USA and now lives in NYC. Chatted to him waiting for an Uber after our cruise last month at Port Everglades. Really nice chap. Likely done a couple of shows on the ship and gets involved in other entertainment.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0020451/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

Linda

For our last 3 visits, I moved away from steak into the pastas at Tuscan and have been very happy.

Just one suggestion, you may want to stay away from the Chicken Parmesan. Not only is it huge, but it was dry and tough.

Randy

Im usually full after the appetizer and huge salad..but always enjoy their coffee

On 4/14/2022 at 7:02 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Free Movies.  -  it was asked about free movies. Had to do multiple photos to grab them all

I enjoyed King Richard, No Time to Die, and Cry Macho on our cruise. 

Sorry I has been absent for a while.  Spent all of last week (Sunday - Saturday) traveling and attending work functions in Albuquerque, NM 

So many post to catch up on but you have done such a beautiful job of answering questions and commenting on conditions onboard I only wanted to make a reply to this one in case you have not taken advantage of the free movies. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

ETA 4:40 tomorrow all excursion have been cancelled. 

Got back to our room and found out some of the excursions have been rescheduled to leave at 4:30 ish and get back around 8:30 PM.    About 50% were cancelled including our excursion which was a small group tour.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes they have-

Discovered the other Beyond the Podium is Domenick Allen

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Jim

I asked the question,,do like those folk singer type singers in the Ensemble Lounge to accompany my whiskey tasting.😋

I have a couple more clips of the entertainers.   I especially thought it was unusual as a Cello Due were playing a high energy YMCA in the Foyer last night

Video upload is really bad.   The helicopter evacuation is still process since yesterday.

3 hours ago, BEAV said:

Thanks. I’m on Edge Transatlantic later this week and didn’t see any speakers listed in the app. But I’ll keep hope since there are a couple on your crossing. Beyond the Podium is a program we’ve much enjoyed on previous crossings. 

They put them under entertainment -  usually 10:30 and other at 11:30 if they have two

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redking said:

Have you tried Sushi on Five/Raw on Five. From memory you may have said you're not fans if sushi. Findlay, aka him indoors, wasn't a fan either until he dined there. We had a fantastic waiter who helped with great suggestions. Great spot for lunch or a casual dinner. They did a too die for Japanese Tiramisu.

Happy is the man who gets Tempura 🍤 IMG_20190929_005959_371.thumb.jpg.7aa763a16944798958206903c90bad88.jpg

I enjoy Sushi but haven't gone.   They had the Taj Dinner there last night -   Maybe 5 couples were in attendance.  

My father use to eat a a sushi place every night -  They use to take nice care of him and he usually had bowl of soup and a couple  California Rolls.

• Like 1

Just now, DaKahuna said:

I enjoyed King Richard, No Time to Die, and Cry Macho on our cruise. 

Sorry I has been absent for a while.  Spent all of last week (Sunday - Saturday) traveling and attending work functions in Albuquerque, NM 

So many post to catch up on but you have done such a beautiful job of answering questions and commenting on conditions onboard I only wanted to make a reply to this one in case you have not taken advantage of the free movies. 

Welcome back.   -    You would have had a hard time with working on this cruise.   We had one full day of no internet and it was down a bit this morning.