Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

6 minutes ago, jwlane said:

It looks like your screenshot is from the TA requirements page, vs. the sailings from Barcelona page.  They are different.

It's getting to a point you need a law degree to interpret the rapidly changing regulations and and variations according to countries visited.    Once the first couple Europeans Cruises take place things will be more clear as we read of the success and failures of various readings.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We’ve been loving following along with your thread.

Just waved our friends off this morning on their 5 hour drive to Southampton. I’m sure they’ll pretty much take up residence at the Martini bar once on board. 😉😉

Wednesday 

Today is testing day for B2B passengers.   We had an 8:25 slot.   You need to bring your Passport, QR cone in packet and Vax Card. 

The testing is being done by EuroFin

My tester must not have been given the memo as he went for a real deep swab.   Iain said his was just a regular nasal swab.

After the test we are instructed to return to our room and stay until we get a call in 30 to 40 minutes. 

It was done very professionally done and manage.

E99FADBA-332A-44D4-9FFA-A956BA974BC9.thumb.jpeg.a91201b436c146a3c69339d7236a538f.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, KW12346 said:

Hello Jim do you now the BSB arrangements for Southampton yet ?

Yes.   We had it yesterday.   I posted the instructions and information on message 1,100.  You have missed it.  

All guests and crew have to be cleared by UK Customs and Immigration which will be done on board in the Theater between 6:00 AM and must be completed by 8:30.  

The letter will detail all the other protocols depending on whether you are staying aboard or going ashore.   There is also a Transit Pass if going ashore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

It's getting to a point you need a law degree to interpret the rapidly changing regulations and and variations according to countries visited.    Once the first couple Europeans Cruises take place things will be more clear as we read of the success and failures of various readings.

Sounds like NZ. Need a PhD and superpowers to keep up to speed 🤣

Just now, rockraiders said:

Does X usually offer tours for b2bs on turnaround day? I’ll be on b2b with turnaround in Amsterdam. I would definitely take advantage of a tour if offered. 

I think it really depends on the cruise and the number of B2B's.   I know in the past they have had ones with lots of B2B passengers and on occasionally they were free.

Just now, upwarduk said:

You are getting closer.👍

From Cruise mapper:

3020A23C-2F4E-4984-A195-038EAEDAC66A.thumb.jpeg.2c0104712693950594ed7226dee967a7.jpeg

Seas have really calmed down this morning as we are coming out of the Bay of Biscay.   Winds are still strong and deck 5  has been closed for a couple day.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mystic Eye said:

How do we find out if it’s refundable OBC

On your accout (App, TV or hard copy from front desk) it is coded -

On the app showing

Obn-Obn Crredit pcp Non Refundable

or

If it has an R on the Code  will be Refundable.     I can't check mine as I once again had trouble with my Travel Agents Credit and it took 7 days to get sorted out.    I'm glad these 3 cruises i have booked are the last from her.   She screwed me by about 2,000 on my last cruise.

It is really strange that you have a great TA and suddenly they turn into a TA from H***.   Very short sighted on her part  as I have booked 14 cruise with my new agent.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, bluwes said:

We’ve been loving following along with your thread.

Just waved our friends off this morning on their 5 hour drive to Southampton. I’m sure they’ll pretty much take up residence at the Martini bar once on board. 😉😉

I am sure the dynamics of the next cruise will be really totally different than the current on with larger passenger load. 

Captain George just came on and said a couple more cases but still just slightly above 1%

• Like 2

NEGATIVE ON THE TESTS    So Chapter 2 of our Journey will begin tomorrow.

Now can we talk?  

Celebrity has retained their consistency of the Right Hand not Knowing What the Left is doing. 

We had out letter on B2B and Testing and a B2B Meeting as well as Being told at the Testing Sight.

Remain in your room after the test and we will call you in 35-40 minutes with your results  and your results will be sent to your room

15 minutes after the test I receive 2 emails -    Catch 22 -   When you click the link they ask for a Username and Password you created when you registered.   Only problem we never registered.  I tried my email and had them reset my password but it rejected the new logon.  

I called down to Retreat and the checked and confirmed we were negative.   I then asked "How do we get our test results".....     Duhhhh..  dead air .    Don't worry I will get it for you.

image.png.5eac79247261a7dd470551ede097d595.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Jim_Iain said:

”When you click the link they ask for a Username and Password you created when you registered.”

I remember having problems signing in with Eurofins last year.😱

I thought Celebrity had stopped using them.

At least; we can’t go to the local testing station, pre cruise, which was so convenient.

Quite a day tomorrow. 
The admin of Celebrity UK Community FB site is hoping to do an aerial filming of Beyond arriving, from 7 am.

Then it is Her Majesty, the Queen’s 96th birthday.

Windsor will be busy.🤔

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Jim_Iain said:

”When you click the link they ask for a Username and Password you created when you registered.”

At least; we can’t go to the local testing station, pre cruise, which was so convenient.

Quite a day tomorrow. 
The admin of Celebrity UK Community FB site is hoping to do an aerial filming of Beyond arriving, from 7 am.

Windsor will be busy.🤔

Eurofins closed all their local sites in the UK in March due to a lack of demand. Sainsbury's, Boots and Asda do them. We have opted for LocalPCR - expensive at £55 but results in 1 to 2 hours, they will come out to the car to test if you have mobility issues and for us just a 5 mile round trip.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

It's getting to a point you need a law degree to interpret the rapidly changing regulations 

We still trying to figure out what they want for the Apex TA on April 30 

The latest email from Celebrity states getting a test within 2 days so you would think if you got the test on April 28th you would be fine but no , it than states collecting has to be April 29th or April 30th 

😵💫

95EF56F0-375F-4F1F-8F9B-6F2B3FF97367.jpeg

Just now, upwarduk said:

Jim_Iain said:

Quite a day tomorrow. 

Windsor will be busy.🤔

That was the problem -    They never gave us a link to register and when I created one it was not linked to my test.    They just gave us a QR Code in our B2B Packet with nothing written.

Turned out to be no problem.   Retreat confirmed we were negative and then about 10 minutes later noticed our phone blinking and a message saying we had tested negative.     They delivered the Covid Certificates to our door -  So we are almost complete.

I have to check later to see if it make a difference.    The certificates say Nationality:  Germany

On Millennium we had to register and it gave us an appointment and time in Seattle even though we were in San Diego.  Again it didn't matter and you never used the registration. 

• Like 4

Just now, the penguins said:

Eurofins closed all their local sites in the UK in March due to a lack of demand. Sainsbury's, Boots and Asda do them. We have opted for LocalPCR - expensive at £55 but results in 1 to 2 hours, they will come out to the car to test if you have mobility issues and for us just a 5 mile round trip.

That sounds really convenient.    I still have a test at home that I booked at US 95.     My Son and his family tested positive and no appointments available for me.    I woke with a slight caught and was planning to go but then it went away.    They told me they didn't do refunds but I could use anytime without an appointment.   Oh well.... maybe I will use it for our Greenland cruise if still required.

Just now, Airbalancer said:

We still trying to figure out what they want for the Apex TA on April 30 

The latest email from Celebrity states getting a test within 2 days so you would think if you got the test on April 28th you would be fine but no , it than states collecting has to be April 29th or April 30th 

😵💫

95EF56F0-375F-4F1F-8F9B-6F2B3FF97367.jpeg

There are still many that insist they can show up tomorrow with a 2 day test.    I would do a 1 day test and be sure your covered either way.    Every country has its regulations but I read on another testing that they don't accept same day testing, but I believe it was an Italian Departure on RCL or another line.     About 200-300 people were denied boarding.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

There are still many that insist they can show up tomorrow with a 2 day test.    I would do a 1 day test and be sure your covered either way.    Every country has its regulations but I read on another testing that they don't accept same day testing, but I believe it was an Italian Departure on RCL or another line.     About 200-300 people were denied boarding.

We need a test to fly to the USA ( I can drive to the USA without testing ) which we will get on the 28th than take test with us and use AZOVA website https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/ in case we need another test 

I believe we get another 2 emails from Celebrity regarding this 

they just change the app to read 2 days for testing 🤔

Final Chic Night

Last night was a very festive night.   They pulled out the strings and entertainment everywhere on the ship and photography stations with many backgrounds.  A large percentage of the guest were dressed Chic and just felt festive. 

We were greeted by the beautiful Alena

BC0F18BA-CB1F-4A77-9210-6C48FB652F9B.thumb.jpeg.a16468e8abeb17c5259ff50600d43710.jpeg

1378331103_LastFormal-Lobster.thumb.jpg.ca2c176e6eef25dc2c9e9e85468176c2.jpg

1543174025_Luminae-Dessert_Page_07.thumb.jpg.88cecba415c53d1ce6fddfef676251c6.jpg

The second Lobster night and this time the Poached which looked much better than the other one.

Amuse Bouche

29778E73-65E4-4048-8356-06E9CF7B5360.thumb.jpeg.cb5424e0d16f55bf01e76b987a237f52.jpeg

Watermelon with Goat Cheese

Starters -

Iain had the Salmon  Rillutte and I didn't have one.   Our Butler brought a cheese platter early afternoon and I had a little too much.

Main Course -

Iain had the Poached Lobser

A695FA73-7EEB-4EEA-A91D-BC3464A3E111.thumb.jpeg.6bb866c4ac3b289fbdcb46ff5ab8e151.jpeg

I had the Rack of Lamb

D7EC7EB7-95CE-4640-B9B9-F444D701C1BA.thumb.jpeg.cdd1ffd8b7e597e0ba2f1ab6f50c9561.jpeg

After dinner they brought the Chocolate Palette  from the cart followed by Desert -

36FF77F7-B83B-413F-B9AC-01CB8D7BC067.thumb.jpeg.5924c613e9124557df02a05dc3a6ce7a.jpeg

F381D64A-C0BA-455D-9F15-D519C11FFBEB.thumb.jpeg.7924b788e00229465688ef5a37e36516.jpeg

I had the Chocolate Bar -   Very rich and quite large and I only ate 1/2 of it.  Iain skipped desert and had a Baileys 

2D4B9343-2AE0-4EC0-A9B8-8CDDB8623592.thumb.jpeg.84c87332b0832353e4ce5774538a2720.jpeg

We were pleasantly filled and went out to listen to music and cash out our remaking OBC

90B22DCC-FCDB-45CC-9A1F-22BB284A36CF.thumb.jpeg.eb4297c7db68381e631d1db6b0c6a341.jpeg

CA10C926-AD07-4BF4-8085-EA6A1C9BB16C.thumb.jpeg.1f85c071a16857a29355ddca3d42f7cd.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, Redking said:

@happy cruiser is your 52 nighter next year the Edge repositioning to Sydney? Interested to know why you think it will be cancelled? We just heard on the news here in NZ last night that the government still hasn't confirmed when cruising will recommence even though it already has in Australia. Embarrassing. They might have done a great job keeping us safe at the start of the pandemic but we are now really over it😡

I hope NZ opens up by 2024, we have a NZ cruise on the Edge in January 2024.

Edited by terrydtx

Just now, terrydtx said:

I hope so we have a NZ cruise on the Edge in January 2024.

We may be close by.    We booked 2 legs of Partial World cruise -  Singapore to Sydney and then to NZ.  I think we end just before Xmas.     I then booked the TP   Sydney to Hawaii and Vancouver.   Yours must be in between ours.    I figured I would buy a RT From Sydney to SFO  and use 1/2 of each cruise and buy a separate Flight to Singapore one way.    I'll have to play around with what they call an Open Jaw. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We may be close by.    We booked 2 legs of Partial World cruise -  Singapore to Sydney and then to NZ.  I think we end just before Xmas.     I then booked the TP   Sydney to Hawaii and Vancouver.   Yours must be in between ours.    I figured I would buy a RT From Sydney to SFO  and use 1/2 of each cruise and buy a separate Flight to Singapore one way.    I'll have to play around with what they call an Open Jaw. 

We will fly to SYD on Jan 9 for our Jan 13th NZ cruise followed by the Jan 25th  New Zealand cruise B2B. We will then probably spend at least another week doing more of Australia on our own. It is scary when RT flights for Jan 2023, we are using as reference for Jan 2024 flights, cost as much or more than our Sky Suites for Premium Economy and Business airfare. For next January Business class is anywhere from $8k to $12k RT per person. Premium Economy is from $3400-$4700 pp. Qantas has non stop service from Dallas to Sydney at about $14K pp. Compared to what we are paying for our BC flights to Italy this August at $2348pp we have sticker shock. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We will fly to SYD on Jan 9 for our Jan 13th NZ cruise followed by the Jan 25th  New Zealand cruise B2B. We will then probably spend at least another week doing more of Australia on our own. It is scary when RT flights for Jan 2023, we are using as reference for Jan 2024 flights, cost as much or more than our Sky Suites for Premium Economy and Business airfare. For next January Business class is anywhere from $8k to $12k RT per person. Premium Economy is from $3400-$4700 pp. Qantas has non stop service from Dallas to Sydney at about $14K pp. Compared to what we are paying for our BC flights to Italy this August at $2348pp we have sticker shock. 

You got a great deal on business class to Italy. It’s about $5k for us and Premium Economy was about $2500