No sandals?

5waldos

Looking further into my Celebrity app and see that when discussing evening wear they say- no sandals. Can this be true? I don't wear rubber flipflops but certainly had planned on wearing sandals at night. Seems like you can wear sneakers (or whatever they are called these days) but not sandals? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

On the phone app it says "no flip-flops, sandals, or shorts allowed during the evening dining hours."  

I’ve worn nice dressy shorts, you should do the same with dress sandals and see what happens 

25 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

On the phone app it says "no flip-flops, sandals, or shorts allowed during the evening dining hours."  

Where on the app is that?  I couldn’t find anything about dress codes.

Never mind, I found it.

Edited by Mark_K

23 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I’ve worn nice dressy shorts, you should do the same with dress sandals and see what happens 

Uh- I am rather sure that at this age I might just skip the shorts. A long skirt perhaps with sandals and I might flaunt the sandals? 

Alternately- the gorilla outfit might also work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

If that was enforced about a third of the women would not be allowed in the MDR.  The phone app has lots of things that are either out of date or worded poorly.

Neither my wife or I own a pair of closed toed shoes.  I have been a speaker at a convention wearing top hat and tails . . . and black leather Birkenstocks with black socks.  Nobody ever complained.

The one place sandals are not allowed unless you present a letter stating medical reason why you cannot wear closed toed shoes is the exercise room.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The one place sandals are not allowed unless you present a letter stating medical reason why you cannot wear closed toed shoes is the exercise room.

The ship tour on Edge required close-toed shoes. And they enforced it because we were in areas where open-toed shoes were dangerous. I saw at least one person sent back to put on proper footwear.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

...  I have been a speaker at a convention wearing top hat and tails . . . and black leather Birkenstocks with black socks.  Nobody ever complained.

😜Makes me feel better about son and husband wearing plain black sneakers! The image of a top hat and birkenstock is ....  well, you should have sent the company a picture- would have made a wonderful advertisement!

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The ship tour on Edge required close-toed shoes. And they enforced it because we were in areas where open-toed shoes were dangerous. I saw at least one person sent back to put on proper footwear.

And to expand slightly -- when on the heli-pad closed toe shoes are required.  I've also observed folks being denied access to the heli-pad while wearing open toe sandals.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

Looking further into my Celebrity app and see that when discussing evening wear they say- no sandals. Can this be true? I don't wear rubber flipflops but certainly had planned on wearing sandals at night. Seems like you can wear sneakers (or whatever they are called these days) but not sandals? 

I wear sandals (not flip flops) every night and it is no problem.  So do many many others.  The wording must be weird on the phone app. (And there are many who never look at the phone app and use the website for information exclusively).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peteymil said:

I wear sandals (not flip flops) every night and it is no problem.  So do many many others.  The wording must be weird on the phone app. (And there are many who never look at the phone app and use the website for information exclusively).

Not weird- "no flip-flops, sandals, or shorts allowed during the evening dining hours."  Hard to misinterpret that. But, I doubt that anyone pays any attention to it- if you want to wear sandals you wear sandals. And I can't imagine anyone onboard faulting you for it. 

It has been my experience that Celebrity could use a really good editor for both their online information and their phone app. Both need a very thorough cleansing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That is the ship tour which is different.  

As I get older and can't remember what I had for dinner last night, I can vividly remember completely irrelevant internet threads from probably 3 1/2 to 4 years ago. In this case regarding "sandals".

Someone had been stopped at the door for an Elite event because she was wearing what she described basically as an open toed strapless heel that the host decided to declare a sandal. It probably turned into a 20 page thread...

Those were the days!