Did the Constellation get revolutionized? (anyone sailed her recently?)

KKB

When I Google it, it appears it has...but Celebrity's site seems to show it hasn't.

I would normally trust the direct source...but not 100% sure.

I do not believe so.  It's last confirmed refurb was 2013.  It was scheduled for the "Celebrity Revolution" refurb on May 1, 2020.  But I'm pretty certain the pandemic postponed that.  The best I can find is that it is planned for a full refurb "in the near future".  (Along with other ships whose scheduled refurbs were postponed).  Perhaps someone else can confirm or update.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No not revolutionized .  It did get some new carpet and furnishings.  This question gets asked almost weekly

I guess the issue is so many of the RCI family of ships with both RCCL and Celebrity had their planned refurbs of the recent two years postponed that it becomes a fluid topic of which ones were done, which were not, and when are they planned to be. 

Not likely even RCI has a firm vision of this as there are a lot of moving parts with shipyards and materials - not to ,mention budgets - that it will be a question asked with many ships for a while to come.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Was on it last Nov - Dec

‘Some areas were upgraded.  Thankfully Micheal’s, (Retreat Lounge) hasn’t changed.  It still has the  wood walls and leather chairs.  Not the Ikea furniture that was made for some youth center.  

The week before we were on the Summit in a SS.  That cabin was ruined by the Kelly style that some idiot at X approved.  

The SS on the Constellation still had the nice walk in closets and decent balcony furniture, plus more storage, and still had  the shelves in the bathroom.  Also a chair that fit under the desk.  

The photos shows our balcony furniture on the Summit for our SS and also a photo of the drawer depth.   Good for a small book

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

FA60097A-48CA-4548-B268-8309B5AA47AE.jpeg

9D45A01F-4B5A-476B-A678-69C325F4C43F.jpeg

In my view, Constellation and Infinity were scheduled to be transferred to Pullmantur, but when Pullmantur dissolved the company, that put the kibosh on that.

Not sure what Celebrity's plans are for Constellation and Infinity.  I would guess they aren't a part of Celebrity's long-term plans, as I would be surprised if they sink a lot of money into those ships after already revolutionizing Summit and Millennium.  Spending many millions on 4 very old ships doesn't make a lot of sense, so at some point I wouldn't be shocked to get rid of them.

Edited by Stockjock

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

In my view, Constellation and Infinity were scheduled to be transferred to Pullmantur, but when Pullmantur dissolved the company, that put the kibosh on that.

Not sure what Celebrity's plans are for Constellation and Infinity.  I would guess they aren't a part of Celebrity's long-term plans, as I would be surprised if they sink a lot of money into those ships after already revolutionizing Summit and Millennium.  Spending many millions on 4 very old ships doesn't make a lot of sense, so at some point I wouldn't be shocked to get rid of them.

It’s difficult to predict their strategy. The Connie mostly sails from Tampa because it’s one of the few ships that can fit under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. I don’t know what is going to happen with cruises to Cuba in the future but Havana Harbor is pretty small and I know the large ships are way to big for those cruises. We’ve also sailed her to St. Barts which can’t accommodate large ships either. 

• Like 1