Anyone out there on REGAL now (Spring 2022) in Mediterranean area?

Steelers36

I am wondering if anyone who is on REGAL now is checking in here on Cruise Critic as I have some questions:

DINING & DMW               (for folks not in Club Class)

1. Did you attempt to book dining using DMW in MC App pre-cruise?

2. If so, were you booking individual nights, or all nights for full voyage for Same Time/Table/Waiters?

3. Were you successful in booking something pre-cruise?  Was it Sharing or Private?  If Private, did you have to accept Split Table for 1+ evenings?

4. Size of your dining party and is it from your cabin and at least one other?  Or just you?

5. Were you looking for a Traditional Dining experience (Same Time/Table/Waiters) for the full voyage - either early times or later times?

6. Pre-cruise, were you offered anything other than Concerto DR (Deck 6 Mid-Ship)?  If so, when was the additional DR('s) added?

7. Did you find once on the ship that you got the time and DR that you had booked in DMW?

8. If you wanted same table for entire voyage, did you have to speak with DR Mgmt to get your DMW assignments corrected?  How did that go?

9. How many DR's are in operation right now?  ( I realize it is early in the season, so the ship is probably not sold out).

10. Are you on a single voyage or sailing multiple as in B2B2.....?

OTHER

1. Who is the Maitre D' or Director, Restaurant Operations on Regal?  Any assistant your might be aware of?

2. CD and ED?

3. Captain?

4. Are you someone who looks to book Winemaker's Dinner or Chef's Table?

EXCURSIONS

1. Are your ports of call open for you to tour on your own or with another provider?

2. Any special provisions/requirements at any of the ports?

Thanks!

There have been a few posts from people on board in the March 26 Roll Call forum. You might have some success if you ask there. Sounds like they missed two ports already, Gibraltar (went to Malaga instead) and Livorno (went directly from Genoa to Civitavecchia?).  

3 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

There have been a few posts from people on board in the March 26 Roll Call forum. You might have some success if you ask there. Sounds like they missed two ports already, Gibraltar (went to Malaga instead) and Livorno (went directly from Genoa to Civitavecchia?).  

I glanced at a couple of them when I was posting.  I have never thought of a RC thread morphing into a "Live From".  Yes, it may help, but this thread may also attract attention from a CC poster who is soon going on Regal.

BTW, I heard Nicola Furlan began as DRO, but not sure how long he is on board. 

I’m boarding in Athens on Saturday so will try to answer some of these for you. 

I have pre-booked dining via the Medallion app. Both Allegro and Concerto were options so I’ve booked alternates each evening. Booked private tables, just for me, at varying times. 

Will try to remember to answer your other questions once I’ve boarded and let you know how it goes!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jellifer said:

I’m boarding in Athens on Saturday so will try to answer some of these for you. 

I have pre-booked dining via the Medallion app. Both Allegro and Concerto were options so I’ve booked alternates each evening. Booked private tables, just for me, at varying times. 

Will try to remember to answer your other questions once I’ve boarded and let you know how it goes!

Thanks much!  Looks like you are a single cruiser and booked individual evenings.  I did expect to see at least two DR's close to sail date.  I wonder when the second one appeared (but you may not know which is fine).

• 2 weeks later...

Ports all open for self exploration. Italy requires N95 masks to be worn which are provided in your cabin. 

Hopefully attached is a pic of the staff list. 

Let me know if you have any other burning questions. We are currently in Naples waiting for clearance to leave the ship… it’s taken nearly an hour so far and just had an announcement that it could be another 30mins.  

9334ED16-C8A2-4001-91C4-297159B44FCB.jpeg

40251963-4DF9-4E9A-8967-E71221FC041E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 7:45 PM, Steelers36 said:

Thanks much!  Looks like you are a single cruiser and booked individual evenings.  I did expect to see at least two DR's close to sail date.  I wonder when the second one appeared (but you may not know which is fine).

I just got off the Regal Sat. in Athens after spending 28 days (from FLL) and all 3 dining rooms were open the entire time.  As I recall, one of the dining rooms was mainly for club class.  We ate in the aft dining room on 6 and had the same table every night.  I did not make ressies for it.  The weather was horrible when we got across to Spain.  Very high winds, cold and rainy.  We missed quite a few ports due to high winds until we got to Naples.  Then the weather was lovely.  I did not make any reservations for anything pre-cruise but if there is anything else I can answer, will be glad to.

Judy from SW Florida

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

I just got off the Regal Sat. in Athens after spending 28 days (from FLL) and all 3 dining rooms were open the entire time.  As I recall, one of the dining rooms was mainly for club class.  We ate in the aft dining room on 6 and had the same table every night.  I did not make ressies for it.  The weather was horrible when we got across to Spain.  Very high winds, cold and rainy.  We missed quite a few ports due to high winds until we got to Naples.  Then the weather was lovely.  I did not make any reservations for anything pre-cruise but if there is anything else I can answer, will be glad to.

Judy from SW Florida

Hope you had a great cruise despite the weather.

Did you book your cruise as a 28 night cruise or as back to backs.  I have booked a 21 night cruise and wondering whether, as it is made up of three 7 night cruises, I will have to go through the procedure of boarding at each 7 night cruise.

Were films shown only on the big outdoor screen or indoors too?

Were the menus repeated every 7 days?

What was the entertainment and was that also repeated every 7 nights?  What were the times for the theatre?

Was there any daytime activities planned for seadays apart from quizes and bingo?

Who were the guest speakers?

Do you have to book for Alfredos or just turn up?

Was there a salad bar in the Horizon buffet?

Thank you for any help you can give.

5 minutes ago, lynn2002 said:

Hope you had a great cruise despite the weather.

Did you book your cruise as a 28 night cruise or as back to backs.  I have booked a 21 night cruise and wondering whether, as it is made up of three 7 night cruises, I will have to go through the procedure of boarding at each 7 night cruise.

Were films shown only on the big outdoor screen or indoors too?

Were the menus repeated every 7 days?

What was the entertainment and was that also repeated every 7 nights?  What were the times for the theatre?

Was there any daytime activities planned for seadays apart from quizes and bingo?

Who were the guest speakers?

Do you have to book for Alfredos or just turn up?

Was there a salad bar in the Horizon buffet?

Thank you for any help you can give.

We booked it as a 21 day to Rome and then added a 7 day to Athens.  Never had to get off ship for the different segments but the room steward came to our rooms a day before each segment and gave us a covid test.People getting off and flying home immediately got a test as well for their flight home.  Not much "Movie Under the Stars" since they had the decks blocked off from a western Med. storm that seemed to follow us almost to Naples.  Yes, a salad bar in buffett but nothing was self-serve up there.  Just walk into Alfredos, no reservations needed and it was delicious.  Yes, shows were repeated and both were excellent:  Bravo and Motown Experience that showed at 8pm and 10pm.  Menus were repeated with different variations.  Not a lot of activities because many were outside and the weather was just horrendous.  LOL.  I didn't notice too many movies shown in the theater but I may have not been paying that much attention.  LOL  Despite the weather, we had a great time on the cruise.  As far as covid on the ship, not much mask-wearing after the first few days.  Grrrr.  We were on Dolphin deck, starboard and we noticed port side from mid ship forward, was closed off for covid patients and about half way thru the cruise, the remainder of port side was also locked off so from that, I must assume there were quite a few cases.  I and my husband are feeling non-well now even though we tested negative for our flight home.  Today, I am going to self-test and see if it is serious.  All the crew always wore masks but about 75% didn't, not even in the crowded Princess Live or the theater, where it was recommended.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

Judy from SW Florida

How long did it take you to disembark in Athens?  I have a 9:45 am domestic flight from Athens airport when I get off the Regal in October and was wondering if I should change it.  Our arrival time is listed as 4:00 am but I know that isn't when people can actually leave.

My understanding is that Regal will be in dry dock for two weeks after its current cruise and returns to service on 7 May.

Anyone know what work is planned during the refit other than a hull respray?

22 hours ago, vjmatty said:

How long did it take you to disembark in Athens?  I have a 9:45 am domestic flight from Athens airport when I get off the Regal in October and was wondering if I should change it.  Our arrival time is listed as 4:00 am but I know that isn't when people can actually leave.

It wasn't difficult to disembark in Athens but since we had a tour, we stayed on until about 8:30am.  Seems like people were getting off much earlier than that though but I can't say for sure.  Sorry

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RNRcruisers said:

@JemnibabeBrings back our January cruise on Regal. I would love to sail the Mediterranean on her. 

We also loved Alfredo's, delicious pizza.

Sorry to hear about the mask wearing. Hope you and DH stay healthy.

Thank you but unfortunately, hubby and I both tested positive right after returning home and we had been very vigilant in the mask wearing.  Unfortunately, others aren't and sometimes we pay the price.  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

Thank you but unfortunately, hubby and I both tested positive right after returning home and we had been very vigilant in the mask wearing.  Unfortunately, others aren't and sometimes we pay the price.  LOL

Oh no, sorry to hear that. 

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

I hope you both feel better soon!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

I just got my 2nd booster but am curious for those that test positive. Do you have any symptoms? I am worried about our upcoming cruise on Regal next month. Not so much about testing positive, but being quarantined and not being sick.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Married15 said:

I just got my 2nd booster but am curious for those that test positive. Do you have any symptoms? I am worried about our upcoming cruise on Regal next month. Not so much about testing positive, but being quarantined and not being sick.  

Boostered and vaxxed but with immune issues so was extremely careful with masking but I think I caught it on a tour right at the end of our 30 day cruise.  My husband has some coughing and very tired but I must admit, covid knocked me on my behind.  Extreme sore throat and cough and very weak.  Today is 5 days and I surely would not have wanted to get quarantined on the Regal.  Apparently they had very slow room service and was not what anyone had expected.  If you feel anything related to a head cold, could be the first sign.  

• Like 2