Back to back cruises

Sixcruiser

Cruise mostly celebrity and love them! Never been on a b2b but maybe want to someday. Is there a savings? And what's the most economical way to organize it via TA to get all the benefits? 

Hopefully it not like the same cost of just booking 2 individually just b2b?

Thanks for your thoughts and expertise!

14 minutes ago, Sixcruiser said:

Cruise mostly celebrity and love them! Never been on a b2b but maybe want to someday. Is there a savings? And what's the most economical way to organize it via TA to get all the benefits? 

Hopefully it not like the same cost of just booking 2 individually just b2b?

Thanks for your thoughts and expertise!

Yes. You save $100 once the bookings are linked.Your TA can haave them linked for you.

Image.png

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

You get a $100 OBC for a B2B.    You can either book yourself, via an agent to call celebrity.  

Wait, what?  Please elaborate.  I am on a B2B next week, but one was booked with my TA, and one I booked direct with Celebrity.  Is it still possible to link them, and get the $100OBC?   

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You get a $100 OBC for a B2B.    You can either book yourself, via an agent to call celebrity.  

Jim,

I don't think this is correct for all cruises.  At least for non-suite cruises I think the discount is $50 for shorter cruises.  I think the definition of shorter cruises is 9 days or less.  $100 is for longer cruises.  Maybe it's different for suites.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

I am on a back to back next week.  They are 2 7 day cruises. I got $50.00 off the price of the cruise each week. I know on the 7 days you get $50.00 off the cabin each week. I have done several back to backs.

9 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Wait, what?  Please elaborate.  I am on a B2B next week, but one was booked with my TA, and one I booked direct with Celebrity.  Is it still possible to link them, and get the $100OBC?   

I assume you can still get it done.  On our B2B starting in three weeks, we have the two cruises booked through two different TAs.  We just had to submit the request for both, and it was honored for both cruises.  We used the email method, and provided the ship name and dates, and the booking numbers, and a heavily redacted page from our investment account.  I think we noticed the credit come through in about two days.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

For our August B2B cruises, each invoice shows a $100 discount. Each cruise is 12 nights for a total of 24 nights.  I had to call to get the discount added after the cruises were booked. I was told that it would show up after a month when the computer updated the reservation.  I called to request a new invoice after 30 days, and the discount was there.

Edited by Glendakayself

I learn something new every day!

I booked leg 1 (Reflection/Thanksgiving) while onboard a few weeks ago - using a Blue Chip promo. A couple weeks later I called the Blue Chip folks --- about an hour on hold -- and added the next week.

I suppose I'll just email them about this, even though I still have unanswered emails from them dating back 4+ months. Perhaps over the weekend I'll call and let the phone sit on hold until they answer.

Tom

6 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I learn something new every day!

I booked leg 1 (Reflection/Thanksgiving) while onboard a few weeks ago - using a Blue Chip promo. A couple weeks later I called the Blue Chip folks --- about an hour on hold -- and added the next week.

I suppose I'll just email them about this, even though I still have unanswered emails from them dating back 4+ months. Perhaps over the weekend I'll call and let the phone sit on hold until they answer.

Tom

Are you sure the B2B discount applies to Blue Chip promo cruises?

12 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Are you sure the B2B discount applies to Blue Chip promo cruises?

I haven't a clue. Everything I know about this discount I learned here.  🙂

Generally though, the Blue Chip folks have been pretty generous with discounts. 

Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I haven't a clue. Everything I know about this discount I learned here.  🙂

Generally though, the Blue Chip folks have been pretty generous with discounts. 

Tom

I have seen a flyer that says the B2B discount doesn't apply to incentive or promotional rates.  I don't know if the Blue Chip program falls into one of those categories.

2 hours ago, TFree said:

I assume you can still get it done.  On our B2B starting in three weeks, we have the two cruises booked through two different TAs.  We just had to submit the request for both, and it was honored for both cruises.  We used the email method, and provided the ship name and dates, and the booking numbers, and a heavily redacted page from our investment account.  I think we noticed the credit come through in about two days.

Tom & Judy

Where would i go to find the email to handle this?  or should I call?  What would I request if I do call?  I keep learning things about Celebrity, which is good.  Thank you in advance for this info.

7 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Where would i go to find the email to handle this?  or should I call?  What would I request if I do call?  I keep learning things about Celebrity, which is good.  Thank you in advance for this info.

Send it to: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.  It doesn't have to be elaborate.  Here is a redacted version of what I sent them:

Dear Shareholder Benefit Office:

I am writing to request the shareholder benefit for two cruises sailing in the next 2 months.

Cruise No. 1

Celebrity ***, [Date and Description]

Booking Number *******

See [Investment Account] statement excerpt, attached.

Cruise No. 2

Celebrity ***, [Date and Description]

Booking Number *******

See [Investment Account] statement excerpt, attached

Followed by our full names and Captain's Club numbers.

Tom & Judy

27 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I have seen a flyer that says the B2B discount doesn't apply to incentive or promotional rates.  I don't know if the Blue Chip program falls into one of those categories.

I think the same thing is said as far as receiving loyalty points, and we've always been awarded those. Across different lines I don't think I've ever had a free/discounted/promo cruise denied OBC from booking incentives, military appreciation, or shareholder's credit.

Fingers crossed !

Tom

17 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I think the same thing is said as far as receiving loyalty points, and we've always been awarded those. Across different lines I don't think I've ever had a free/discounted/promo cruise denied OBC from booking incentives, military appreciation, or shareholder's credit.

Fingers crossed !

Tom

Good Luck.  Let us know if it works.

8 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Jim,

I don't think this is correct for all cruises.  At least for non-suite cruises I think the discount is $50 for shorter cruises.  I think the definition of shorter cruises is 9 days or less.  $100 is for longer cruises.  Maybe it's different for suites.

That is correct.  we have $100 for the 14 day and $50 for a 4 day.  i think it is $50 for 7 days or less.

23 hours ago, TFree said:

Send it to: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.  It doesn't have to be elaborate.  

Somehow I think things got mixed up with my question.  I was not asking about shareholder benefit, I was wondering about an OBC for booking a B2B.  Is this OBC only for those with RCCL stock shares, or is it something anyone can do?   From Jim_Ian and MamaFej's posts it seems that it was just a linking of the bookings OBC perk 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Somehow I think things got mixed up with my question.  I was not asking about shareholder benefit, I was wondering about an OBC for booking a B2B.  Is this OBC only for those with RCCL stock shares, or is it something anyone can do?   From Jim_Ian and MamaFej's posts it seems that it was just a linking of the bookings OBC perk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes, you need to call X or your TA to arrange.

bon voayge

• Like 1

Regarding B2B's -- with the shareholder's OBC, that would be $100 for a 7-nt sailing. With a B2B, that's considered two separate 7-nt sailings (thus, $100 each) as opposed to $250 for a 14-nt, correct?

Tom

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Regarding B2B's -- with the shareholder's OBC, that would be $100 for a 7-nt sailing. With a B2B, that's considered two separate 7-nt sailings (thus, $100 each) as opposed to $250 for a 14-nt, correct?

Tom

I think that's correct. I have a 13 night B2B with a 10 night next month. We got $100 SH OBC for each.