Trays in the buffet

Geoffa30

Trays in the buffet  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Has Princess ever provided trays in the buffet?

• Yes, trays were available previously.
    • No, trays weren’t available previously.

22 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Did Princess provide trays in the buffet prior to Covid?

Just before the Covid shutdown? No.

They used to have them, but stopped providing them a number of years ago. Saved them money. No purchase costs. No need to wash after use.

If you need a tray, order something (that is free) from room service and keep the room service tray in your cabin to bring to the buffet when you need to.

They also used to use large oval platters in the buffet, but have stopping using them also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

The wait staff has always brought drinks to my table, have not had to walk up and get it myself.  

Pre-Covid you could also go to a beverage station and get your own water, coffee, juice.

Post Covid so far, crew must serve you the beverages.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 10:59 AM, FlaMariner said:

Never mind the tray, we had the hardest time queuing up or waiting for iced tea, water and silverware. Though dehydration would set in trying to get the iced tea.  LOL. 

The buffet was abysmal as compared to what we were accustomed to on another line. 

Those who have cruised Princess many time now find the buffet abysmal as well. It wasn't always the way it is now. It has changed due to Covid and Princess doesn't seem to know how to handle it well.

• Like 1

Just a thought.  Not making a judgement.  But how sanitary would a used tray be if one is unable to wash them between trips to the buffet?  

Doesn’t much matter to me since I do not frequent the buffet.  

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just a thought.  Not making a judgement.  But how sanitary would a used tray be if one is unable to wash them between trips to the buffet?  

One is able to wash a tray in the stateroom, just not steam clean or whatever Princess does to clean the trays.

But the question is how many people would wash them before using them again in the buffet?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Roadpossum said:

To my knowledge, Princess has never had trays - Carnival, yes... but not Princess.  Always the oval plates...

We started cruising with Princess in 2001 and I can never remember seeing trays at the buffet.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

One is able to wash a tray in the stateroom, just not steam clean or whatever Princess does to clean the trays.

But the question is how many people would wash them before using them again in the buffet?

leave the tray on your table - get food - bring back to table and put on tray - I 'guess' the contamination would be from the bottom of the tray and the table top

2 hours ago, KruzPrincess said:

They haven’t had trays for several years, but they had platters. You could put a couple things on the patter, but it wasn’t big enough to carry food and a drink. Maybe people who recall a tray are thinking of the platters. 

Nope.

I would put my platter on a tray when they still had trays.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:51 AM, FlaMariner said:

We were on the Sky Princess TA 3/12 thru 3/28.....

At the lido, the wait staff would bring your drinks once they saw you and could get to you.  And we learned at breakfast to ask for two orange juices because they use shot glasses for that. 

You could also go to the beverage station area and ask for your iced tea or coffee.  And that was what we would do if we did not want to wait or if we were heading to the deck chairs and wanted to take a drink w/us.

Thank you for your feedback

On 4/9/2022 at 12:47 PM, Dunk said:

40 Princess cruises since 1990. Never a tray in the buffet. 

All my Princess cruises were after 1990.

From the start of my cruising on Princess, they had trays in the buffet as you walked into the serving area. I do not remember when they stopped supplying them, but is was more thansseveral  years ago.