How long until you leave for your Viking cruise?

millybess

• millybess changed the title to How long until you leave for your Viking cruise?

We fly out June 30 for cruise that starts July 6, so 85 days as of today (April 6). We booked in April 2019 for July 2021 and it was canceled by VOC in April 2021. We rescheduled for this July and used the voucher for some upgrades.

We are excited for our first VOC (previously did VRCs) - actually our first ever ocean cruise! Fairly experienced traveler, but novice ocean cruiser - I have learned a lot on these VOC boards - thank you!

• Like 2

I suppose it depends. Ideally we would like to see:

--- No pre-cruise test requirement

--- No mask on flights

--- No mask aboard ship

--- No daily testing

What are the chances? Is there such a thing as being overly desperate to cruise?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duquephart said:

I suppose it depends. Ideally we would like to see:

--- No pre-cruise test requirement

--- No mask on flights

--- No mask aboard ship

--- No daily testing

What are the chances? Is there such a thing as being overly desperate to cruise?

Be careful what you wish for.  We still have to test negative before returning to the US.

I have a feeling that IF TSA drops mask mandates on the 18th, the US will also stop the entry tests…I think the US is slightly behind the majority of other countries.  I’m leaving on 4/24, so tomorrow (4/8), I’m going to make my pre-travel test appointment at CVS…if on Monday (4/18), that rule is dropped and Viking also drops the requirement, I will cancel my appointment.

7 months, 8 days and 10 hrs before we arrive at YVR for flights to UK, to spend a couple of weeks.

Dec 6th, flights to Madrid for the 2-day extension, prior to the Trans-Atlantic, followed by a couple of weeks at home before re-boarding Neptune in San Pedro on 8th Jan, for the WC & UK/Scandinavia.

3 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

118 days till River/ocean combo….Paris/Normandy and British Isles…only 18 days until Grand European River…I’m so excited I can hardly stand it!

Don't miss a Weltenburger Dunkel in Regensburg.

Chat rep. at MVJ confirms within 72 hours of first Viking activity. In other words we could be tested on the 17th or 18th in my example above even though we do not board until the 22nd. I wonder if all reps are on the same page in this regard.

8 minutes ago, Let Me Travel! said:

What is that? Please share!

A great award winning beer brewed at Kloster Weltenburg, the Abbey at Weltenburg in the Danube Gorge near Kelheim. The oldest monastary brewery on the planet. They've been brewing their Weltenburger Kloster Barock Dunkel for over a thousand years. Delicious! Order a dunkelbier at the Rathaus in Regensburg and that's what you'll get. Their doppelbock is world class. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, austinetc said:

We'll be getting off the ship as you get on!

Almost like you should park at our place (assuming flying in and out of LAX) and we drive your car to the airport and it would be waiting for you on your return 

• Haha 1