Meet and Mingle

The meet and mingles are still paused. There have been some people who have been able to sign up over the last two years even though they were not being held; I am sure many people have found that confusing. I would’ve thought they would have started back now that most everything has reverted to pre-pandemic status on the ships, but they have not as yet. 😕 I miss them!

we will be on Symphony on the 16th and during the week I plan on trying to get with the concierge to see if we can figure out what might be happening with those. 

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

I managed to sign up for both my upcoming cruises, 7th May on Odyssey from Rome and 23rd September on Anthem from Southampton. I don't know if the fact that they are in Europe has any bearing but will soon find out, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

I got the message they are still suspended. I'm on your 4/30 enchantment. On the other face site they is a general meet at the r bar at 1 pm

Do NOT reference the other site or else they will delete your postings!!!!!!

Just now, FionaMG said:

I managed to sign up for both my upcoming cruises, 7th May on Odyssey from Rome and 23rd September on Anthem from Southampton. I don't know if the fact that they are in Europe has any bearing but will soon find out, I guess.

It seems like only the UK link will allow you to sign up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Oxo said:

It seems like only the UK link will allow you to sign up. 

Funny you should say that because I managed to sign up for the Odyssey one without it being the UK link but when I went back to the same link to sign up for my Anthem cruise, I couldn't get it to work.

Then someone gave me the UK link and it still wouldn't work UNTIL I happened to actually be IN the UK last week and tried it then. Lo and behold! The wonders of technology and Royal's IT! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Hi Fiona 🙂. The RCCL site FAQ is still showing that they are paused 😿 It seems likely that the person who forwarded it over to the FAQ at the .com site did not remember to do it for the .uk site. I so hope that all changes soon!

Edited by AlohaLivin

2 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Hi Fiona 🙂  Our last cruise it let us sign up, but the SL concierge  phoned the activities director about it and he was assured that they not back up and running. The RCCL site FAQ is still showing that they are paused 😿 I so hope that changes soon!

Hi Lynn. 🙂  I hope so too. Fingers crossed. 🤞

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzygully said:

There is a 5/5/22 Enchantment discussion started that mentions meet & mingle. It’s title is “May 5, 2022 - Enchantment- Who’s joining”.

I haven't checked that, but if it is on CC then it would be a Roll Call, and they still are active.  Someone on that RC may in fact also be suggest wanting to set up a M&M, but the formal M&M's are still paused - at least up to current sailings.  Anyone wishing to set one up would be doing so individually as just a meeting with others interested on board - it would not be a formal CC / RCCL M&M.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

12 minutes ago, theflowersmith said:

I'm hoping for a Meet and Mingle on Allure's April 30th sailing.

I don't think that is likely.  You would have to be signing up through your Roll Call on the CC / RCCL M&M log in site, which I don't think is activated.   And if it was, you will need 25 confirmed sign ups to qualify.  CC / RCCL will then send you a confirming email as to the time and location. They don't just happen on their own on every ship.  We are sailing tomorrow on Anthem - only a couple of weeks ahead of you - and there is no M&M on that sailing as they are still paused by RCCL.

What you likely will end up with if there are interested people on your ship will be an informal meeting set up by yourselves (maybe via FB) somewhere on board.  But it will not be formally supported by RCCL on board.

Not trying to be negative - just stating the situation with the M&M's since the restart.

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

There are over 50 signed up for the m&m on voyager’s  first sailing next week - and we’ve received the email saying we’ve hit the 25 requirements… whether it happens or not… anyones guess 🤷‍♀️

We're on Voyager in August, so I hope so too.

43 minutes ago, little britain said:

There are over 50 signed up for the m&m on voyager’s  first sailing next week - and we’ve received the email saying we’ve hit the 25 requirements… whether it happens or not… anyones guess 🤷‍♀️

Interesting because as per the attached link the registration is still paused for RCCL.  The roll calls for two upcoming cruises we have booked are not able to access the sign up link.

If your M&M is not privately set up (as through FB or just a group on the roll call) and you are getting an email from RCCL with a time a place, then that's good - I guess they are starting to release the pause on some ships.

Here's the link indicating they are still on pause - as stated at the top of the right hand column:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/meet-mingle/main/

• Thanks 1

I don't know how many are signed up but I received a confirmation email saying we'd reached the 25 people minimum for our Odyssey sailing on the 7th of May. We'll find out soon enough, I guess. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

If your M&M is not privately set up (as through FB or just a group on the roll call) and you are getting an email from RCCL with a time a place, then that's good - I guess they are starting to release the pause on some ships.

Ever since the restart the M&M sign up has been on automatic pilot (including sending confirmation when the sign up gets to 25 people) but nothing happens on the ship. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Interesting because as per the attached link the registration is still paused for RCCL.  The roll calls for two upcoming cruises we have booked are not able to access the sign up link.

Here's the link indicating they are still on pause - as stated at the top of the right hand column:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/meet-mingle/main/

I would check and see if the M & M registration was done on the UK Royal website.  If that is the case, it will mostly likely not be recognized by the cruise ship.

On 4/9/2022 at 4:29 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

I don't think that is likely.  You would have to be signing up through your Roll Call on the CC / RCCL M&M log in site, which I don't think is activated.   And if it was, you will need 25 confirmed sign ups to qualify.  CC / RCCL will then send you a confirming email as to the time and location. They don't just happen on their own on every ship.  We are sailing tomorrow on Anthem - only a couple of weeks ahead of you - and there is no M&M on that sailing as they are still paused by RCCL.

I have never seen a confirming email with date/time info.  I have gotten an email that I was signed up and that X number had signed up.  And another one, when it hit 25 people.

And, I normally have to ask on board to find out when and where.  They are supposed to leave a letter in your cabin with the info.

3 minutes ago, SRF said:

I have never seen a confirming email with date/time info I have gotten an email that I was signed up and that X number had signed up.  And another one, when it hit 25 people.

And, I normally have to ask on board to find out when and where.  They are supposed to leave a letter in your cabin with the info.

This was actually a thing a long, long time ago. At that time, there was also a link on the M&M website where you could go to check the status of your sailing's M&M as well as the day, time and venue. All of those have long since disappeared, nothing to do the with pandemic.

OK, thanks.

I have never seen anything about it or gotten an email.  First cruise where I knew about it was summer 2017.   But we missed it because we did not get the letter in the cabin

On 4/11/2022 at 8:45 AM, SRF said:

I have never seen a confirming email with date/time info.  I have gotten an email that I was signed up and that X number had signed up.  And another one, when it hit 25 people.

You are correct.  The email(s) confirmed your sign up and then that 25 had been reached to confirm that there would be a M & M.  The notification as to date, time, and location was separate and in your stateroom upon boarding. I misspoke by suggesting that all information came by way of an email.