What's with Bermuda?

On 4/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

As soon as saw the email the other week with Bermuda protocols we said to ourselves I bet royal will change the itineraries to avoid having to test everyone on board.     Wouldn't be surprised if those sailings on Mariner to Bermuda switch for arrival on day 2 or day 3 instead of day 5.

YES. I hope so too. Even if they cancel the Bermuda visit and just do figure 8's at sea, I'd be much happier. Probably not so for the people though who have never been there. It's a lovely place, but for us it's been there, done that.

We WERE booked on two Bermuda cruises in 2023 from Port Canaveral on Mariner OTS. One in May and the other in October. Received an email from Royal this Am stating both cruises are cancelled.  I called Royal and they confirmed this, so I am getting both deposits refunded.  We were so looking forward to returning to Bermuda.  We used to sail twice a year from the northeast.  Living in Connecticut made it an easy cruise with numerous departure ports.  Living in Florida now, not so much.

No reason given in letter for cancellations.  Covid testing?  Now to look at replacement cruises.

My last word on my now cancelled cruise on Adventure of the Seas may 12th. I have cancelled, due to the bermuda travel authorization. We have no way to "upload" any thing, so we couldn't comply. And more importantly, RCL needs to get more people to answer phones, and also have people who can be understood the first, not 3rd or 4th time. After 6 different customer #'s tried and 2 1/2 hours total hold time, I got an agent. Finally, RCL should have noted at booking about Bermuda's "authorization". We've done 16 Celebrity 6 rcl, 13 norwegian,2 princess and 1hal. Never had such poor customer service as RCL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billdadm said:

Can't "upload" when your desktop is 12 years old.

It is time to move on from that desktop. Your software  is obsolete and can not be updated with the latest security updates. You can do more on the internet with an inexpensive  iPad or Chromebook and both are easy to use. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billdadm said:

My last word on my now cancelled cruise on Adventure of the Seas may 12th. I have cancelled, due to the bermuda travel authorization. We have no way to "upload" any thing, so we couldn't comply. And more importantly, RCL needs to get more people to answer phones, and also have people who can be understood the first, not 3rd or 4th time. After 6 different customer #'s tried and 2 1/2 hours total hold time, I got an agent. Finally, RCL should have noted at booking about Bermuda's "authorization". We've done 16 Celebrity 6 rcl, 13 norwegian,2 princess and 1hal. Never had such poor customer service as RCL.

I am sure if you really wanted to go on that cruise you could have found a family member or friend that would take photos of vax cards and upload test results as needed.     Sorry you had such a bad experience with CSR.    

We usually call first thing in the morning and get great service.    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am sure if you really wanted to go on that cruise you could have found a family member or friend that would take photos of vax cards and upload test results as needed.     Sorry you had such a bad experience with CSR.    

We usually call first thing in the morning and get great service.    

I'd like to get back to Bermuda. It had been awhile since I've been there but I don't want to go badly enough to jump through their hoops or participate in their money grab.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'd like to get back to Bermuda. It had been awhile since I've been there but I don't want to go badly enough to jump through their hoops or participate in their money grab.

I completely understand.   We are booked for a may 19th sailing that we grabbed several months ago at a great price but decided we will cancel basically due to schedule conflicts and we know bermuda water can still be chilly in May so not worth jumping the hoops.

They had even stricter hoops last year and their TA cost $75 then.

We are booked for a 5 night sailing in September on Adventure and hope their requirement for travel authorisation is gone by then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the May 28th Mariner sailing to Bermuda. Tonight I checked the Bermuda authorization website to see if they have added the May 28th sailing to complete the authorization form and notice there are two embarkations listed - embarkation May 15th and embarkation May 30th. Tried this three times, making sure I had the correct ship selected each time. Am I to assume I should choose the May 30th option for our May 28th sailing? At first I was thinking maybe they listed the sailings by the date the ship arrives in Bermuda. But we depart Port Canaveral May 28th and, after Nassau, Perfect Day and a sea day, arrive into Bermuda June 1. So that's not it. And I don't think Royal has changed our sailing to depart two days later. I'm thinking the website just has the wrong embarkation date. I've sent them an email to inquire whether they can fix the error or if I should complete the authorization for the incorrect May 30th embarkation date. 

Edited by NCMtnBoys

14 minutes ago, NCMtnBoys said:

We're on the May 28th Mariner sailing to Bermuda. Tonight I checked the Bermuda authorization website to see if they have added the May 28th sailing to complete the authorization form and notice there are two embarkations listed - embarkation May 15th and embarkation May 30th. Tried this three times, making sure I had the correct ship selected each time. Am I to assume I should choose the May 30th option for our May 28th sailing? At first I was thinking maybe they listed the sailings by the date the ship arrives in Bermuda. But we depart Port Canaveral May 28th and, after Nassau, Perfect Day and a sea day, arrive into Bermuda June 1. So that's not it. And I don't think Royal has changed our sailing to depart two days later. I'm thinking the website just has the wrong embarkation date. Was gonna contact them via the website to bring it to their attention, but didn't know to which Agency to direct my inquiry.  

Bermuda has  Nassau listed as the embarkation port on their schedule. That I believe is the reason for the discrepancy. That happened on at least one other sailing and they corrected it after passengers queried them. 

You can email from the website or call toll free.  1-833-570-2594 Calling might have a long hold time.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NCMtnBoys said:

We're on the May 28th Mariner sailing to Bermuda. Tonight I checked the Bermuda authorization website to see if they have added the May 28th sailing to complete the authorization form and notice there are two embarkations listed - embarkation May 15th and embarkation May 30th. Tried this three times, making sure I had the correct ship selected each time. Am I to assume I should choose the May 30th option for our May 28th sailing? At first I was thinking maybe they listed the sailings by the date the ship arrives in Bermuda. But we depart Port Canaveral May 28th and, after Nassau, Perfect Day and a sea day, arrive into Bermuda June 1. So that's not it. And I don't think Royal has changed our sailing to depart two days later. I'm thinking the website just has the wrong embarkation date. I've sent them an email to inquire whether they can fix the error or if I should complete the authorization for the incorrect May 30th embarkation date. 

People are just registering under the 30th date. I'm on that sailing and will wait a few days to see if they fix it