Is the MDR Breakfast and Lunch Menu same everyday on 7 night cruise?

zhuangcorp

13 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

Ha! I thought I might be the only person on the planet that booked a cruise 8 months in advance. 

Good to know. 

But now I can't concentrate on my daily life because I keep thinking about the cruise. 

We are on Oceania in the Mediterranean this June.  Booked that one 1.5 years ago. You are correct, hard to focus when you are planning for cruises.  Welcome to Cruise Critic, by the way! 🙂

On 4/9/2022 at 12:21 AM, zhuangcorp said:

Is the MDR Breakfast and Lunch Menu same everyday on 7 night cruise? 

First time with HAL this year on the Koningsdam to Mexico. Any dishes specific to this cruise that you recommend?

There is a thread currently on page 3 posted March 20th entitled "Koningsdam-Can't miss food or drinks"  You might wish to read it for food ideas.

22 hours ago, zhuangcorp said:

What is the Pannenkoek Dutch pancake? It sounds more like a dessert than a breakfast item?

This is what mine looked like on NS in 2018 - didn't try it this time.    (Apple and bacon.)

IMG_8254.JPG

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

This is what mine looked like on NS in 2018 - didn't try it this time.    (Apple and bacon.)

IMG_8254.JPG

Did you like the taste of it in 2018?

Apple with bacon and sugary syrup on a flour pancake. Seems like a really weird flavor profile to what I normally would eat. 

13 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

Did you like the taste of it in 2018?

Apple with bacon and sugary syrup on a flour pancake. Seems like a really weird flavor profile to what I normally would eat. 

I’m not a sweet and savoury thing together so it wouldn’t appeal to me but that doesn’t seem to be a thing with may people.

18 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m not a sweet and savoury thing together so it wouldn’t appeal to me but that doesn’t seem to be a thing with may people.

Don't get between me and the Pinnacle Hanger Bacon is all I can say - from what I hear Hanger Bacon made with maple or brown sugar soaked bacon , and then served with with a side of pickles. Sweet and savory combo for sure ....more please!

Seeing this pancake, which sounds good to me,  made me think of the Hanger Bacon with a bread roll on the side somehow. 

48 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Don't get between me and the Pinnacle Hanger Bacon is all I can say - from what I hear Hanger Bacon made with maple or brown sugar soaked bacon , and then served with with a side of pickles. Sweet and savory combo for sure ....more please!

Seeing this pancake, which sounds good to me,  made me think of the Hanger Bacon with a bread roll on the side somehow. 

Yeah I don’t like that bacon either.  Don’t understand the fuss.  Just give me plain bacon.

1 hour ago, zhuangcorp said:

Why do you feel the need to book so far in advance?

I am picky as to the stateroom and its location that I desire.  Price is also a consideration and booking further out sometimes offers a better price and amenities than booking at other times.

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

Pinnacle Hanger Bacon

I like Bacon.  The Hanger Bacon is pretentious.  It offers nothing to me that would make my dinner in the Pinnacle Grill better.  Please enjoy it!  

Why do you feel the need to book so far in advance?

When I book an unrestricted fare well in advance I stand a much better chance of getting my favorite cabin on that ship, and securing my place. 
If the price later goes up, I am locked in at the agreed price. If the price goes down, so long as the penalty period hasn't been reached, I can be refared at the lower price. 
It's certainly a lot easier to budget if I start my planning and deposits well in advance! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

Because if there is good reason and good advice, I can follow the methods others on the forum use. 

Good for you!  This is an important reason why Cruise Critic exists.  Share the experiences that others have had with those who want to learn!  

• Like 3

Because if there is good reason and good advice, I can follow the methods others on the forum use. 

OK. I typically book far in advance because both my time and my funds are limited. I know far in advance which potential travel dates will be open and schedule takes precedence over cost.

Very early booking doesn't always, or even frequently, result in the lowest possible cost; the very lowest fares are offered for very late bookings, on cruises that didn't sell out, but sometimes, when I see a bargain fare for an itinerary that fits my schedule, I book promptly. In one such cruise for later this year, someone posted in the roll call that there had just been a fare reduction, but the new fare is still more than I paid. Late booking can work well if your schedule is flexible and you are not too insistent on one type of cabin or location in the ship.

Sometimes, however, I want a specific type of cabin of which there aren't many. Twice I've booked a cabin of which the ship had only three of that type and once only twelve. The booking I have on hold for the fall of 2023 is a TATL itinerary and those tend to sell briskly. On Holland America, the very long cruises (months, not weeks) seem to fill especially early.

Personally, I book early to get the cabin type and location that I like.  Since this thread started out about food, I will comment that I can always find something to eat.  As long as I don’t have to cook it.  Cabin type and location are more important to me.

On 4/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yeah I don’t like that bacon either.  Don’t understand the fuss.  Just give me plain bacon.

I loved it the first time I had it but its appeal has been dwindling every time since then. 

• Like 1

I book fully refundable travel whenever it is available.  I can cancel later or in the case of HAL have the cruise re-fared.  This way you have prime selection and the ability to manage the peripherals 

On 4/10/2022 at 2:15 PM, zhuangcorp said:

Ha! I thought I might be the only person on the planet that booked a cruise 8 months in advance. 

Good to know. 

But now I can't concentrate on my daily life because I keep thinking about the cruise. 

Lol we booked a year out for March of 2023 😁

5 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

Yeah, I am already thinking about April 2023!

If you are thinking now, buy some future cruise deposits while on  board your cruise.  You do not need an appointment rather pick up a form, complete it with the number of deposits you wish to purchase, and just drop it into the drop box by the Future Cruise Consultant desk.  When you use the deposits, you will get some onboard credit and if you book the next cruise within 60 days, you will get some more onboard credit.

Book a cruise as soon as the season bookings are available if you want a specific stateroom and flying excursions with limited seating.

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

If you are thinking now, buy some future cruise deposits while on  board your cruise.  You do not need an appointment rather pick up a form, complete it with the number of deposits you wish to purchase, and just drop it into the drop box by the Future Cruise Consultant desk.  When you use the deposits, you will get some onboard credit and if you book the next cruise within 60 days, you will get some more onboard credit.

Book a cruise as soon as the season bookings are available if you want a specific stateroom and flying excursions with limited seating.

We have talked about this but never seem to get it done, I told DH we were definitely doing this in March. If you turn in paperwork do they just take it from held credit card ? I will have no problem booking a new cruise in 60 days lol