YC Room Service

gmbhardy

2 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Doing a B2B in the YC on the Seashore in a couple weeks. I would like to know if you can get YC restaurant meals delivered to your room or whether you can only order from the room service menu.

I think you'll get the standard "depends on time of day, tides, etc." answer that seems to apply to so many MSC questions.

I can tell you that delivering food not on the menu is difficult but possible. We haven't had it done on Seashore, but have on Seaside. If there is a "reason" (e.g., someone in your cabin not feeling well), it will be easier. Otherwise, be polite and persistent and you can probably get it done.

• Like 1

We've only ordered pizzas and maybe a small item off rs menu.  This is a good question.  It seems they don't really like to deliver meals as they don't offer it when they tell you all the things they can do.  Another tell is we often grab stuff from buffet so those dishes are in room and we've never had someone suggest they get food for us.

I guess we’ll have to ask our butler. That’s one of the nice perks staying in the Haven. Although we don’t order lunch or dinner from the Haven restaurant very often, we do order off the breakfasts menu a couple times a cruise.

Just now, gmbhardy said:

I guess we’ll have to ask our butler. That’s one of the nice perks staying in the Haven. Although we don’t order lunch or dinner from the Haven restaurant very often, we do order off the breakfasts menu a couple times a cruise.

Then your best bet would be to try to pre-arrange it the evening before.  

4 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Doing a B2B in the YC on the Seashore in a couple weeks. I would like to know if you can get YC restaurant meals delivered to your room or whether you can only order from the room service menu.

The official answer is no. MSC does not serve meals  in the room, except for what's on the room service menu.   

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

The official answer is no. MSC does not serve meals  in the room, except for what's on the room service menu.   

My wife and I were on the Seaside the first summer she sailed out of Miami.  We were told you weren’t able to have gelato, crepes, or Venchi chocolate martinis as part of the drink package in YC.  We just asked and was served and never charged.   One evening we were just beat and didn’t feel up to getting dressed and going to dinner.  Our butler asked if we needed anything.   I said I was just going to order pizza.  She left and came back with the YC menu and said we could order from the nights offerings.  We both politely declined and ordered pizza and watched a movie.   When the pizza was delivered our butler also brought us a bucket of my favorite beer (Peroni???).  Needless to say she was very well tipped at the end of the cruise.  Just saying you never know until you ask and sometimes you don’t even have to ask.  That is why we took our kids the next year and going on the Seashore this July.  

• Like 2

If you look at it from a practical perspective, it would probably be logistically easier for the butler to pick up and deliver food from the YC kitchen than the kitchen that prepares room service orders.

9 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

My wife and I were on the Seaside the first summer she sailed out of Miami.  We were told you weren’t able to have gelato, crepes, or Venchi chocolate martinis as part of the drink package in YC.  We just asked and was served and never charged.   One evening we were just beat and didn’t feel up to getting dressed and going to dinner.  Our butler asked if we needed anything.   I said I was just going to order pizza.  She left and came back with the YC menu and said we could order from the nights offerings.  We both politely declined and ordered pizza and watched a movie.   When the pizza was delivered our butler also brought us a bucket of my favorite beer (Peroni???).  Needless to say she was very well tipped at the end of the cruise.  Just saying you never know until you ask and sometimes you don’t even have to ask.  That is why we took our kids the next year and going on the Seashore this July.  

That's why I wrote that the official answer is no. They officialy don't serve meals in the cabin, except from the room service menu, but I'm sure that it's often done anyway.

I was on the Seashore in YC a couple weeks ago.  There was no problem ordering room service from the YC Restaurant menu.  I asked for the night's menu at the restaurant, marked what I wanted, and gave it to my butler. I did this twice.  Food arrived promptly.  Both the staff at the restaurant and the butler were very accommodating.  

Bill 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 3:44 AM, sverigecruiser said:

That's why I wrote that the official answer is no

This is what we are discovering every time we sail on a MSC ship in the Yacht Club. Officially they don't do this and then they check with a superior (or not) and one ends up getting whatever one desires. Just a guess on our part, that YC management wants happy return guests, but just those that do not make it a habit and over extend the courtesies granted generally on a one time basis. We have also discovered that those that have bragged on social media sites of having received "gifts" have actually been 'comped' because of their VIP status with the cruise lines and the rest of us go on board and find we are not in the same category.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is what we are discovering every time we sail on a MSC ship in the Yacht Club. Officially they don't do this and then they check with a superior (or not) and one ends up getting whatever one desires. Just a guess on our part, that YC management wants happy return guests, but just those that do not make it a habit and over extend the courtesies granted generally on a one time basis. We have also discovered that those that have bragged on social media sites of having received "gifts" have actually been 'comped' because of their VIP status with the cruise lines and the rest of us go on board and find we are not in the same category.

Aw, man, how do we get this treatment 😆

• 1 year later...

To update this old thread, yes it's possible, all you need to do is ask the concierge.

Currently onboard the Seascape. We were upgraded a few months ago to YC from a Bella balcony, unsure why but I will take it! (onboard spend habits? / voyager points totals ? or just a random draw? ) Anyhoo we don't do dress up while on vacation/cruises and asked to have gala night lobster dinner delivered to our balcony rm 16030. Mr Eric Lafite(sp?) at the Concierge desk took our meal order with a smile and it will be delivered promptly at 630pm. I made this request day (today) of at roughly 3pm. Just a data point.

Edited by TwoAdriftAtSea
seascape not seashore

1 hour ago, TwoAdriftAtSea said:

To update this old thread, yes it's possible, all you need to do is ask the concierge.

Currently onboard the Seascape. We were upgraded a few months ago to YC from a Bella balcony, unsure why but I will take it! (onboard spend habits? / voyager points totals ? or just a random draw? ) Anyhoo we don't do dress up while on vacation/cruises and asked to have gala night lobster dinner delivered to our balcony rm 16030. Mr Eric Lafite(sp?) at the Concierge desk took our meal order with a smile and it will be delivered promptly at 630pm. I made this request day (today) of at roughly 3pm. Just a data point.

They don’t make you dress up on Gala Night, just a suggestion. 

21 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

They don’t make you dress up on Gala Night, just a suggestion. 

We don't much care for the YC restaurant or menu choices for that matter. So far into the cruise we've done 1 night inside the YC restaurant (classic filet order) the menus just don't do it for us. We would rather hit BC or Kaito and buffet for quick salads. The Ocean Cay lobster roll is probably the best item we've had from anything related to YC.