Just off the 7 day Seashore 4/9. Any questions?

CampNCruise74

Had a great time on the Seashore with 2055 guests this past week.  Glad to see the happy staff and enjoyed the new sushi restaurant.  No breakfast pizza offering all week, which was a first for me.  Also no lox all week either.  Yes to the soot issue someone here mentioned and regarding the mid elevators...  Be afraid, be very afraid   Ask away!  

Edited by CampNCruise74

• CampNCruise74 changed the title to Just off the 7 day Seashore 4/9. Any questions?

Thanks so much!  How was embarkation?  Did they check your boarding time on your documents?  Ours has been changed a few times. Also, who is the current captain?  What kind of Covid test did you use?  We are sailing next Saturday, so any and all insights are very much appreciated!

• Like 1

LOL! I will bite as I am considering a 7-day Caribbean on the Seashore (comparing it with similar offerings on the NCL Breakaway and the Caribbean Princess). Never been on an MSC ship before and honestly, never thought I'd consider such a big ship like the Seashore or one of the other 2 that I mentioned. Am looking to go towards the end of May, hopefully before all the younger kids let out of school.

1) Is the Seashore sailing at full capacity of passengers now versus half or 3/4 to avoid crowding?
2) How decent is the regular dining (free) options?
3) What does a WiFi package cost and is it worth it?
4) How is MSC or the Seashore with shore excursions (the cruise I'm looking at makes 4 stops)
5) Was the cruise population varied in age? We have young adult kids who are introverts (19-22)
6) What was your favourite/ memorable moments from this cruise?
7) What did you wish they could have done better?
8. Any interesting activity onboard apart from dancing or gambling during at-sea days?
😎 ....and last, how was nightly entertainment?

Thank you!!!

Edited by Dreamer68

Embarkation.  Woaa.  Just remembered.  We had a full terminal evacuation from 12 to 1:30 ish.  It went smooth in the lower part.  When we got upstairs it was very crowded and that's when the evacuation happened.  We never did find out the problem, but high tailed it to the restaurant across the street and got our drink on early.  When we returned, we were able to request being put in an expedited line.  No check of boarding times. Captain is Fransesco Di Palma.  We've used eMed tests which worked great.  Did my mother's test the morning of without a hitch.  The last two days of the cruise they did a sushi buffet for all you can eat 35 bucks.  We chowed down!

14 minutes ago, Dreamer68 said:

LOL! I will bite as I am considering a 7-day Caribbean on the Seashore (comparing it with similar offerings on the NCL Breakaway and the Caribbean Princess). Never been on an MSC ship before and honestly, never thought I'd consider such a big ship like the Seashore or one of the other 2 that I mentioned. Am looking to go towards the end of May, hopefully before all the younger kids let out of school.

1) Is the Seashore sailing at full capacity of passengers now versus half or 3/4 to avoid crowding?  

Cruise filled with 2055 passengers, although 3100 are expected on the week-long that left today.  This is their largest cruise since pre-covid in terms of passenger numbers the employee told me.

We like the free dining options and try to go to the main dining room regularly.  The food is good and I have no qualms with asking for two appetizers or multiple desserts, whichever.  I personally like fish and every night there was some kind of fish available like swordfish or grouper or salmon.

For the first time we got Wi-Fi on this cruise for my daughter, she seems like it. My wife had internet for two nights.  It does seem a little glitchy to get set up and you probably have to visit the desk.  The best and strongest connections seem to work in the room.  I bought my daughter the week-long patch kitchen advanced for one device and I think it was like 120 dollars

4) How is MSC or the Seashore with shore excursions (the cruise I'm looking at makes 4 stops). We have not used MSC for sure excursions but did use Marisol to hers for waterfall s in Puerto Plata.  They were very good

14 minutes ago, Dreamer68 said:

5) Was the cruise population varied in age? We have young adult kids who are introverts (19-22)

Yes there are very many ages on the cruise, our kids don't use the kids club and just hang out with us and do their own thing most of the time.  Our 7 year old would want to stay in the kids water park all day which is nice because it's shady.

I really like the jazz that they play late night in the Brooklyn Cafe it's really easy going in there

I wish they had the breakfast pizza with over easy eggs.  In fact they only had three types of pizza the whole entire time only served in the evening. Fresh tomatoes, straight cheese and pepperoni.

8. Any interesting activity onboard apart from dancing or gambling during at-sea days?  I like the side facing hot tubs on Deck 8.  I went there a few times and stayed in one time when we were in the rain which was pretty cool.

Late night jazz in Brooklyn Cafe

Thank you!!!

Cruise filled with 2055 passengers, although 3100 are expected on the week-long that left today.  This is their largest cruise since pre-covid in terms of passenger numbers the employee told me.

We like the free dining options and try to go to the main dining room regularly.  The food is good and I have no qualms with asking for two appetizers or multiple desserts, whichever.  I personally like fish and every night there was some kind of fish available like swordfish or grouper or salmon.

For the first time we got Wi-Fi on this cruise for my daughter, she seems like it. My wife had internet for two nights.  It does seem a little glitchy to get set up and you probably have to visit the desk.  The best and strongest connections seem to work in the room.  I bought my daughter the week-long patch kitchen advanced for one device and I think it was like 120 dollars

4) How is MSC or the Seashore with shore excursions (the cruise I'm looking at makes 4 stops). We have not used MSC for sure excursions but did use Marisol to hers for waterfall s in Puerto Plata.  They were very good

Yes there are very many ages on the cruise, our kids don't use the kids club and just hang out with us and do their own thing most of the time.  Our 7 year old would want to stay in the kids water park all day which is nice because it's shady.

I really like the jazz that they play late night in the Brooklyn Cafe it's really easy going in there

I wish they had the breakfast pizza with over easy eggs.  In fact they only had three types of pizza the whole entire time only served in the evening. Fresh tomatoes, straight cheese and pepperoni.

8. Any interesting activity onboard apart from dancing or gambling during at-sea days?  I like the side facing hot tubs on Deck 8.  I went there a few times and stayed in one time when we were in the rain which was pretty cool.

Late night jazz in Brooklyn Cafe

Edited by CampNCruise74
  • Like 1

Also as a note for anyone that likes to work out, MSC uses something called Techno Gym machines which are excellent.  I have not seen these machines in the US, and they are very sophisticated with excellent movements of cardio and weight equipment.  Very expensive machines.

Also the Forest Park pool that I mentioned was great because I didn't have to worry about my kid getting burnt to a crisp why he played all day!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

11 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

We have not used MSC for sure excursions but did use Marisol to hers for waterfall s in Puerto Plata.  They were very good

Is the name for "Marisol" complete? Am guessing this is a local shore operator in Puerto Plata? Thanks for all the other answers!!

2 minutes ago, Dreamer68 said:

Is the name for "Marisol" complete? Am guessing this is a local shore operator in Puerto Plata? Thanks for all the other answers!!

Yes, Marysoltours in Puerto Plata.  Sorry for the errors in typing above.  I'm in a dim lit hotel room right now wishing I was still on the Seashore!

5 hours ago, CampNCruise74 said:

No problem! No they did not.  They used to in February, but not anymore.

Yeah! We were tested couple weeks ago at Port Canaveral, glad to hear this news. Boarding in a week, Walgreens Thursday, packing Friday, driving and embarking Saturday. 

• Like 1

FYI if anyone reads this the seashore mid elevators were awful for us   Starboard side seemed especially bad because that's the side where we enter and exit ports from. I think the whole system is just bogus.  We nicknamed the letter d elevator is in "doesn't make it to the floor"

For right or wrong sometimes we would split parties and one person would go to each side.  Also too some people wait too long they start pushing all sorts of numbers just to invoke a response from the elevators.  No bueno.

Also if there's any yacht club people out there or something I found strange was twice when using the forward elevators we intercepted yacht club patrons with their Butler, whereas I thought the butler was able to commandeer the elevator to make it go to the floor he wanted it to only,

and not respond to any other floor inquiries.  Have yacht club folks experienced this?

I can't comment on Seashore, but our first YC on Divinia, there are a couple elevators for YC.  First trip, hit or miss then recent trip pretty much hit.  Seaside two trips, generally a hit.  Recent Mera, most a hit. Note recent two trips reduced capacity.  Not sure if butlers have special kryptonite cards but a regular pax YC card can bypass floors.

Is there any sort of library? I don't see one in the deck plans. I'm boarding celebrity summit today, will test on Thursday if the wifi cooperates, and board Seashore after disembarking Summit.  I didn't have room to pack as many novels as I'd like. 

5 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Is there any sort of library? I don't see one in the deck plans. I'm boarding celebrity summit today, will test on Thursday if the wifi cooperates, and board Seashore after disembarking Summit.  I didn't have room to pack as many novels as I'd like. 

No, I didn't see a library.  They do have a billiards room and conference rooms which I peeked in.  These were the quietest places on the ship, although there was a great expanse of unused buffet space toward the front of the ship.  

MSC does have chat feature for adults, no children.

MSC sucks.  Their morning breakfast buffet was same food every morning and long line for omelet.  They should learn or try Royal C and see how they do it the right way.

SeaShore elevator is so bad compared to other ships, you will hate it.  It is new ship so it is clean.  Crew on the ship is awesome.  Shows are ok but not great.  They should be able to do better.  Maybe it is due to Covid that they can't hire good shows.  No competition activities like Royal C.  I think they are trying to cut costs.  Lots of room for improvement.  MSC management should try other cruise ships so they can learn how to do it right. 

42 minutes ago, Love2Snorkle said:

MSC does have chat feature for adults, no children.

MSC sucks.  Their morning breakfast buffet was same food every morning and long line for omelet.  They should learn or try Royal C and see how they do it the right way.

SeaShore elevator is so bad compared to other ships, you will hate it.  It is new ship so it is clean.  Crew on the ship is awesome.  Shows are ok but not great.  They should be able to do better.  Maybe it is due to Covid that they can't hire good shows.  No competition activities like Royal C.  I think they are trying to cut costs.  Lots of room for improvement.  MSC management should try other cruise ships so they can learn how to do it right. 

Next week will be my first with them. I'm already regretting it just a little bit. But a week on a cruise is still better than a week at work,  so trying to look on the bright side. 😁

Thank you for confirming there is in-app chat. Going with friend and just found out that despite a million requests and promises,  we are not anywhere near each other, so am happy to hear this 1 little piece of good news.

10 hours ago, Alvarado Cruiser said:

Next week will be my first with them. I'm already regretting it just a little bit. But a week on a cruise is still better than a week at work,  so trying to look on the bright side. 😁

Thank you for confirming there is in-app chat. Going with friend and just found out that despite a million requests and promises,  we are not anywhere near each other, so am happy to hear this 1 little piece of good news.

If you want a really good MSC cruise, then sail yacht club. Most of the complaints are for non YC

• Like 1

For those who prefer RC. you have plenty of options to stick with RC.  I, too, like RC, but hope that MSC will never "learn from" them and become a copy.  MSC is much more international, which I like.  Our MSC cruises have been among our favorites, and we were in Bella, not YC.

• Like 3