Updated Vaccation Policy

Edith1950

3 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

So we need to find a chemist in Southampton for the Saturday morning I guess?

No you can do all the tests on the same phone. I do my DH on my phone just two separate log ins. He doesn't do technology lol 😆 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

That's what I don't know, can you do 2 people on one phone I wonder?

Yes you can. You set up an account for each person with the one email address and telephone number.  All results then arrive on one phone.  Each individual has their own reference numberz/account.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, loveheart said:

Quite a few of us are wondering the same thing.

With Randox 4 Profiles can be registered on one account on their certify app

Remember  that the airlines do offer discount codes for these companies which are easily  obtainable from their websites.

Randox code at checkout  is  BritishAirways

Qured is BATRAVEL20

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 3

Good that P and O clarified the unsupervised bit in an email from them yesterday afternoon. Same email from them says “a day prior to embarkation ” , which might suggest any point the day before,  but then a few lines later it says “within 24 hours of embarkation”.

Still, I assume the website was updated after the email was sent but when I tried the website it froze on me and then their “covid hub” went to a page attempting to sell me cruises with them!  Gotta love their attempts at IT competence. 🤣🤣

Edited by Camberley
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Camberley said:

Good that P and O clarified the unsupervised bit in an email from them yesterday afternoon. Same email from them says “a day prior to embarkation ” , which might suggest any point the day before,  but then a few lines later it says “within 24 hours of embarkation”.

Still, I assume the website was updated after the email was sent but when I tried the website it froze on me and then their “covid hub” went to a page attempting to sell me cruises with them!  Gotta love their attempts at IT competence. 🤣🤣

That said, seriously I do applaud them for trying to get things sorted.

• Like 1

I was confused yesterday as have to order for both my OH and myself, the FQA’s on the Randox page say you can upload up to 4 people on one account, I ordered them late yesterday and they are due to be delivered Saturday so hoping they will fit through the letter box as working Friday, Saturday, Sunday. The video on the link says you need to download the app but can add 4 people but will post more when it arrives and I have a bit more info

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bbtablet said:

Send them home and keep their money!

They could also be charged with fraud 

Fraud Act 2006

The defendant: 

• made a false representation 
  • dishonestly 
  • knowing that the representation was or might be untrue or misleading 
  • with intent to make a gain for himself or another, to cause loss to another or to expose another to risk of loss.
  • Like 1

@molecrochip Thanks for the clarification on the antigen test but it still does not say if the PCR test needs to be supervised or not. I could assume not if the antigen doesn't but we all know what assume does.

Also to be clear 5 to 11 year olds need a PCR test and an antigen test is that correct? It seems an overkill.

Edited by MX-Drew

Our flight to Malta is a scheduled flight  from Birmingham so probably only 15/20% of the passengers going to join Azura. That could mean upto 250 other folk not having had to do a test the day before as Malta only require proof of vaccination to enter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pencil62 said:

Our flight to Malta is a scheduled flight  from Birmingham so probably only 15/20% of the passengers going to join Azura. That could mean upto 250 other folk not having had to do a test the day before as Malta only require proof of vaccination to enter.

It's all complete madness. None of it makes any sense. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

48 hours ago the biggest crime committed on board was the blatant use of a used bath towel,  now it appears that the ships sail full of miscreant fraudsters.  

Those are the ones who will steal the towels, only if they have been changed of course😄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Camberley said:

That said, seriously I do applaud them for trying to get things sorted.

If they had just issued a single message in the first place,  clearly stating that 24 hours meant the day before,  there woukd have been nothing to sort out ! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, loveheart said:

It's all complete madness. None of it makes any sense. 

I would agree, but in this case the need for cruise passengers to be tested 24 hours prior to embarkation is an EU ruling, so, for once, P&O are in the clear !

• Like 1

The only thing clear to me is that Carnival are being thoroughly "cheap" in ceasing to provide free testing at port.  I guess they saw that the airlines are getting away with foisting the cost of testing onto their passengers and decided to do the same. It is particularly poor that the first notice of this change came from CPS Parking!! Presumably P&O were too ashamed to fess up before they had to. Poor show for loyal customers who booked cruises on the basis of the previous policy.  We have paid in full for May and so will have to comply, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth about Carnival's view of their customers.

By the way, I won't be using Boots. They cancelled a pre-booked test with less than 24 hours notice in respect of the holiday we just returned from.  That induced unnecessary stress!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, molecrochip said:

To confirm:

- Day before

- Unsupervised but you need to submit result to get certificate.

- Certificate must be provided at embarkation.

Thank you. So much clearer than the unnecessarily wordy comms from P&O. You'd think whoever writes these things would know to keep it KISS ( keep it short and simple) and break things down into sub headings and bullet points or into a grid. They need to do a business English course. The number of negative comments on the page and over on facey should indicate this department needs an overhaul.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Froxfield said:

The only thing clear to me is that Carnival are being thoroughly "cheap" in ceasing to provide free testing at port.  I guess they saw that the airlines are getting away with foisting the cost of testing onto their passengers and decided to do the same. It is particularly poor that the first notice of this change came from CPS Parking!! Presumably P&O were too ashamed to fess up before they had to. Poor show for loyal customers who booked cruises on the basis of the previous policy.  We have paid in full for May and so will have to comply, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth about Carnival's view of their customers.

By the way, I won't be using Boots. They cancelled a pre-booked test with less than 24 hours notice in respect of the holiday we just returned from.  That induced unnecessary stress!

In fairness every other cruise line sailing from the UK that isn't in the Carnival stable insisted on a paid for test from the restart last year. P&O and Cunard have been extremely generous on the testing front for a long time and their onboard testing charges are much cheaper than the likes of RCI and Celebrity.

It really was inevitable with the wind down of community testing in the UK that the companies running the mass testing sites at ports and airports would shut down their operations.  This will not be a decision solely of P&O, if Prenetics do not wish to continue running the site what other option would remain for P&O than to ask passengers to source and pay for the tests that are being insisted on by ports? The cost to P&O to try to man and run a testing operation would no doubt have been enormous, it must be remembered that the testing staff were not P&O employees.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:
1 hour ago, Froxfield said:

In fairness every other cruise line sailing from the UK that isn't in the Carnival stable insisted on a paid for test from the restart last year. P&O and Cunard have been extremely generous on the testing front for a long time and their onboard testing charges are much cheaper than the likes of RCI and Celebrity.

No some definitely didn’t. Celebrity for example had a contract with Europhins and paid for the full PCR for its customers, which was done in your home area just before travel. This meant quick embarkation once at the port. ( I believe RCI also followed the same procedure). 

All I had to do with Celebrity was give Europhins a code when booking and there was no charge.

I don’t know what Celebrity are planning on doing this year as their U.K. procedures are not posted as yet, they are not yet in the U.K.. For guests in the USA they are offering free testing if the booking was made before 16 November last year, bookings after that date pay for their own.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

No some definitely didn’t. Celebrity for example had a contract with Europhins and paid for the full PCR for its customers, which was done in your home area just before travel. This meant quick embarkation once at the port. ( I believe RCI also followed the same procedure). 

All I had to do with Celebrity was give Europhins a code when booking and there was no charge.

I don’t know what Celebrity are planning on doing this year as their U.K. procedures are not posted as yet, they are not yet in the U.K.. For guests in the USA they are offering free testing if the booking was made before 16 November last year, bookings after that date pay for their own.

Celebrity plans were released last week. They require a paid for test 1 day prior. Their website shows the difference between UK sailings and Europe. All are paid options and their onboard tests are listed at between $45 and $99.  I spoke with them last night as there is no link for UK passengers to a preferred tester. They confirmed there is none and directed me to the UK list of testers.  They also require an observed test.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/southampton-travel-requirements

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:
1 hour ago, Froxfield said:

Saga provided tests at the port and on board without charge and, as far as I am aware, this is still the case.