What's the Best Crown Loft Suite Location on Harmony?

I'm looking at booking a CLS on Harmony and I see there are 29 of them, all at the aft of the ship. Some are located on the port side, some on the starboard side, and some in the middle. 

The 2 at the very aft have obstructed views. Which locations offer the best views? The sides or the middle? 

Photo for reference.image.thumb.jpg.5d17ecd731e84f28da187563c4a439cf.jpg

15 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Most people prefer the CLS an ocean view vs the ones that face aft.  The aft-facing CLS overlook the basketball courts and minigolf.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if the aft facing had a good ocean view or not and part of me was wondering about the movement of the ship being a little less wobbly in the middle. But I'd prefer the sea view so I'll go with a side facing. I can puke over the railing if needed 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Thank you. I wasn't sure if the aft facing had a good ocean view or not and part of me was wondering about the movement of the ship being a little less wobbly in the middle. But I'd prefer the sea view so I'll go with a side facing. I can puke over the railing if needed 😂

Closest to elevators are nice

• Like 1

FYI if motion bothers you, you are waaay up on deck 17.  When/if the ship rocks, it’s most pronounced there.  It was difficult to eat at CK our first night because the ship was moving so much.

• Like 1

I recently stayed in 1714 on the Symphony.  There may be a slight difference in balcony size for some of the rooms based on the shape of deck 17 itself.

One thing to note is that, room 1712 on these ships have some sort of utility box on the balcony which takes up a portion of the space, and during my sailing I could here something on it clanking in the wind when I was on my balcony.

You might want to avoid 1712, I could see banging your knee as you run out to put racing stripes on the ship. 😝

On a serious note... I really didn't feel the ship moving much from our room... there was however some noticeable vibration at times when we were moving along, I think it helped me sleep better.

image.png.f4cf3f1181f3acd3d47c825e54a71e3f.png

• Like 1

We just got off the Harmony on Sunday.  We were in 1714 and loved it.  It has a huge balcony and is very handy to Coastal Kitchen & the Suite lounge.  We much prefer the side view rather than the aft view.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ticketsunlimited said:

My wife and I LOVED the loft overlooking the mini golf.  Best of all worlds.  Ocean view to the right, left, center.  Great for people watching.  You can see a lot of the Aqua Theatre.  ZERO issue with privacy.  I would avoid the side with the basketball court.

My thoughts exactly. I can get a nothing but water view any time from any balcony room. I really enjoyed watching the kids (and adults) playing mini golf and could see the flow riders.  The zip line was right below as well. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MacanAle said:

I recently stayed in 1714 on the Symphony.  There may be a slight difference in balcony size for some of the rooms based on the shape of deck 17 itself.

One thing to note is that, room 1712 on these ships have some sort of utility box on the balcony which takes up a portion of the space, and during my sailing I could here something on it clanking in the wind when I was on my balcony.

You might want to avoid 1712, I could see banging your knee as you run out to put racing stripes on the ship. 😝

On a serious note... I really didn't feel the ship moving much from our room... there was however some noticeable vibration at times when we were moving along, I think it helped me sleep better.

image.png.f4cf3f1181f3acd3d47c825e54a71e3f.png

11 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Here’s a shot from 1728 looking from the balcony. image.thumb.jpeg.1566d984d36fe8beecdb78bf4f74b298.jpeg

Racing stripes 😂 Thank you both for the photos!

And thank you to everyone for the information about the different views, potential for feeling motion, hearing noise and thoughts about proximity to elevators and coastal kitchen. 

All this info was exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!

• Like 1

1706 does have a shortened balcony on one side such that the lounger can't face straight out.  If that's concerning to you consider avoiding 1706-1710 and 1756-1762.

HM2203-995.jpg

HM2203-996.jpg

Despite the shortened balcony it's still a great cabin.

HM2203-58.jpg 

The most forward two L1's on both sides have window washing equipment that parks just in front of the cabin balcony.  It's not in your view looking straight out but it would be in your view if you look forward.

HM2203-992.jpg

HM2203-993.jpg

The window washing equipment as seen from Coastal Kitchen.  There are no tables back in this corner, it's somewhat a service area where they place coffee and such.  

HM2203-994.jpg

• Like 3

WE had 1732 in December and loved it. Its in the center facing back.Can see down to aqua show area  and all the deck above  with zip,golf and basket area courts. Still had ocean view but we enjoyed  all the colored lighted areas in stern at night when there was no one around. Noise was never a issue. Side view at night is just darknest.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, twangster said:

1706 does have a shortened balcony on one side such that the lounger can't face straight out.  If that's concerning to you consider avoiding 1706-1710 and 1756-1762.

HM2203-995.jpg

HM2203-996.jpg

Despite the shortened balcony it's still a great cabin.

HM2203-58.jpg 

The most forward two L1's on both sides have window washing equipment that parks just in front of the cabin balcony.  It's not in your view looking straight out but it would be in your view if you look forward.

HM2203-992.jpg

HM2203-993.jpg

The window washing equipment as seen from Coastal Kitchen.  There are no tables back in this corner, it's somewhat a service area where they place coffee and such.  

HM2203-994.jpg

I’m the deck right lab 1758 looks bigger than the others.  Our Royal Caribbean booking agent suggested it for that reason.  Is that not accurate?   Any idea if the center aft CL is really a bigger balcony?

5 minutes ago, topnole said:

I’m the deck right lab 1758 looks bigger than the others.  Our Royal Caribbean booking agent suggested it for that reason.  Is that not accurate?   Any idea if the center aft CL is really a bigger balcony?

I have not stayed in 1758 so I can't comment directly on that cabin.  Including it in my range of cabin numbers may have been a mistake.  

49 minutes ago, villager70 said:

WE had 1732 in December and loved it. Its in the center facing back.Can see down to aqua show area  and all the deck above  with zip,golf and basket area courts. Still had ocean view but we enjoyed  all the colored lighted areas in stern at night when there was no one around. Noise was never a issue. Side view at night is just darknest.

Do you have any pictures?   I’m trying to get my wife to switch from side facing to this view.  I think our kids would enjoy this view much better.   Currently we are very close to the elevators and CK which my wife like for convenience and the ocean view.  

Can you see the aqua shows at all from that cabin?   Were you in the cabin during the day to know if the basketball court noise or screams from the abyss or zip line could be heard?   We will need nap time each day and that is a concern.  I would hope with the door shut there would be zero noise in the cabin.  

Thanks for any info.  

Just now, twangster said:

I have not stayed in 1758 so I can't comment directly on that cabin.  Including it in my range of cabin numbers may have been a mistake.  

Tnx for the follow up.  Interestingly we have stayed in that exact cabin before, but I have no idea the size of the balcony relative to other CLs.  I do remember thinking the balcony is not why you get the cabin, that is for sure.  Yes, the high up views are great, but the balcony itself is nothing special.  I didn’t help that our prior trip was in an aqua suite.  Those balconies can’t be beat IMO.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topnole said:

Do you have any pictures?   I’m trying to get my wife to switch from side facing to this view.  I think our kids would enjoy this view much better.   Currently we are very close to the elevators and CK which my wife like for convenience and the ocean view.  

Can you see the aqua shows at all from that cabin?   Were you in the cabin during the day to know if the basketball court noise or screams from the abyss or zip line could be heard?   We will need nap time each day and that is a concern.  I would hope with the door shut there would be zero noise in the cabin.  

Thanks for any info.  

TOPNOLE, the kids will LOVE it as well as the both of you.  Balconies seem a little deeper.  Any room from center to the right towards the mini golf is spectacular.  You can see the Aqua show rehearsals as well as the shows themselves.  Great people watching and we had ZERO noise issues.  We have done enough balcony/suite cruises from the side to know the view from the aft is unique in its own way and worth trying.  We will book there again for sure.  Its literally another 200 steps from the elevators with ZERO foot traffic down there.  God knows the extra steps cant hurt during a cruise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, topnole said:

We had 1758 in March and really loved that cabin.  The balcony is a bit on the small side but I did not mind.  Very closed to the Lounge and Coastal Kitchen and very quiet.

Lyne

1758-2.JPG

1758.JPG

• Like 1

We had 1748 and we loved it. I didn’t want to overlook the sports deck and those staterooms didn’t have any privacy at night with the lights on. I a;so wanted to sit on my balcony and wt h the world go by. You’ll love the CLS.