Arrivecan....

susan1957

3 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Yes, this…you only need to fill out if you’re flying into Canada to board a cruise or if you board a cruise outside of Canada that visits or ends in Canada. Says the same on the Celebrity app. I think the GofC site is confusing on this point.

I’ll be watching to see what happens on the first cruises to embark from Vancouver this Spring, fortunately we don’t sail until September 

That is not what https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html says. It is quite unambiguous, "Entering or leaving Canada by cruise ship during COVID-19." Step 3, "Use ArriveCAN to enter your information ... before embarkation of your cruise."

3 hours ago, broberts said:

That is not what https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html says. It is quite unambiguous, "Entering or leaving Canada by cruise ship during COVID-19." Step 3, "Use ArriveCAN to enter your information ... before embarkation of your cruise."

Yes, I see this but honestly don’t understand why. Do they just want us to have our info in the app so that we can complete it prior to returning and disembarking in Canada? If I complete the info in the app prior to boarding who is checking that it’s completed? Will Celebrity be looking for the arrivecan code at the pier? I’ll do whatever is necessary but this makes completely no sense to me. 🤷‍♀️

4 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Yes, I see this but honestly don’t understand why. Do they just want us to have our info in the app so that we can complete it prior to returning and disembarking in Canada? If I complete the info in the app prior to boarding who is checking that it’s completed? Will Celebrity be looking for the arrivecan code at the pier? I’ll do whatever is necessary but this makes completely no sense to me. 🤷‍♀️

I gave up expecting bureaucracies to make sense to my limited perspective a long time ago. 🙂

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

The cruise line has responsibilities under the Transport Canada regulations, which presumably include checking the ArriveCAN code before embarkation.

• Like 2

I'm so confused.

I've used the app to enter Canada after a cruise, flying back to Canada- no problem. So I'm familiar with the app. But Im confused about how will it apply to my upcoming cruise? Heres the details:

Flying into the US to board a cruise out of NY on Aug 7.

On Aug 9, we arrive in a Canadian port- Nova Scotia.

Do I need to fill out ArriveCAN on the 7th when I board the ship in the US? Or do I wait until we land in port on the 9th? Who am I showing the app/ print out to? The cruise security staff when we disembark? Or when we check in for the cruise, because I think if Im showing it on the 7th, it will be pretty close to the 72 hr mark.... anyone have an idea how this might look?

21 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

I'm so confused.

I've used the app to enter Canada after a cruise, flying back to Canada- no problem. So I'm familiar with the app. But Im confused about how will it apply to my upcoming cruise? Heres the details:

Do I need to fill out ArriveCAN on the 7th when I board the ship in the US? Or do I wait until we land in port on the 9th? Who am I showing the app/ print out to? The cruise security staff when we disembark? Or when we check in for the cruise, because I think if Im showing it on the 7th, it will be pretty close to the 72 hr mark.... anyone have an idea how this might look?

Typically, you will arrive in Halifax early in the morning. So if you are scheduled to arrive at, for example, 7:00 AM on August 9, you could make you ArriveCAN submission as early as 7:00 AM on August 6, a day before you board on August 7.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Typically, you will arrive in Halifax early in the morning. So if you are scheduled to arrive at, for example, 7:00 AM on August 9, you could make you ArriveCAN submission as early as 7:00 AM on August 6, a day before you board on August 7.

Ok thanks! So before we board. 

1 hour ago, son3cruisers said:

Who am I showing the app/ print out to? The cruise security staff when we disembark? Or when we check in for the cruise, because I think if Im showing it on the 7th, it will be pretty close to the 72 hr mark.... anyone have an idea how this might look?

It has been reported that cruise lines are checking for QR codes at embarkation on ships destined for Canada.  No one will check at disembarkation because it’s already tied to your passport.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

It has been reported that cruise lines are checking for QR codes at embarkation on ships destined for Canada.  No one will check at disembarkation because it’s already tied to your passport.

Ok thanks!

So, for the quarantine questions then... do I put, HOME ? Or do I enter the cruise ship?  Because I wont be flying home if Im positive. 

IMG_4055.jpg

2 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Ok thanks!

So, for the quarantine questions then... do I put, HOME ? Or do I enter the cruise ship?  Because I wont be flying home if Im positive. 

ArriveCAN says to enter the port address and your shipboard room #.  On a current HAL cruise, someone has posted the attached letter for the Port of Victoria.  So you can do either/or.  (Except, in your instance, you will enter your ship and the Port of Halifax information.)

568F8FD9-F5FE-44E1-8444-19E76AF8BAD8.thumb.jpeg.6a8d4a3661769fc18ee4902edf83e5aa.jpeg

E3ED3651-00DD-4DA1-ABA7-0C0ABB73BD97.thumb.jpeg.3345180337b2f746c664f8b53d161703.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

ArriveCAN says to enter the port address and your shipboard room #.  On a current HAL cruise, someone has posted the attached letter for the Port of Victoria.  So you can do either/or.  (Except, in your instance, you will enter your ship and the Port of Halifax information.)

568F8FD9-F5FE-44E1-8444-19E76AF8BAD8.thumb.jpeg.6a8d4a3661769fc18ee4902edf83e5aa.jpeg

E3ED3651-00DD-4DA1-ABA7-0C0ABB73BD97.thumb.jpeg.3345180337b2f746c664f8b53d161703.jpeg

You guys are awesome. Thanks for sharing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, son3cruisers said:

I'm so confused.

According to https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html you should complete your submission sometime in the 72 hours prior to boarding in NY. Its been reported that if you are arriving by cruise ship you may make a submission several weeks before the actual arrival date.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The cruise port address for Halifax is:

1215 Marginal Rd,

Halifax, NS

B3H 4P8

Thanks ☺️ yes I just googled it. But if you look at the letter *MISS G* posted, it says to list the ship name as address. And postal code as A1A 1A1. I think I will list the actual postal code, and CRUISE PORT under description.

Edited by son3cruisers

4 minutes ago, broberts said:

According to https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html you should complete your submission sometime in the 72 hours prior to boarding in NY. Its been reported that if you are arriving by cruise ship you may make a submission several weeks before the actual arrival date.

The app only allows you to choose a date 3 days in advance. But filling it out before we leave will still work. You guys are a wealth on knowledge. So grateful.

5 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Thanks ☺️ yes I just googled it. But if you look at the letter *MISS G* posted, it says to list the ship name as address. And postal code as A1A 1A1. I think I will list the actual postal code, and CRUISE PORT under description.

The A1A postal code was assigned to the Port of Victoria.  You will need the Port of Halifax postal code which @Fouremcoposted.

8 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

The app only allows you to choose a date 3 days in advance. But filling it out before we leave will still work. You guys are a wealth on knowledge. So grateful.

When arriving by ship, the arrival date in Canada can be up to a month later than the embarkation date.

As mentioned previously the submission has to be made within 72 hours of embarkation.

Edited by broberts

4 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

hahaha I thought it was a generic code. When I googled it, its actually St Johns Newfoundland! 

That’s fascinating because the Ogden Point postal code (Victoria) actually ends in 1A1,  as well, so I didn’t even question it.  Would be interesting to know where they (HAL) got their info.

Yesterday when I talked to an agent at ArriveCan, I was told there was no need to fill it in before the cruise, because we were Canadians already in Canada. We did need to fill it in 72 hours before arriving  back in Vancouver.Then I read the post 51 on this thread by Broberts, which quite clearly stated that it was necessary to submit before embarkation. This morning, I spoke to a fellow at Princess who said we could fill it out before embarking if we wanted to. HUH???

As I indicated, with differing ideas and different points on various Government websites, we will submit the form BEFORE we attempt to embark just to be safe.

Princess will give a test on the pier at no charge when we get off the ship in Vancouver. Are they responsible for quarantine if we test positive? Agent didn't know ( or wouldn't answer). I know it didn't used to be nearly this complicated.

11 hours ago, gubby said:

Princess will give a test on the pier at no charge when we get off the ship in Vancouver. Are they responsible for quarantine if we test positive? Agent didn't know ( or wouldn't answer). I know it didn't used to be nearly this complicated

Hi gubby…where did you get the above info?  I didnt think testing was required to enter Canada upon returning from a cruise or land

2 hours ago, ehogan said:

Hi gubby…where did you get the above info?  I didnt think testing was required to enter Canada upon returning from a cruise or land

I called Princess yesterday and the agent told me this, unsolicited as I never even thought about testing on return. My question was about timing of test to board the ship.

For those knowledgable people here, what are acceptable addresses for quarantine? All the scuttlebutt about ships and terminals has me thinking about our return. Do I use ship name, cruise terminal address or some other place? How do we find acceptable address for Vancouver. I was going to use sister in Edmonton because I was thi nking about random test and not knowing until we flew there from Vancouver. But if Princess tests and we are positive, we should not fly, but ArriveCan wants an address for quarantine. Can it get any more complicated?

14 hours ago, gubby said:

Princess will give a test on the pier at no charge when we get off the ship in Vancouver. Are they responsible for quarantine if we test positive? Agent didn't know ( or wouldn't answer). I know it didn't used to be nearly this complicated.

2 hours ago, ehogan said:

The majority of passengers on the cruise will be Americans, who will require a test to fly back to the US. Just as cruiselines made tests available for Canadians and other nationalities who required one to return home from Caribbean cruises, I believe that Princess will provide them in Vancouver to those who need them. The Princess employee possibly missed this little detail when providing the unsolicited information.

If we don't need a test when disembarking in Vancouver, and can just fly on to Edmonton, then I guess my plan to use sister's address in Edmonton as quarantine will still work. We are booked to receive our second booster on Friday, so feel that we are going to be well protected.

I also had the Princess agent tell me we needed the antigen test 3 days before embarkation, but we will stick to the 2 days from G of C  guidelines. That is better than  the 1 day they previously stated.  

• Like 3