P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

23 minutes ago, Pencil62 said:

We have tests booked at our nearest Lloyds about 3 miles away. However after reading reports of Lloyds cancelling at short notice I have collected a couple of Randox test at home kits as back up.

We have Randox kits but left our Lloyds appointment open which we will cancel once we have got our Randox certs.

• Thanks 1

We have ordered Randox tests but as a back up wanted an in store testing centre. From what I can see Lloyds don't offer tests on a Sunday and Dam Health require up front payment. Can anyone suggest anywhere else for testing that doesn't require payment until the day of the tests as we are obviously hoping the Randox will be fine.

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have Randox kits but left our Lloyds appointment open which we will cancel once we have got our Randox certs.

We pre booked Lloyds a week before and they emailed confirmation.

They emailed us on Tuesday to remind us of our tests on Wednesday and we got them done on Wednesday morning.

The person who did the tests took our passport details etc first but I don't think she was a pharmacist.

It was a 15 minutes nasal antigen test.

We got our negative results in 15 minutes got our certificates and paid our almost £60 and left to drive down the 310 miles to Southampton for 2 nights pre cruise stay.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We pre booked Lloyds a week before and they emailed confirmation.

They emailed us on Tuesday to remind us of our tests on Wednesday and we got them done on Wednesday morning.

The person who did the tests took our passport details etc first but I don't think she was a pharmacist.

It was a 15 minutes nasal antigen test.

We got our negative results in 15 minutes got our certificates and paid our almost £60 and left to drive down the 310 miles to Southampton for 2 nights pre cruise stay.

How did you manage to get the test done before leaving home if you had a 2 night pre cruise stay? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

How did you manage to get the test done before leaving home if you had a 2 night pre cruise stay? 

For Royal Caribbean if you were fully vaccinated the test was 2 days before cruise.

We had the test done at 9am and we were at our hotel in Southampton at 3.30pm Wednesday.

Our cruise was Friday on Anthem of the seas.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

For Royal Caribbean if you were fully vaccinated the test was 2 days before cruise.

We had the test done at 9am and we were at our hotel in Southampton at 3.30pm Wednesday.

Our cruise was Friday on Anthem of the seas.

That’s good, gives you a bit more breathing space! I’m suddenly interested as I might be cruising soon! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loveheart said:

We have ordered Randox tests but as a back up wanted an in store testing centre. From what I can see Lloyds don't offer tests on a Sunday and Dam Health require up front payment. Can anyone suggest anywhere else for testing that doesn't require payment until the day of the tests as we are obviously hoping the Randox will be fine.

I've just realised that we sail on a Sunday so we can't go for an in store test as they need to be done the day before and we aren't doing the home test till we arrive in Southampton on Saturday afternoon. I think it's just going to be the home test and pray we don't have any issues with it.

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Thats what I intend to do but it appears that you have to give lloyds 48 hours notice of cancellation or they will charge you anyway and may apply a £20 penalty charge.

57 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Thats what I intend to do but it appears that you have to give lloyds 48 hours notice of cancellation or they will charge you anyway and may apply a £20 penalty charge.

Which is fair enough I suppose. But do they compensate the customer when they cancel at short notice as some have reported?

• Like 1

Pretty poor show these companies cancelling at short notice.

We used Randox last year for post travel test and were impressed with their service.  I've noticed that they now do click & collect local to me, so in the event that we still need to do a self-administered test in November, we will probably use them.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ardennais said:

That’s good, gives you a bit more breathing space! I’m suddenly interested as I might be cruising soon! 

Princess cruises also have a longer period before to have the test, 3 days if up to date vaccinations including booster. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruise saint said:

Are P&O sticking to the 24 hour rule, or is it okay if the test is taken any time the day before embarkation?

It's the day before embarkation.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Princess cruises also have a longer period before to have the test, 3 days if up to date vaccinations including booster. 

Good to know, It’s Princess that I’m looking at actually! 

On 5/16/2022 at 5:24 PM, kalos said:

I think you are about ready to go cruising . Could you please let us know how things go with 

your testing  if you find time . Oh and enjoy your cruise :classic_smile:

LFT's done at local Lloyds Pharmacy this afternoon. I did ring them this morning to make sure they were expecting us. Pay on the day and issued with paper certificates. Glad to say we're both negative. Taxi at 2a.m. to Birmingham.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pencil62 said:

LFT's done at local Lloyds Pharmacy this afternoon. I did ring them this morning to make sure they were expecting us. Pay on the day and issued with paper certificates. Glad to say we're both negative. Taxi at 2a.m. to Birmingham.  

Thanks for the update that will help others .

Have a safe cruise and enjoy :classic_love:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks for the update that will help others .

Have a safe cruise and enjoy :classic_love:

We had to go into Sainsbury to pick up something from Argos. The Lloyds pharmacy lady said they do the test. Perhaps it will all change by Mid July when we go on our next jaunt.

• Thanks 1

Did our Randox fit to fly tests at home this morning before leaving for Southampton. We are due to go on Aurora tomorrow. Certificates came through to both our email and Randox CertiFly app within a few minutes.

We had downloaded the Randox CertiFly app previously and   registered our personal details on it.

Once test taken went into app to complete steps and scan the negative result.  Needed to enter the purchase order for our test kits as part of process, so make sure you have order number to hand.

You have to wait 15-30 mins (not more than 30) from taking the test before you do the scan. 

There's a timer in the app as part the process. When it gets to 15 mins think it came up with screen saying to scan, so that appears to be easiest way to do to ensure you complete within timescale.

Note: there's another button you can click on which bypasses the timer function. If you use that (we did for our first test) you may find that the clock on which you need to select the time you took your test may be an hour behind your time (I couldn't change it to our current time). However, when the certificate came through it did show our current time (so I hadn't needed to panic that something was going wrong after all)

eg. You do your test at 0915. Clock in app showed 0815 but couldn't change it to 0915 so, left as 0815. Certificate showed 0915.

Hope above is of help. We would be happy to use same again in future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Did our Randox fit to fly tests at home this morning before leaving for Southampton

Thanks for the helpful review ,have a great cruise tomorrow :classic_smile:

27 minutes ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Did our Randox fit to fly tests at home this morning before leaving for Southampton. We are due to go on Aurora tomorrow. Certificates came through to both our email and Randox CertiFly app within a few minutes.

We had downloaded the Randox CertiFly app previously and   registered our personal details on it.

Once test taken went into app to complete steps and scan the negative result.  Needed to enter the purchase order for our test kits as part of process, so make sure you have order number to hand.

You have to wait 15-30 mins (not more than 30) from taking the test before you do the scan. 

There's a timer in the app as part the process. When it gets to 15 mins think it came up with screen saying to scan, so that appears to be easiest way to do to ensure you complete within timescale.

Note: there's another button you can click on which bypasses the timer function. If you use that (we did for our first test) you may find that the clock on which you need to select the time you took your test may be an hour behind your time (I couldn't change it to our current time). However, when the certificate came through it did show our current time (so I hadn't needed to panic that something was going wrong after all)

eg. You do your test at 0915. Clock in app showed 0815 but couldn't change it to 0915 so, left as 0815. Certificate showed 0915.

Thanks for that comprehensive write up, we are due to do our tests on Wednesday.

Has used Randox in the evening.

1 hour ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Many thanks for this post…especially the requirement to quote the order number.