P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

We did our Randox tests this morning. I was able to use the app on my android phone. Had some trouble getting my test strip in focus, kept on getting a message to contact supplier. However, I eventually managed it and our certificates arrived about 10 minutes later.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Slugsta said:

We did our Randox tests this morning. I was able to use the app on my android phone. Had some trouble getting my test strip in focus, kept on getting a message to contact supplier. However, I eventually managed it and our certificates arrived about 10 minutes later.

We used Loyds Pharmacy worked fine for us really good despite poor reviews.

12 hours ago, mickey1959 said:

We used Loyds Pharmacy worked fine for us really good despite poor reviews.

I think one of the problems for us is that we need a test on a Saturday.  A number of our local Lloyds are still offering tests, but not on Saturdays unfortunately.  Still hoping that testing will be scrapped.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ShelaghL said:

I think one of the problems for us is that we need a test on a Saturday.  A number of our local Lloyds are still offering tests, but not on Saturdays unfortunately.  Still hoping that testing will be scrapped.

We're on the same cruise as you. Travelling down on the Saturday, overnight stay. We will do the tests early on Saturday morning before we set off. Probably use Randox, but haven't ordered yet. Like you I hope they scrap testing.

Not that we disagree with testing, it's just the added stress.

11 hours ago, ShelaghL said:

Yep. We sail on a Sunday on Britannia on 18th Sept and all our nearby Lloyds are closed on a Saturday. The reason is that most in our region are attached to Doctors surgeries which are closed on a Saturday.

image.thumb.jpg.7faf343c8c90b6dc63ee4fb7688d49c1.jpgI sail on 18th August and have just received an e mail to say that a lateral flow test is still required within 2 days of sailing but a Certificate is no longer necessary. I presume that I can just use the NHS tests then ???

Edited by margsbolton
  • Thanks 1

Just now, margsbolton said:

I sail on 18th August and have just received an e mail to say that a lateral flow test is still required within 2 days of sailing but a Certificate is no longer necessary. I presume that I can just use the NHS tests then ???

That looks to be the case.

• Like 1

Well, the previous policy didn't work.

All 1800 passengers on Arcadia J212 produced negative test certificates before boarding, it didn't help the 400 or 500 passengers (and those were the ones who admitted having symptoms and got tested) disembarking from isolation yesterday.

3 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

All 1800 passengers on Arcadia J212 produced negative test certificates before boarding, it didn't help the 400 or 500 passengers (and those were the ones who admitted having symptoms and got tested) disembarking from isolation yesterday.

So nearly a 1/3 of passengers ended up with covid. I wonder how many on Iona/Britannia etc have it but P&O are not telling us.If it is the same percentage then I believe that P&O are not really bothered as if they restrict the number of passengers by thia amount they will probably go under.

• Like 1

You will be advised if your cruise has the new policy.

You can use any valid lateral flow test, however strictly you should not use NHS or council provided ones as these are very specifically funded/provided for non-travel purposes.

The £2 ones from Boots / Tescos are fine as are any in the approved list.

You will not be asked for any proof as I understand it.

Some cruises may still require a certified test.

• Thanks 1

Just now, molecrochip said:

You will be advised if your cruise has the new policy.

You can use any valid lateral flow test, however strictly you should not use NHS or council provided ones as these are very specifically funded/provided for non-travel purposes.

The £2 ones from Boots / Tescos are fine as are any in the approved list.

You will not be asked for any proof as I understand it.

Some cruises may still require a certified test.

Where does it say that NHS ones are for non-travel purposes?I have looked on the leaflet and no mention of this so have you a link for this please?

Just now, Yorkypete said:

So nearly a 1/3 of passengers ended up with covid. I wonder how many on Iona/Britannia etc have it but P&O are not telling us.If it is the same percentage then I believe that P&O are not really bothered as if they restrict the number of passengers by thia amount they will probably go under.

It doesn’t matter from a numbers perspective. Sounds crass but always true.

Restrictions were always about insuring that the medical centre was not overloaded with serious cases and could keep those onboard alive until outside assistance was available to look after them.

We’ve now moved past the point where significant numbers of vaccinated people end up as serious cases on board ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yorkypete said:

Where does it say that NHS ones are for non-travel purposes?I have looked on the leaflet and no mention of this so have you a link for this please?

COVID-19 testing for the purposes of international travel is not available on the NHS. Testing for this reason is only available through private providers who must have self-declared that they meet the UK Government's minimum standards for the type of commercial COVID-19 testing service they offer.

https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/advice/disease-prevention-advice/covid-19-health-considerations-for-travel/coronavirus-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions

21 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

COVID-19 testing for the purposes of international travel is not available on the NHS. Testing for this reason is only available through private providers who must have self-declared that they meet the UK Government's minimum standards for the type of commercial COVID-19 testing service they offer.

https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/advice/disease-prevention-advice/covid-19-health-considerations-for-travel/coronavirus-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions

Thank you. It would appear that the NHS one is not allowed whereas the paid for one which is exactly the same is allowed. Strange!

• Like 1

Be interesting to see what way the cruise lines go with testing. Its not as black and white as we all hoped. So many permutations such as insurance, compensation, refund for positive test result, does it have to be a pcr backing up your own positive lft.....how many test positive but go anyway as they may not get refund for travel, flights hotels etc. Its not a decision id want to make tbh. But also got to think about availability of testing now very little is required for most flights...... interesting times ahead

Interesting. Well it removes that uncertain pre-embarkation stage that really soured the start of a holiday until the neg result came through. Although, there is now even more reliance on everyone being truthful - but of course the former “evidence” could have been faked. But I think it’s a good move forward. And I would like to think most people are honest at heart..(what government? 😇).

We’re on Britannia on Sunday and as we’ve already bought our tests we will still bring a copy of the certificate - just in case P and O move the goalposts again. Or, given their IT “skills”, in case they send one of their mass emails at the 11th hour saying the previous was an error 🤣🤣

Edited by Camberley

1 hour ago, FangedRose said:

Wow! Could you supply the data source, please. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Camberley said:

Interesting. Well it removes that uncertain pre-embarkation stage that really soured the start of a holiday until the neg result came through. Although, there is now even more reliance on everyone being truthful - but of course the former “evidence” could have been faked. But I think it’s a good move forward. And I would like to think most people are honest at heart..(what government? 😇).

We’re on Britannia on Sunday and as we’ve already bought our tests we will still bring a copy of the certificate - just in case P and O move the goalposts again. Or, given their IT “skills”, in case they send one of their mass emails at the 11th hour saying the previous was an error 🤣🤣

I agree the test at the dockside was a bit fraught. Fancy having to find your cases which had already been put on the ship & then drive for X hours home following a +ve result. 

1 hour ago, Yorkypete said:

No wonder P&O and the other cruise lines keep the figures a closely guarded secret. 

As I said elsewhere, now no doubt deleted, will there become a tipping point when people decide that the risk of getting Covid is too great, and decide to do other sorts of holidays.  The replies to my previous post suggested that this point is no where near being reached, but you’d think that, at some point, people will notice what’s happening, especially if people catch Covid on one cruise, then catch it again on another cruise! 

• Like 1