Boarding Harmony tomorrow 4/17 on a B2B (not live but will respond to questions/requests)

9 hours ago, torpeedo said:

We were in the same boat but booted off the 12/4 Harmony to the 12/4 Wonder ; booted off the Wonder for Special people welcome events..apparently not us,  to a few other options which were given but, oops, our category had booked was a GS and, of course, none available. You're lucky if you were given an option you could use.

We got booted off of that one as well, and switched to an 8-night Jewel instead, so we kept our suite category, and got some $$ back to boot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, island lady said:

Our 2 week Med loop, followed by 14 night western TA on Allure was cancelled for 2021.  Then rebooked for 2022 L&S.  Then Allure ended up being replaced by Wonder.   

The GS I have is going for 3 times what I paid on Allure.   Price protected.  Yaaah!  😄 

And from what I've seen, the Wonder GSs look nicer than the rest of the Oasis Class GSs...both the location on 17 and the room layout itself.

12 hours ago, orville99 said:

We have been sailing on the “biggest ships” since the capacity was around 700 passengers. Now that is two lifeboats on Harmony.

CD Dan Dan was telling a joke last week when talking about his history with Royal.  He started on the Song of America.  He told people if they wanted to see the Song of America today, it's now lifeboat 16 on Oasis.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

And from what I've seen, the Wonder GSs look nicer than the rest of the Oasis Class GSs...both the location on 17 and the room layout itself.

Love...love the location on 17 GS cabins on Wonder...and not just CK/SL on that level, but the outside suite deck (with nice looking bar area!)...one level up on 18.  

The GS?  I am not so impressed.  It's 10 Sq. feet smaller than O class ships.  Does not sound like much, but makes a difference on ship cabins.  No bar space that we usually enjoy.  Actually looks more like a larger JS, like on Voyager class ships to me.  

Not complaining though, as we enjoy the JS cabins as well.  It's that location that will be fantastic for all four weeks we are on.  And no changing cabins.  😄 

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

CD Dan Dan was telling a joke last week when talking about his history with Royal.  He started on the Song of America.  He told people if they wanted to see the Song of America today, it's now lifeboat 16 on Oasis.

Yeah, 😖 He has been telling that joke for months now.   I usually mouth the joke silently as he says it.  😄 

Thanks so much for your pic & video of Falmouth & Labadee...it will be my first time in those ports in a couple weeks on Explorer.  If you still have the Compass from 1st or 2nd day, can you please let me know how much the unlimited drink package was if bought on board?  Thank you & keep the good info coming... and enjoy your cruise of course!

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

The GS?  I am not so impressed.  It's 10 Sq. feet smaller than O class ships.  Does not sound like much, but makes a difference on ship cabins.  No bar space that we usually enjoy.  Actually looks more like a larger JS, like on Voyager class ships to me.

I didn't know it was smaller.  My comments were based on the Wonder GS seeming to be more open.  My beef with the O class GS is the partial wall in middle.  It's nice for separating the sleeping area from the living area but makes both areas feel small to me.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I didn't know it was smaller.  My comments were based on the Wonder GS seeming to be more open.  My beef with the O class GS is the partial wall in middle.  It's nice for separating the sleeping area from the living area but makes both areas feel small to me.

There was no wall in the gs on allure. The tv was mounted between the balcony door and the bedroom window. Do not like the wall on Harmony at all.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

I will check when we get back to our cabin.

@Jerseygirl1416  Prices for next week (BTW, that is a $7/day increase over what it was in January on Harmony):

841A1E40-07A1-4EF5-BC3B-7DEEA199232A.png

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If you have a chance can you report what they’re charging for Voom surf per day on board? 

An arm and a leg. $26.99/day for S+S and $21.99/day for Surf only.

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

There was no wall in the gs on allure. The tv was mounted between the balcony door and the bedroom window. Do not like the wall on Harmony at all.

I actually like the separation wall in a Harmony GS

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I enjoy reading about your 1st world problems. 🙂

The GS wall looks appealing to me, not that it matters since we'll be returning to our interior cave after this next cruise.

Haven’t sailed in an interior since i changed wives.😍

• Haha 1

I’m currently on my second of b2b cruises.  One thing that stands out….internet is absolutely horrible.  I tried to get a partial refund but was told they would only give it to me if I canceled the next 4 days.  I’ve been on. 35+ Royal cruises and I don’t remember it ever being this bad.  After cruising on 3 Oasis class ships (Allure, Symphony, and Harmony) over the past 3 months, I’m looking forward to Vision next month.

Edited by sellwingri

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Haven’t sailed in an interior since i changed wives.😍

Ha. Different strokes.

I had never been on a cruise until my honeymoon. My wife cruised some as a kid and was Emerald when we got married. She told me she "needed" a balcony (b/c her parents always had a balcony or suite) so we got a balcony and continued getting balconies for a few cruises. When we got 4 points away from Diamond, I suggested we just take the cheapest 4-nighter to the Bahamas we could find to become Diamond before our next 7-night balcony. So we got an interior on Enchantment. That's when my wife realized she doesn't actually need a balcony and loved sleeping in a pitch black cave.

I'm extremely frugal and never cared about the balcony so I was thrilled. We've done interior ever since except for Alaska (unless her parents are paying). Reaching Diamond was the 2nd biggest achievement on that cruise to me. 🤣

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, cruiseraps said:

We board Sunday is the bag your diamond plus gift?  Thanks for your reports. Greg

I believe it is a 525 level gift. We finally had our last Disney tote bag die, so we swapped out a bottle of wine for the totes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sellwingri said:

I’m currently on my second of b2b cruises.  One thing that stands out….internet is absolutely horrible.  I tried to get a partial refund but was told they would only give it to me if I canceled the next 4 days.  I’ve been on. 35+ Royal cruises and I don’t remember it ever being this bad.  After cruising on 3 Oasis class ships (Allure, Symphony, and Harmony) over the past 3 months, I’m looking forward to Vision next month.

Internet on Harmony was pretty bad last week.  Many times when I could not connect to anything at all.