Hooked Seafood: Review Navigator of the Seas

I made a quick little review video about our time in Hooked Seafood on Navigator of the Seas. Take a look to see if its a specialty restaurant you might be interested in "shelling" out some money to visit. (See what I did there!) Let me know if you have any questions about the restaurant in the comments.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, binro01 said:

I made a quick little review video about our time in Hooked Seafood on Navigator of the Seas. Take a look to see if its a specialty restaurant you might be interested in "shelling" out some money to visit. (See what I did there!) Let me know if you have any questions about the restaurant in the comments.

This was our favorite restaurant on the Symphony.  

• Like 3

We were on the Symphony a month ago and had the UDP so we ate at every restaurant once.  Of the 7 Hooked was our least favorite and doubtful that we will return.  Part of that had to do with the fact that they were short staffed and had 3 servers for the entire restaurant but also the food was no different than the seafood that they serve in the MDR.

Both the shrimp cocktail and the lobster tail were the exact same as served on the MDR. Pretty sad when you get a better shrimp cocktail in Chops than you do at the seafood restaurant.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Great review! What is that little thing that looks like a Hot Cross Bun with butter or ice cream next to it? :classic_smile: We are looking forward to Hooked on Navigator at the end of the month. 

That was their Cherry Pie. Go with the brownie or coconut cream pie instead.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We were on the Symphony a month ago and had the UDP so we ate at every restaurant once.  Of the 7 Hooked was our least favorite and doubtful that we will return.  Part of that had to do with the fact that they were short staffed and had 3 servers for the entire restaurant but also the food was no different than the seafood that they serve in the MDR.

Both the shrimp cocktail and the lobster tail were the exact same as served on the MDR. Pretty sad when you get a better shrimp cocktail in Chops than you do at the seafood restaurant.  

On our cruise, the shrimp were much larger than the ones in the MDR same size as the shrimp cocktail at Chops. I did not get the lobster tail at Hooked so I can not comment on that. We opted for the whole lobster with the crabmeat stuffing and cheese for dinner.

It's sad to hear it was so short staffed on your cruise. We had 5 waiters, 3 assistant waiters and one head waiter in our Hooked on Navigator. Everyone was so very attentive and made sure we were happy customers. We also had a pretty low occupancy cruise, just a tad over 50%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, binro01 said:

On our cruise, the shrimp were much larger than the ones in the MDR same size as the shrimp cocktail at Chops. I did not get the lobster tail at Hooked so I can not comment on that. We opted for the whole lobster with the crabmeat stuffing and cheese for dinner.

It's sad to hear it was so short staffed on your cruise. We had 5 waiters, 3 assistant waiters and one head waiter in our Hooked on Navigator. Everyone was so very attentive and made sure we were happy customers. We also had a pretty low occupancy cruise, just a tad over 50%.

Good to hear that not sll ships were as bad as we experienced on Symphony.  They were definitely cutting costs the week we were on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good to hear that not sll ships were as bad as we experienced on Symphony.  They were definitely cutting costs the week we were on. 

I believe they were doing some cost savings, just not on the staff side but on the procurement side.

The whole lobster was advertised as 2lb lobsters. They were not.

And like I stated in the video, they ran out of oysters by night 3 of our 4 night cruise. I feel sorry for the people who wanted to give the oysters a try on nights 3 and 4. We were lucky enough to get to at least try them on our sea day lunch. (They were also on the smaller side for oysters) 

Soft shell were very good. Crab cakes were all breading, no good.  The broiled plate was fair at best. We had 3 cruises on Navigator with the UDP, and hooked was the worst. 

We grew up on Chesapeake bay and spend half year in Cabo. So we like good seafood. Hooked was not very good

• Thanks 1

Our shrimp cocktail in the MDR on Explorer...some times they were very small so they gave you 4 and some times they were a tiny bit larger and they gave you 3...Hmmm. I guess someone was checking for size HaHa !!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Soft shell were very good

I agree. The softshell crabs were excellent. The baked/Raw Oysters were also very good though a tad on the small side. When we were on the Navigator, I placed Hooked on par with Jamie's. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for. Hooked is a great place for a different kind of sea day lunch. I think it's a better fried fish place vs a boiled/grilled fish restaurant. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Our shrimp cocktail in the MDR on Explorer...some times they were very small so they gave you 4 and some times they were a tiny bit larger and they gave you 3...Hmmm. I guess someone was checking for size HaHa !!!

Shrimp cocktail and crab cakes in Chops was better than Hooked 

Several years ago my wife tried Hook on another ship (so I don't get the comment from the reviewer that is a new concept.  Maybe for Navigator but not other ships)

We were not impressed with food or service.  Since the reviewer threw out that he was from the Northeast and he knows good seafood.  I am a Florida native and have been eating locally caught seafood pretty much all of my life.  I don't normally bring this up.  Because I realize different parts of the country have their likes and dislikes in regards to particular food dishes.  Are they wrong, maybe not but I see several of their reviews, I can make decision on trusting them.

51 minutes ago, binro01 said:

And like I stated in the video, they ran out of oysters by night 3 of our 4 night cruise. I feel sorry for the people who wanted to give the oysters a try on nights 3 and 4. We were lucky enough to get to at least try them on our sea day lunch. (They were also on the smaller side for oysters) 

After day 3 or 4, you don't want raw oysters. 🤮