Anyone going down to welcome the Pacific Explorer in to Sydney on Monday?

Great to see the ships back.

I wonder what that idiot ex police commissioner Mick Fuller thinks now. I will always remember with disgust when he was asked, early in the pandemic , when cruise ships would return to Australia he answered with a  smart arse  smirk on his face “ never”. 👎😡

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We had a wonderful morning watching Pacific Explorer sail into Sydney. These were some of our photos. We saw Zoltina-J being interviewed by Brady Halls (she was on the ship and he was on the pier)., and it will be on a Current Affair tonight

Edited by stki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, stki said:

We had a wonderful morning watching Pacific Explorer sail into Sydney. These were some of our photos.

Thanks stki for posting, I enjoyed your photos.

I think I may have spied the big Z there on a deck shot. 😁

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I wonder what that idiot ex police commissioner Mick Fuller thinks now. I will always remember with disgust when he was asked, early in the pandemic , when cruise ships would return to Australia he answered with a  smart arse  smirk on his face “ never”. 👎😡

Perhaps he received a free mini cruise with all the travel agents in the next few weeks on Pacific Explorer.  He could become a Cruiseling, lol.

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Perhaps he received a free mini cruise with all the travel agents in the next few weeks on Pacific Explorer.  He could become a Cruiseling, lol.

Nah, P&O would not stoop that low,  surely.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Nah, P&O would not stoop that low,  surely.

With his super payout of $5 million  he would be on Cunard - Queens Grill Suite Or at least a full suite on Princess Cruises.

Edited by NSWP

Great photos, stki!

We went for a drive down to Circular Quay. Unfortunately they were doing work on the Cahill Expressway lane on the bridge and therefore had the Cahill closed in that direction. We caught glimpses of the ship crossing the bridge though. We looped down to the roundabout near the Opera House but couldn't stop for a photo. We then went  across the Cahill back to the bridge. As well as the 'We're Home' banner above the bow, the big screen was showing 'G'day Sydney". 

I'm glad Pacific Explorer was the first ship back, she has a long history here, first as Dawn Princess then with P&O. Very appropriate!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

I was starting to get the feeling he was going to be proved right. Marky McClown was another in that boat with comments surrounding Artania. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NSWP said:

There is no T/A freebies on the ship, which has become a sneeze free zone.

You are a bit hung-up on this cruiseling thing. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated 🤣

• Haha 1

P & O and the cruise industry must be rapt with the weather today.  Absolutely glorious day on the harbour.  We caught a ferry to Watson’s Bay and timed it with the cruise ship coming into the harbour (per my earlier photos).  By the time we got back to Circular Quay the queues for the ferries were huge, due to the gorgeous weather and free public transport currently on offer until the 25th.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

There is no T/A freebies on the ship, which has become a sneeze free zone.

You are a bit hung-up on this cruiseling thing. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated 🤣

OK no more Cruiseling talk, for my cruise career hath ended.  And the crowd roared.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, vegemeter said:

At the end of a 7News report they said RC would bring Radiance down to Sydney in October but I can't seem to find any cruises on their site? Anyone have the scoop?

Yes, major scoop that nobody could ever expect.

7News has got no idea, probably looked at an out of date T/A port schedule page. There are still quite a few that haven't been updated.

27 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, major scoop that nobody could ever expect.

7News has got no idea, probably looked at an out of date T/A port schedule page. There are still quite a few that haven't been updated.

I can only find repositioning on ovation, hawaii to syd.

I was at the Opera House. It was awesome seeing a ship sail into Sydney again after so long! And the amount of people at Circular Quay, is the most I've seen in over 2 years. It was a perfect day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vegemeter said:

At the end of a 7News report they said RC would bring Radiance down to Sydney in October but I can't seem to find any cruises on their site? Anyone have the scoop?

I know Choose Your Cruise usually use Radiance but they moved to Ovation and have their rock cruise and country cruise booked for Nov. 
https://chooseyourcruise.com.au/cruises/rock-the-boat-2022/