Anyone going down to welcome the Pacific Explorer in to Sydney on Monday?

7 hours ago, B'Elanna said:

I was at the Opera House. It was awesome seeing a ship sail into Sydney again after so long! And the amount of people at Circular Quay, is the most I've seen in over 2 years. It was a perfect day.

I hung onto the tv all morning and watched everything I could (from Melbourne). A perfect day for sure!

10 hours ago, vegemeter said:

At the end of a 7News report they said RC would bring Radiance down to Sydney in October but I can't seem to find any cruises on their site? Anyone have the scoop?

Don't believe anything you hear on TV about cruise ships. The reports on Brisbane TV have stated that the first cruise from the new terminal will be in August and one report said it will be in November. BTW, it will be on 2nd June.

Yesterday on the charter boat was fabulous. Lots cheers, tears and champers flowing. The loudest cheer was when she came around South Head and the first sound of her whistle blowing as she rounded the buoy inside the heads was surreal after waiting so long to hear that again..

ย 

Roll on 31 May for the first sailaway party.

20220418_092813.jpg

• Like 3

Flutters of excitement here seeing the revamped 'Dawn Princess' (now Pacific Explorer') returned to Sydney. We last enjoyed her 10 years ago over to Hawaii & French Polynesia....those were magical days!ย  She certainly has seen a nice makeovers inside from what I've seen on the photos.

Being a loyal Princess cruiser, I'd be interested to know if P&O come close to favorite in terms of bang for one's buck?

178 Pat and  Joe at Sundowners.JPG

Edited by Kinkacruiser

4 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

How long will she be in Sydney? And when will she head to Brisbane?

Pacific Explorer is due to leave Sydney on 31st May on her first cruise. She is due to arrive at Brisbane's new cruise terminal on 2nd June when she leaves to return to Sydney.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alibabacruisers said:

How long will she be in Sydney? And when will she head to Brisbane?

No Brisbane season is imminent. She will cruise out of Sydney 31st May till 28th October, then relocate to Adelaide for a few cruises till 12th November, then spend the summer cruising out of Melbourne.

ย 

By the time Explorer departs Sydney, P&O will have their new arrivals in Australia - Encounter based in Brisbane & Adventure based in Sydney.

16 minutes ago, CRUISING ALONG said:

Hoping Sydney can keep this lovely sunny weather for the next few weeks and for sailaway for Pacific Explorerย  on the 31st May 2022.

Unfortunately rain is predicted for the rest of the week in Sydney. ๐Ÿ™

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I wonder if any crew will be allowed ashore before she sails on 31 May?ย  They will not be happy being confined aboard for another 6 weeks.

Zoltina- J said they will be allowed ashore on 20 April in her interview on ACA last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisegroover said:

Zoltina- J said they will be allowed ashore on 20 April in her interview on ACA last night.

At least they get ashore, the city will be cleaned out of potato chips, chocolate, corn chips and all the other goodies they like to buy. I there an Aldi near White Bay, e.g. Balmain?ย 

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

At least they get ashore, the city will be cleaned out of potato chips, chocolate, corn chips and all the other goodies they like to buy. I there an Aldi near White Bay, e.g. Balmain?ย 

The nearest is at Birkenhead Point - Aldo, Coles and it's also an outlet centre so good bargains on clothes, shoes etc.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Screenshot_20220421-162605_Drive.thumb.jpg.53658ecb3485e911cef84c324ad29988.jpg

I think these dates are for the Pacific Encounter. The question was "how long the Pacific Explorer would be in Sydney and when she would be heading to Brisbane.

ย 

For interest, the 27th August cruise on the Pacific Encounter has been changed from the 'Island Hopper' to Port Vila and is now a 'Barrier Reef Discovery' cruise to Cairns and Port Douglas.